3. USC (1)
4. LSU (3)
5. Florida State (7)
6. Gerogia (6)
7. West Virginia (11)
8. Michigan State (13)
9. Arkansas (10)
10. Oklahoma (4)

Edit: The baseline I used was the pre-season AP poll. I put their pre-season ranking in parenthesis.

JLMSOONER
9/2/2012, 05:50 PM
Ok.

Bammer still looked #1

I don't amember the rest, but not sure we looked top 10. But we won it. Next game!

goingoneight
9/2/2012, 05:53 PM
Heh... I'd wait and see how OU plays for a few weeks before I'd have them in any top 15. Clemson looked far better than us and USCar.

8timechamps
9/2/2012, 05:54 PM
Ok.

Bammer still looked #1

I don't amember the rest, but not sure we looked top 10. But we won it. Next game!

We really didn't look like #10, but based on how we were ranked pre-season, and how the other teams looked, I kept us in the top 10.

8timechamps
9/2/2012, 05:55 PM
Heh... I'd wait and see how OU plays for a few weeks before I'd have them in any top 15. Clemson looked far better than us and USCar.

That's why I added this line:

Edit: The baseline I used was the pre-season AP poll.

mojohornfan
9/2/2012, 06:12 PM
1. Ala
2. Oregon
3. USC
4. LSU
5. OU (sucks) :)
6. West Virginia
7. Georgia
8. Fla st.
9. Clemson
10. South Carolina
11. Texas

Collier11
9/2/2012, 06:39 PM
Here's mine:

1. Alabama (2)
2. Oregon (5)
3. USC (1)
4. LSU (3)
5. Florida State (7)
6. Gerogia (6)
7. West Virginia (11)
8. Michigan State (13)
9. Arkansas (10)
10. Oklahoma (4)

Edit: The baseline I used was the pre-season AP poll. I put their pre-season ranking in parenthesis.

Pretty similiar but id have Georgia lower

stoops the eternal pimp
9/2/2012, 07:18 PM
Here's mine:

1. Alabama (2)
2. Oregon (5)
3. USC (1)
4. LSU (3)
5. Florida State (7)
6. Gerogia (6)
7. West Virginia (11)
8. Michigan State (13)
9. Arkansas (10)
10. Oklahoma (4)

I can go along with this.

SoonerofAlabama
9/2/2012, 07:35 PM
We're definitely moving down but I thought more to 6 or 7, not 10.

Sabanball
9/2/2012, 07:44 PM
1. Bama
2. LSU
3. Oregon
4. USC
5. West Virginia
6. FSU
7. Arkansas
8. South Carolina
9. Georgia
10. Nebraska

My impression of your game last night is that you're going to miss the two O-linemen that you lost recently(with lost exp. of 59 starts) maybe more than you think and it is greatly effecting your run game. Honestly, right now at this point in time, I think you're a top 15 team but that's it.

As for my Tide, we played dominating football for sure but I really think Michigan may be much weaker than most people think. It took only one qtr for us to establish superiority over them physically then they basically rolled over like a $2 whore. We'll have a better gauge of how good we REALLY are after we go to Fayetteville in two weeks.

cleller
9/2/2012, 07:54 PM
1. Alabama
2. LSU
3. USC
4. Oregon
5. Georgia
6. W. Va
7. FSU
8. Clemson
9. Nebraska
10. Arkansas

That may look high for Clemson, but when Sammy Watkins returns, lookout.

soonercastor
9/2/2012, 07:54 PM
I underestimated bama. Let's keep in mind that Oregon gave up 34 pts to Arkansas St. That is A LOT.

Alabama
USC
LSU
MSU
WVU
Oregon
OU
FSU
Georgia
Nebraska

8timechamps
9/2/2012, 08:15 PM
I underestimated bama. Let's keep in mind that Oregon gave up 34 pts to Arkansas St. That is A LOT.

Alabama
USC
LSU
MSU
WVU
Oregon
OU
FSU
Georgia
Nebraska

That's a case of the final score being misleading. Oregon could've scored 100 (literally). Chip Kelly took his starters out in the second quarter. Oregon was up 50-3 half way through the second quarter. It looked like Oregon's offensive coordinator could have taken a poll from the crown on what play to run next, and it would've scored. It was bad. And Arkansas State isn't a bad team.

8timechamps
9/2/2012, 08:18 PM
1. Bama
2. LSU
3. Oregon
4. USC
5. West Virginia
6. FSU
7. Arkansas
8. South Carolina
9. Georgia
10. Nebraska

My impression of your game last night is that you're going to miss the two O-linemen that you lost recently(with lost exp. of 59 starts) maybe more than you think and it is greatly effecting your run game. Honestly, right now at this point in time, I think you're a top 15 team but that's it.

As for my Tide, we played dominating football for sure but I really think Michigan may be much weaker than most people think. It took only one qtr for us to establish superiority over them physically then they basically rolled over like a $2 whore. We'll have a better gauge of how good we REALLY are after we go to Fayetteville in two weeks.

I got to see a little of the Michigan game, but I've seen the highlights and checked in a couple of times throughout the game. I don't think Michigan is great, but their not bad either. They were just beat in almost every aspect of the game.

LSU did not impress me at all. They should have killed North Texas, but the Mean Green hung around. In Death Valley. Opening game. At night.

If I had to pick a national title game after week one, it'd be your boys versus Oregon. I think that would be a pretty good match-up.

8timechamps
9/2/2012, 08:19 PM
1. Alabama
2. LSU
3. USC
4. Oregon
5. Georgia
6. W. Va
7. FSU
8. Clemson
9. Nebraska
10. Arkansas

That may look high for Clemson, but when Sammy Watkins returns, lookout.

Just not sold on how good Auburn is. Otherwise, you have a good point (about Watkins).

85sooners
9/2/2012, 09:06 PM
**** the ranking lets just win the rest of the year

8timechamps
9/2/2012, 09:09 PM

What I always like most about your posts is that you get right to the meat of your point.

MamaMia
9/2/2012, 10:56 PM
Good thread. I can use your lists to help me with my Posse Pick Em confidence points this week. :D

According to vet, I was..."Not the worst" :O

...and hope that the teams we beat do well the rest of the way.

IronHorseSooner
9/2/2012, 11:08 PM
Based on everybody else, I think we are somewhere between 7 to 10. Again, we were the only team to start the season with a non-con on the road. We were also the only to pitch a defensive shutout. This is why you NEVER schedule a BCS buster as your first game. They have an entire offseason to gameplan you. This is called the Boise State formula. Ever since we lost to TCU and Boise State, every Non-BCS team thinks that they can beat us. Please see UAB, USU, BYU, USAFA, and now UTEP. This outcome is as much the fault of Joe C. as anyone. Every time we schedule an FCS team as our first game, it works, and you build momentum (see 2008). Make you next game your marquee non-con, then your third against a mid-tier BCS team or a BCS buster. You have momentum by that time. However, this is no excuse for the complete lack of focus on all parties. If we beat KState, no one will remember this game.

MamaMia
9/2/2012, 11:14 PM
I was surprised to see an away UTEP scheduled as our first game. Joe C. said he was NOT going to do that again. :(

Blue
9/2/2012, 11:31 PM
1.Bama
2. LSU
3.Oregon
4. W. Virginia
5. USC
6. FSU
7. Wisconsin
8. Mich St.
9. Georgia
10. Arkansas

Sabanball
9/2/2012, 11:41 PM
I got to see a little of the Michigan game, but I've seen the highlights and checked in a couple of times throughout the game. I don't think Michigan is great, but their not bad either. They were just beat in almost every aspect of the game.

LSU did not impress me at all. They should have killed North Texas, but the Mean Green hung around. In Death Valley. Opening game. At night.

If I had to pick a national title game after week one, it'd be your boys versus Oregon. I think that would be a pretty good match-up.

Your prediction is realistic and plausible, but you are selling LSU short. They dominated North Texas and they have solved their qb problem with Mettenburger, who was solid. Just because they didn't win 84-0 doesn't mean they were not impressive. Much like our game in the Jerry Dome, the outcome was never in doubt after the first half of play.

I know you guys don't like to hear it, but you might as well get ready because LSU WILL be in the NC discussion this yr....

SCOUT
9/3/2012, 12:26 AM
Predictions before week 4 are a waste of time.
Could we have scored more?
Yes.
Did Bama take the same strategy?
Maybe.

It's like using preseason NFL games as a predictor for the season. Let if unfold!

cleller
9/3/2012, 07:27 AM
I was surprised to see an away UTEP scheduled as our first game. Joe C. said he was NOT going to do that again. :(

Seems like I heard the UTEP games was a late addition (as in last winter) due to someone else changing their schedule, or the conference shakeup. Dang, can't remember what it was.

IronHorseSooner
9/3/2012, 09:28 AM
Seems like I heard the UTEP games was a late addition (as in last winter) due to someone else changing their schedule, or the conference shakeup. Dang, can't remember what it was.

I think it had to do with conference shake up. The same with the Florida A&M game. What peeves me, as I said before, is that we played this game first. We could have done like TCU and delayed a week and started with Florida A&M at home, and then with UTEP or whomever else we could find. You are going to set yourself up for a game like this every time you do it this day and age. The BCS busters also know that elite teams, especially us, play it vanilla and often use the game to have guys serve off-season suspensions. Voila! That's what just happened! Hence you come in with no emotion, undermanned, and on the defensive.

smackramensooner
9/3/2012, 10:54 AM
1. Bama
2. LSU
3. Oregon
4. USC
5. West Virginia
6. FSU
7. Arkansas
8. South Carolina
9. Georgia
10. Nebraska

What exactly did you see in South Carolina and Georgia that makes you think they're top 10?

soonercastor
9/3/2012, 02:09 PM
It's like using preseason NFL games as a predictor for the season.

No it's not.

marfacowboy
9/3/2012, 02:18 PM
I don't know about 4-10, but I know Alabama is #1 and USC and LSU are 2-3. I guess FSU is probably 4.
I've never been on the Oregon bandwagon. They'd lose to Arkansas or Georgia.

CowboyMRW
9/3/2012, 02:46 PM
No way. Oregon would absolutely rush all over Arkansas. I think they're the most overrated

marfacowboy
9/3/2012, 02:52 PM
No way. Oregon would absolutely rush all over Arkansas. I think they're the most overrated

Yeah, that's what they said about Oklahoma in 1978.

marfacowboy
9/3/2012, 04:01 PM

The more I think about it, maybe you're right. I'll take Tennessee over Oregon.
;

ashley
9/3/2012, 08:07 PM
We need to get a lot better in mu top 10.

AZSOONER
9/3/2012, 08:53 PM
Predictions before week 4 are a waste of time.
Could we have scored more?
Yes.
Did Bama take the same strategy?
Maybe.

It's like using preseason NFL games as a predictor for the season. Let if unfold!
pretty sure everyone would agree with you, however, I waited too damn long for college football to start to wait 3 more weeks to start talking about it. :)

8timechamps
9/3/2012, 08:55 PM
Your prediction is realistic and plausible, but you are selling LSU short. They dominated North Texas and they have solved their qb problem with Mettenburger, who was solid. Just because they didn't win 84-0 doesn't mean they were not impressive. Much like our game in the Jerry Dome, the outcome was never in doubt after the first half of play.

I know you guys don't like to hear it, but you might as well get ready because LSU WILL be in the NC discussion this yr....

You're right dammit!

I was thinking about Georgia. I watched a lot of the Georgia/Buffalo game and just a little of the LSU/NT game.

Even so, I'm not high on LSU this year. Even before the loss of the marijuana badger, I didn't expect them to be there in the end. I really doubt anyone in the SEC goes undefeated (even Bama). What Miles has proven over the years is that he will make a game-changing bad call somewhere along the line. He really didn't do that last year (well, I suppose you could say leaving his QB in during the NT game was a bad call). I'm sure they will stay in the title discussion here for a while, but not in the end. We'll see...

AZSOONER
9/3/2012, 08:58 PM
1. Bama
2. lsu
3. usc
4. oregon
5. fsu
6. w. ginny
7. OU
8. uga
9. ark
10. nebraska

8timechamps
9/3/2012, 08:59 PM
I don't know about 4-10, but I know Alabama is #1 and USC and LSU are 2-3. I guess FSU is probably 4.
I've never been on the Oregon bandwagon. They'd lose to Arkansas or Georgia.

Remember two years ago, when Oregon played for the title? They had a chance to win right up until the end. This team is much better than that team on defense, and at least as good on offense. They will have a test in USC (probably twice). Unless they were a fraud Saturday (and I'll give you that's a possibility), this is the best team Chip Kelly's had.

AZSOONER
9/3/2012, 09:00 PM
PS, my 1-5 I'd bet $$$ on, 6-10 is a coin toss.

OU_Sooners75
9/3/2012, 09:02 PM
1. Alabama
2. Southern Cal
3. LSU
4. Ohio State
5. WVU
6. Florida State
7. Oklahoma
8. Oregon
9. Nebraska
10. Oklahoma State

OU_Sooners75
9/3/2012, 09:15 PM
What exactly did you see in South Carolina and Georgia that makes you think they're top 10?

Well, he saw $EC next to their conference affiliation.

The guy is the biggest ****ing $EC fan I have came across. He bleeds the $EC, $EC, $EC bull****!!!

What's funny from the guy is he gives absolutely no credit where it is due. Though we looked sluggish against UTEP, our defense looked pretty well allowing just 48 yards passing (when was the last time we held any team below 50 yards passing?). And we gave up ZERO. Offensive points.

Our line wasn't as bad as people think considering we started two just two returners. They will improve each game.

After week one I would have figured that the $EC teams would have shown a much better product since they were suppose to be heads and shoulders better then any other conference. But in fact USCe struggled with a team many think will finish at the bottom of the $EC. And Georgia didn't really impress either. Not to mention Florida, Tennessee, Missouri, Auburn, and other were far from great in their season debuts.

AZSOONER
9/3/2012, 10:55 PM
1. Alabama
2. Southern Cal
3. LSU
4. Ohio State
5. WVU
6. Florida State
7. Oklahoma
8. Oregon
9. Nebraska
10. Oklahoma State

Really? okie lite top 10? I realize its your opinion, but they're gonna lose 4-5 games this year and after an embarrassing week 1 (game should have never been scheduled) you're THAT impressed?

OU_Sooners75
9/3/2012, 11:50 PM
Really? okie lite top 10? I realize its your opinion, but they're gonna lose 4-5 games this year and after an embarrassing week 1 (game should have never been scheduled) you're THAT impressed?

Name how many times 84-0 has happened in the history of college football. That is impressive.

That said, I guess I should take OU out since they weren't exactly a top 10 looking tea?

Finally, the title is: "Rank YOUR top 10 AFTER WEEK 1

So yeah, OSU had a top 10 performance for week one.

Imo, rankings are worthless until at least first week of october.