PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone notice?

Jason White's Third Knee
9/2/2012, 03:09 PM
Landry can move now. That was impressive.

SoonerorLater
9/2/2012, 03:15 PM
Yes he was moving better than I have seen in previous years. Not a lot came of it in the way of completed passes last night . I thought he had a decent game though.

rock on sooner
9/2/2012, 03:59 PM
Yes he was moving better than I have seen in previous years. Not a lot came of it in the way of completed passes last night . I thought he had a decent game though.

Didn't Landry's moving around get him clear for the td to Stills? Jus askin..

Breadburner
9/2/2012, 04:03 PM
He shouldn't have too...!

stoops the eternal pimp
9/2/2012, 04:12 PM
Yeah, showed good feet..just has to bring the ball down a little on his passes

SoonerorLater
9/2/2012, 04:20 PM
Didn't Landry's moving around get him clear for the td to Stills? Jus askin..

I don't think so. If I remember right he had quite a bit of time on that throw. I think he had pretty good protection. I'll have to look again but i don't he had to move around very much.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/2/2012, 04:21 PM
Moving out of the pocket isn't necessarily a line issue..The pocket can collapse if they send extra defenders down the middle or one way or the other depending on the rush..either step up or move..

cleller
9/2/2012, 04:51 PM
Maybe he'll pick up some of that old Heupel busted-play sideline to sideline receiver search scheme.

8timechamps
9/2/2012, 05:19 PM
Maybe he'll pick up some of that old Heupel busted-play sideline to sideline receiver search scheme.

Looking back, Heupel really wasn't an overly gifted player, he just never gave up.

Landry has to start trusting other guys. Kenny is clearly his security blanket, but I think we saw some glimpses of Metoyer and that Justin Brown can be a very solid contributor.

En_Fuego
9/2/2012, 05:44 PM
Landry has always appeared to me as if he were about to chit his pants.......Wish the Boy would just settle the F down.

SoonerorLater
9/2/2012, 05:45 PM
Looking back, Heupel really wasn't an overly gifted player, he just never gave up.

Landry has to start trusting other guys. Kenny is clearly his security blanket, but I think we saw some glimpses of Metoyer and that Justin Brown can be a very solid contributor.

He wasn't gifted physically but he was just like having a second offensive coordinator on the field. I can't even begin to guess what percentage of plays he audibled out of to give his team in the best possible advantage. I stood and talked to him one time before the 2000 season. Josh was not an imposing physical specimen even in his best day. I would estimate him to be about 6' - 6' 1" and at the time maybe 185-190 lbs. In his street clothes nobody would ever have thought he was a football player if they met him. I remember thinking at the time he looked like the guy behind the counter at the Taco Bueno that I used to stop at. But on the field he was a genius.

8timechamps
9/2/2012, 05:46 PM
He wasn't gifted physically but he was just like having a second offensive coordinator on the field. I can't even begin to guess what percentage of plays he audibled out of to give his team in the best possible advantage. I stood and talked to him one time before the 2000 season. Josh was not an imposing physical specimen even in his best day. I would estimate him to be about 6' - 6' 1" and at the time maybe 185-190 lbs. In his street clothes nobody would ever have thought he was a football player if they met him. I remember thinking at the time he looked like the guy behind the counter at the Taco Bueno that I used to stop at. But on the field the was a genius.

Very true. A coaches son through and through.

Jason White's Third Knee
9/2/2012, 06:43 PM
I thought LJ was very composed last night. Passing was solid. The line had no push on runs but did ok on pass blocking. Price threw the kitchen sink at our greenish line and they did fair. Still I was pleased to see Landry run. It was impressive compared to previous years.

SoCalBigRed
9/2/2012, 06:49 PM
He looked more mobile. Really disappointed in a Senior QB acting so indecisive and holding the ball. Couldn't tell on TV, because it was about the worst coverage I've seen, "Yeah, that was a coverage sack..." OK... well, can we SEE the replay then, from that angle... so WE can see. All I saw from the TV's perspective, was Landry holding onto the ball WAY to long and WAY to many times.

At this point, I'll chalk it up as typical and/or frequent OU first game stinkers.

morgansedge
9/3/2012, 12:33 AM
i just wish that some time instead of just waiting til its to late to throw the ball how about just trying to get a couple of yards with his feet then slide? Then there wouldn't be so many negative plays.Better a couple of yards than no gain or lost yardage.

EatLeadCommie
9/3/2012, 01:02 AM
Landry had happy feet all night. Probably why his throws were high for part of the night.

Blue
9/3/2012, 01:24 AM
Good to see our next QB show some fire and show some emotion. I wish Blake could pass a little on to Landry.

soonerloyal
9/3/2012, 07:55 AM
He looked more mobile. Really disappointed in a Senior QB acting so indecisive and holding the ball. Couldn't tell on TV, because it was about the worst coverage I've seen, "Yeah, that was a coverage sack..." OK... well, can we SEE the replay then, from that angle... so WE can see. All I saw from the TV's perspective, was Landry holding onto the ball WAY to long and WAY to many times.

Yes the whole "deer in headlights, no I can't throw to anyone except Kenny first" attitude really is a continuing disappointment to see. I know Jones did throw to others, but for the most part what our group saw was other players wide-the-frick open and Landry panicking because he seemed to want Kenny. It was so damn frustrating. Heisman contender? I don't see it. Successful in the NFL? He's too damn inconsistent.

FriscoTXsooner
9/3/2012, 09:11 AM
It's funny to see so many people sitting and analyzing LJ's game, from the front of a computer, and not the front of a rushing defense. At the end of the day, Landy is the starting QB for the Sooners, and that in itself deserves recognition, not many can say that. Second, and here is my non QB observations, Landry will pull it all together this year, and by that I mean he will get his receivers (those other than Kenny Stills) to be where they have to be, and the timing will improve. I have faith in him and his receivers as well as the coaching staff. As I've said in other posts his movement is much improved, but you are correct he was holding onto the ball a little too long, and I suspect he coaches will be telling him that as well. It will be a good year, we have good receivers, and they will improve drastically over the enxt 3 weeks.

Okie35
9/3/2012, 09:13 AM
Are you sure that's how he saw it? It's easier to say all that watching on tv. This is why they watch film hopefully he'll see it.