PDA

View Full Version : This week’s top 10 comparisons

FriscoTXsooner
9/2/2012, 08:51 AM
Just a quick observation, but in the other top 10 games, most of the teams with the exception of Michigan have a petty balanced look. So my question is two fold: Did we simply play a team that played above themselves, emotion brings effort, or were we simply not prepared to play? I know we have some key position questions, but I was expecting more from both players, coaches i.e. play calling, and effort. Perhaps this is just another slow start, but others in the top 10 didn't seem to have a slow start. I am willing to wager that we drop several spots in the rankings which at this point doesn't mean much, but it does paint a negative picture going forward.

I am hoping as stated in other posts that our schedule will assist us in preparing for the rest of the season. All in all a win is a win, and I'm glad we didn't give up, but we have to shore up some areas, and get ready for some tough games. I think we will be OK, just wanted to see what everyone else was thinking.

picasso
9/2/2012, 09:35 AM
I think our QB needs more PT with his new crop of receivers and I think we were missing the guys who weren't with us on both sides of the line in El Paso.
I think we'll get better. BCS quality? Doubtful.

AZSOONER
9/2/2012, 10:22 AM
We sure made it look hard. I think we'll get better, but that trip to WV just got real scary.

yermom
9/2/2012, 10:30 AM
how many of the other top-10 are playing likely bowl teams on the road?

i was also not impressed, but i did like the signal calling. i can see why a change like that could be slow at first. it seemed like they would almost get in a rhythm for a bit, then it would fall apart.

but really, how many times have we rolled the first few games at home and looked like this on the road the first time out of Norman?

rainiersooner
9/2/2012, 12:56 PM
but really, how many times have we rolled the first few games at home and looked like this on the road the first time out of Norman?

That was the main positive I took out of this...we seem to lay one abysmal egg against an inferior opponent on the road each season...perhaps this was it?

StoopTroup
9/2/2012, 01:16 PM
Having gone to the Sun Bowl Game against Stanford I knew we weren't headed to El Paso to play a Top 25 Team but I also knew that we wouldn't be playing a game on the Road where our Fans out numbered the Home Fans like happens in some Big XII Venues. (Baylor)

That said....the UTEP Fans and the University have been trying hard to attract Teams like us to play there and the Stadium is a decent place to play. 10 Times better than what TU has for a Home Stadium. Their Fans showed up. We had some fans there but not like we usually do and we came out flat against a Team that was going to win simply by having us there to play them.

We still won and IMO it took the wind out of any OU Player that thought we were ready to take on an Alabama or SUC....

I like the way things turned out last night. I like that we head back Home with a win and that next week the game is PPV and the Stadium should be full and hopefully OU Fans won't sit down until we score our 1st Touchdown on A&M.

UTEP did our Coaches a Favor and even if Mike Price is proud of his guys.....he still hasn't ever beaten a Bob Stoops Team.

I'm looking forward to next week when aggies are asking why we ran up the score on A&M.

Tulsa_Fireman
9/2/2012, 01:20 PM
10 Times better than what TU has for a Home Stadium.

Turncoat!

Heretic!

HILLS AND TREES!!!

StoopTroup
9/3/2012, 06:12 PM
True is true

boomersooner28
9/3/2012, 06:43 PM
Everyone keeps bringing up WVU. I don't get it. If we play like we did Saturday, we will have 4 losses before we play WVU and that game won't really matter anyway. KSU is the team we need to worry about. The first potential loss if we don't get it together pretty damn quick.

C&CDean
9/3/2012, 07:02 PM
I'm pretty ****ing worried about the snakes. One game at a time and all...

ashley
9/3/2012, 08:02 PM
We should have played better and I think we have big problem but we did play three D-line subs.

papawlambert
9/3/2012, 09:52 PM
It would be nice if WVU and OU are undefeated when they meet in Morgantown. I think Stoops will light a fire under the guy's AZZ. It will be the first time in my 70Yrs that I will not root for OU , but when you have a Grandson on the other team, well you guys know.
Good luck with the rest of your season.

OU_Sooners75
9/3/2012, 09:57 PM
Kind of hard to compare any of them just yet. A few played some good teams, a couple played on the road or neutral site, and the rest played crappy teams at home.

That said, don't read into game one for OU so much.

The defense by Mike Stoops account was pretty vanilla. And by looking at the offensive play calling so was the offense.

AZSOONER
9/3/2012, 10:50 PM
I love defense, ABSOLUTELY luv it!!!!! Don't care if we win every game 6-0 only because our D got us a couple turnovers on the 20 and we kick FG. I'm really excited for a shutout next week.