PDA

View Full Version : Okay I'm glad we won!

OUInformant
9/2/2012, 01:01 AM
That was close!

SoonerorLater
9/2/2012, 01:15 AM
That was close!

In the end it won't look terrible in the news tomorrow but the offense has some work to do.

BoomerJ
9/2/2012, 01:19 AM
Couldn't be happier that the game is over. One of the ugliest wins I can remember.

A lot of work to do, but I think schedule sure helps. Should work some things out next week. Then two weeks to prepare for K State, then two weeks before going to T Tech. Hope we get some DT's back by then. However, the biggest thing is Jones and the receivers need to get in sync.

Widescreen
9/2/2012, 01:23 AM
Defensively, I think we'll be OK. That was a horrible exhibition of tackling but hopefully we can get that cleaned up. Also, we need our DT's back right away. Otherwise, decent. But yeah, offensively we have a lot of work to do. And it would help on punts if the OL would bother to chip the defender instead of standing up and running straight upfield.

MyT Oklahoma
9/2/2012, 07:31 AM
Our special teams remain an ongoing work in progress.

sendbaht
9/2/2012, 07:36 AM
On the road and we won...I'll take it....lots of film to watch for our young men...we will pull together...all good!

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
9/2/2012, 07:40 AM
I still question our ability to run the ball without the Belldozer in the game.

swardboy
9/2/2012, 08:09 AM
The good thing is: I don't question our ability to run the ball with the Belldozer in the game.

GameWarden
9/2/2012, 08:56 AM
The team played sloppy. OU got LOTS of breaks last nite. 3 or 4 fumbles and none were lost. UTEP missed 3 field goals.
The OL needs work. Special teams - what can you say? Almost gave UTEP an offensive TD.
I think we have some great receivers but they need a lot more polish as well.

Keller Sooner
9/2/2012, 12:24 PM
I got what I deserved for thinking we would come out looking like a well-oiled machine. It's been our history over the years to struggle in our openers. I really believe we will be pretty good by the K-State game.

possumfat
9/2/2012, 12:31 PM
I know we have injuries and such but watching our OL be dominated by UTEP creates the cause for concern. The schedule gets tougher and if we don't get "much" better we could
be looking at a 3 - 5 loss season.

SoonerorLater
9/2/2012, 12:55 PM
The box score doesn't really reflect how badly we played last night. OU wasn't observably dominant in much of any part of the game. The UTEP D-Line outplayed us. We did get solid play from our secondary. For OU to struggle against UTEP opening game or not raises lots of doubts about this season. We will almost certainly drop in the polls.

StoopTroup
9/2/2012, 01:03 PM
The box score doesn't really reflect how badly we played last night. OU wasn't observably dominant in much of any part of the game. The UTEP D-Line outplayed us. We did get solid play from our secondary. For OU to struggle against UTEP opening game or not raises lots of doubts about this season. We will almost certainly drop in the polls.

So you were on your seat at every moment worried the Miner Offense was going to run up the score?

Tulsa_Fireman
9/2/2012, 01:22 PM
But, but... But...

Landry and the receivers weren't in sync!

That is probably the most retarded thing I've heard.

StoopTroup
9/2/2012, 01:26 PM
"We just weren't in synch," Sooners quarterback Landry Jones said. "It was one of those things where we would have flashes of greatness, but it wouldn't be all as a team. But we came out with a W and that's what we're shooting for."

http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/recaps/090212aaa.html

Tulsa_Fireman
9/2/2012, 01:33 PM
It's an excuse. A bullsh*t excuse.

The only throws even coming close to timing throws were the quick hitters in the flat and the one he aced to Kenny Stills on the gut post and there's STILL a read component to that throw. It's not a synchronization issue between Landry and his receivers, Landry simply wasn't hitting his throws. Made some bad decisions. That's all there is to it.

SoonerorLater
9/2/2012, 01:46 PM
So you were on your seat at every moment worried the Miner Offense was going to run up the score?

If by running up the score you mean scoring more than us, then yes, I was concerned. No way we should be going into the 4th Q against UTEP in a one field goal lead game.

Tulsa_Fireman
9/2/2012, 01:48 PM
Savannah State Welding College of the Blind has no sympathy.