PDA

View Full Version : OMG! I waited 8 months for this!

OUInformant
9/2/2012, 12:18 AM
I hope we improve. I guess UTEP is pretty good.

LA.SoonerFan
9/2/2012, 12:22 AM
No, they are not that good. We just need to really improve. Let's just hope we can pull this one out.

MyT Oklahoma
9/2/2012, 12:36 AM
I really don't know what to make of this. Ask me after next week.

P.S. It would appear that we are over-rated.

kenth68
9/2/2012, 12:37 AM
I got in expecting to see a blow out, as it should be. But 10-6 against UTEP? And it should be 10-16 if UTEP just kicked? This is ridiculous.

StoopTroup
9/2/2012, 12:41 AM
I hope we improve. I guess UTEP is pretty good.

I posted this V expecting to see this ^ by nights end.

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?170331-OMG-WE-RE-DOOMED-!-!-!-THREAD

TheHumanAlphabet
9/2/2012, 12:41 AM
Why are you surprised? Been this way since after Bob won the NC.

MyT Oklahoma
9/2/2012, 12:46 AM
Why are you surprised? Been this way since after Bob won the NC.

Yeah but at least some years have been a little bit more exciting than this. LOL

FriscoTXsooner
9/2/2012, 08:59 AM
We'll know what kind of team we have Sept 22nd when K-State comes to town, that will show what kind of team we are! We need to vastly improve over the next 3 weeks, or it will be a tougher road than we thought. Yes we have missing players, but that simply means others have to step up. It just bothers me that we have to listen to others top 10 fans throw crap our way, albeit deserved I guess. Let's hope they fix the issues, I think the defense will be fine, but the offense has a lot to improve. One good thing I saw last night was Landry's ability to move out of the pocket, he does seem quicker this year. There were a few sacks, but that's because the pocket collapsed too quickly. He needs to work with the receivers and start trusting them, which means the receivers need to be where they're supposed to be.

cleller
9/2/2012, 09:03 AM
We'll know what kind of team we have Sept 22nd when K-State comes to town, that will show what kind of team we are! We need to vastly improve over the next 3 weeks, or it will be a tougher road than we thought. Yes we have missing players, but that simply means others have to step up. It just bothers me that we have to listen to others top 10 fans throw crap our way, albeit deserved I guess. Let's hope they fix the issues, I think the defense will be fine, but the offense has a lot to improve. One good thing I saw last night was Landry's ability to move out of the pocket, he does seem quicker this year. There were a few sacks, but that's because the pocket collapsed too quickly. He needs to work with the receivers and start trusting them, which means the receivers need to be where they're supposed to be.

Landry did escape some trauma last night, remarkable change.

cccasooner2
9/2/2012, 09:49 AM
....It just bothers me that we have to listen to others top 10 fans throw crap our way, albeit deserved I guess.......

A number 4 ranking for Sooner fans was a little high but I believe this week was a reality check. I believe we were missing too many posters and should improve a little next week. Remember, it's one game at a time. We can do it!

AZSOONER
9/2/2012, 10:09 AM
This season JUST GOT INTERESTING!!! Hell, maybe it's Bobs way of selling more ppv tickets next week.

sortiz1965
9/2/2012, 10:13 AM

Absolutely. It is too early to tell the story on these Sooners. I am encouraged with Landry's improved mobility and ability to throw on the run. That helped, especially on that TD pass to Stills. I hope to see vast improvement against Florida A&M; the bye will come at a good time for the coaching staff to do further fine-tuning in preparation for the match with K-State. That is the key game I am focusing on to see exactly what kind of team we can expect to field for the remainder of 2012.

Indy Sooner
9/2/2012, 11:31 AM
Hope the team can take advantage of a very favorable schedule...and improve such that a MNC run might be possible.

StoopTroup
9/2/2012, 11:33 AM
This season JUST GOT INTERESTING!!! Hell, maybe it's Bobs way of selling more ppv tickets next week.

I still don't think a whole lot of folks have figured out they are going to have to shell out $40+ next week.

I believe we should go ahead and start that meltdown thread now.