PDA

View Full Version : Last Time the D didn't allow any points was.....

soonercastor
9/2/2012, 09:28 AM
When we shut down ISU in 2010, right?

olevetonahill
9/2/2012, 09:37 AM
I really liked the Way Mike Coached em to Make the UTEP Kickers miss those FGs :excitement:

soonercastor
9/2/2012, 09:41 AM
I really liked the Way Mike Coached em to Make the UTEP Kickers miss those FGs :excitement:

http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/22.gif

CatfishSooner
9/2/2012, 09:52 AM

YES! that was Key!!

AZSOONER
9/2/2012, 10:24 AM
If a win is a win, then a Defensive shutout is still a shut out. I'll take it. Good job guys!!!!

olevetonahill
9/2/2012, 10:30 AM
If a win is a win, then a Defensive shutout is still a shut out. I'll take it. Good job guys!!!!

I aint complainin Aint Braggin either

thecrimsoncrusader
9/2/2012, 10:58 AM
UTEP didn't miss those field goals, Oklahoma blocked all of those field goals.

IronHorseSooner
9/2/2012, 11:20 AM
UTEP didn't miss those field goals, Oklahoma blocked all of those field goals.

As a former kicker, I can see why those guys missed them. Just like you don't have to get to the QB all of the time to mess with him- the same is with kickers. All of those kicks came from the left hashmark. We put an overload to one side, which caused them to over compensate and push (right-footer)/ pull (left-footer). It was pretty smart; however, the only bad thing about overloading on STs is that you make yourself susceptible to a fake. If the upback/holder has the latitude to audible, you can pick-up an easy first down.

As for our miss, it was a miss-hit. Hunnicutt hit the upper half of the ball, not the lower half. Most times, this is due to bad timing. As per some of the ways things looked last night, it was par for the course.

85sooners
9/2/2012, 01:08 PM
Pass defense killed us last year not last night though

Salt City Sooner
9/2/2012, 02:31 PM
As a former kicker, I can see why those guys missed them. Just like you don't have to get to the QB all of the time to mess with him- the same is with kickers. All of those kicks came from the left hashmark. We put an overload to one side, which caused them to over compensate and push (right-footer)/ pull (left-footer). It was pretty smart; however, the only bad thing about overloading on STs is that you make yourself susceptible to a fake. If the upback/holder has the latitude to audible, you can pick-up an easy first down.

As for our miss, it was a miss-hit. Hunnicutt hit the upper half of the ball, not the lower half. Most times, this is due to bad timing. As per some of the ways things looked last night, it was par for the course.
I'm betting it was in large part due to the fact that Tress had let go of the ball at virtually the same time that Hunnicutt's leg started on its downswing. That one was totally on the holder, or in this case, lack thereof.

EatLeadCommie
9/2/2012, 04:07 PM
Pass defense killed us last year not last night though

In fairness to UTEP, we were getting away with murder in the secondary. I thought our timing was a little off in terms of the DBs challenging the ball.

That's one thing though that I'm glad Martinez brought to the fold. Our DBs were instantly more aggressive when he was hired. That they couldn't cover my basset hound was an unfortunate oversight.

SoonerofAlabama
9/2/2012, 04:19 PM
When's the last time a true freshman had a 100-yard game in his debut?