PDA

View Full Version : Shutout

thatmediadude
9/2/2012, 05:37 PM
First, I know we played like crap last night, but the positive is, UTEP didn't get into the endzone last night. Jeffery broke that one long run that Colvin shoestring tackled him on at at around the 30, but other than that, UTEP didn't get near the endzone. (Thank goodness their kicker stinks). It's week 1. Not saying we played flawlessly on defense cause we gave up over 200 rushing yards. However, pitching a "shutout" is something to stay positive about. I am concerned about our defensive tackle play cause it seemed UTEP could do what they wanted up the middle. Lots of improvements, but overall, we held them outta the endzone.

1-0 is a lot better than 0-1.

Til the day I die, BOOMER SOONER BABY!

8timechamps
9/2/2012, 05:44 PM
First, I know we played like crap last night, but the positive is, UTEP didn't get into the endzone last night. Jeffery broke that one long run that Colvin shoestring tackled him on at at around the 30, but other than that, UTEP didn't get near the endzone. (Thank goodness their kicker stinks). It's week 1. Not saying we played flawlessly on defense cause we gave up over 200 rushing yards. However, pitching a "shutout" is something to stay positive about. I am concerned about our defensive tackle play cause it seemed UTEP could do what they wanted up the middle. Lots of improvements, but overall, we held them outta the endzone.

1-0 is a lot better than 0-1.

Til the day I die, BOOMER SOONER BABY!

If you go back and look at the play, Aaron Franklin missed the tackle at the line of scrimmage, otherwise that long run doesn't happen. So, it's absolutely correctable. In fact, most of the problems we saw last night are fixable. No major injuries, the defense never let a WR run free in the secondary, they also pitched a shut out, and (most importantly) we got the "W", and live to fight another day.

We really won't know how good we are until we face K-State. But, at least we know we'll be playing in front of 80+ thousand Sooner faithful.

goingoneight
9/2/2012, 05:56 PM
DL has a long way to go. The coverage was better than it has been, though.

8timechamps
9/2/2012, 05:58 PM
DL has a long way to go. The coverage was better than it has been, though.

The ends looked good dontcha' think? We need Walker and McGee back, otherwise we're probably going to see a lot of big gains up the middle.

olevetonahill
9/2/2012, 06:22 PM
Good news, I got Laid last night
Bad news, It was the fat ugly drunk neighbor woman:smiley_simmons:

Tiptonsooner
9/2/2012, 06:38 PM

Any port in a storm.....

BoulderSooner79
9/2/2012, 07:07 PM

You must have been drunk enough to cope :)

Jason White's Third Knee
9/2/2012, 07:54 PM

Bet I've had worse.

85sooners
9/2/2012, 09:38 PM
Sluts

SoonerorLater
9/2/2012, 09:41 PM

Sorry I don't quite understand what you are saying about the bad news part,

olevetonahill
9/2/2012, 10:02 PM
Sorry I don't quite understand what you are saying about the bad news part,

Kinda like our game
It was Ugly but got the jorb done

Always_Sooner
9/2/2012, 10:40 PM
OU has got to develop some depth at the defensive tackle position. Secondly, I hope the offensive gains Landry's trust. I remember the first game in 2010 that Landry was scrambling all over the pocket; because he didn't trust the line....