PDA

View Full Version : Eeeck!

OUInformant
9/1/2012, 10:59 PM
I hope Bob Stoops put together a better team than this.

tycat947
9/1/2012, 11:00 PM
You have to play football with emotion. We have ZERO emotion from the top down. Has been that way for a while now.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/1/2012, 11:09 PM
Well here is the thing...Coach's yelling, much to the dismay of this board, isn't going to produce emotion on the field..if it did, they would already be playing with it...someone on the field making plays has to create it with their play and attitude.

Mike Stoops or Bob Stoops can't create emotion on the field..Some player has to step up in the lockerroom and on the field.

cleller
9/1/2012, 11:14 PM
It is uncanny that such a large group of guys that have played football for so many years is so incapable of catching a football on offense or defense.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
9/1/2012, 11:20 PM
Well here is the thing...Coach's yelling, much to the dismay of this board, isn't going to produce emotion on the field..if it did, they would already be playing with it...someone on the field making plays has to create it with their play and attitude.

Mike Stoops or Bob Stoops can't create emotion on the field..Some player has to step up in the lockerroom and on the field.

You might be right. I don't know. But it seems to me in past years when Bob was known to throw his headphones down in disgust (as I've seen Price do tonight), the team also displayed more emotion.

Bob looks quite detached tonight I think.

Sooner5030
9/1/2012, 11:24 PM
I'm used to this....it's alot like going to Vegas.....just learn to enjoy the game regardless of outcome.

StoopTroup
9/1/2012, 11:25 PM
Some player has to step up in the lockerroom and on the field.

That component sure does seem to be missing. I surely hope Landry has one of those meltdowns soon. He's a 5th year Senior and this is his chance to show he can lead. I think on Offense.....it has to be him that gets them fired up.

8timechamps
9/1/2012, 11:33 PM
I'm used to this....it's alot like going to Vegas.....just learn to enjoy the game regardless of outcome.

Yep.

It is what it is. The defense looks good, but the offense is shaky. While others want to point at the way other teams looked today, we're not other teams (I know that's a surprise).

I'd like to at least watch a full game before declaring the end of the world.

StoopTroup
9/1/2012, 11:39 PM
^Good Call

8timechamps
9/1/2012, 11:51 PM
^Good Call

That's because of my unusually large brain. :)

LA.SoonerFan
9/2/2012, 12:14 AM
Thank God for crappy field goal kickers. This is pathetic

MyT Oklahoma
9/2/2012, 12:39 AM
It is what it is. I'll take the win though and hopefully without any injuries.

OUInformant
9/2/2012, 12:48 AM
I don't know what to think right now. Are we good or not?

Widescreen
9/2/2012, 01:26 AM
Landry still has the problem where he just won't pull the trigger and gets sacked. When he acts like he's going to throw and then decides not to, it usually results in something negative (sack, incomplete, interception). I wish he'd just let it fly. I was hoping as a 5th year senior he'd stop doing that. On the up-side, he did get away from the rush twice which is an improvement.

redkid
9/2/2012, 03:34 AM
I have faith in stoops and landry,,they will get er worked out

MyT Oklahoma
9/2/2012, 07:24 AM
What time is the game next weekend?

Widescreen
9/2/2012, 11:45 AM
6pm

http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/okla-m-footbl-sched.html

AZSOONER
9/2/2012, 11:51 AM
I don't know what to think right now. Are we good or not?

Better than utep!!

SoonerinSouthlake
9/2/2012, 12:07 PM
Yep.

It is what it is. The defense looks good, but the offense is shaky. While others want to point at the way other teams looked today, we're not other teams (I know that's a surprise).

I'd like to at least watch a full game before declaring the end of the world.

I think there is some wisdom in that. Lets give it a few games in fact before we throw ourselves from the ET Dunlap memorial Clock Tower

But I think there really is something to be said from the "eyeball test". If you've been watching sports for your whole life you can normally tell a elite team from the rest. Bama and SUC certainly seemed to have passed that test yesterday while we clearly did not

AZSOONER
9/2/2012, 12:09 PM
What time is the game next weekend?
$$:00

SoonerorLater
9/2/2012, 12:16 PM
I think there is some wisdom in that. Lets give it a few games in fact before we throw ourselves from the ET Dunlap memorial Clock Tower

But I think there really is something to be said from the "eyeball test". If you've been watching sports for your whole life you can normally tell a elite team from the rest. Bama and SUC certainly seemed to have passed that test yesterday while we clearly did not

Yep, at this point we are not close the same caliber as USC or Alabama and it will take gigantic strides of improvement for us to get there.

rock on sooner
9/2/2012, 12:24 PM
Yep, at this point we are not close the same caliber as USC or Alabama and it will take gigantic strides of improvement for us to get there.

One way to look at is that Bama and LSU are closer to midseason form
and won't get much better while we have a long way to go to midseason
form and we'll get LOTS better....:encouragement:

possumfat
9/2/2012, 12:36 PM
I think it will be an average season, we don't look like Bama or USC at this point so we are that much behind. Not pointing blame just reacting based on what I saw........................and what I saw was a team that will struggle agaisn't good teams based on how much we need to improve over a short period of time.

SoonerorLater
9/2/2012, 12:41 PM
I'm hoping that Jones will be able to develop a re pore with our receivers but since Broyles went down last year so did the machine-like offense.

FaninAma
9/2/2012, 12:50 PM
I still think Landry doesn't see the coverage quickly as it is unfolding downfield and has a hard time adjusting and finding his 2nd and 3rd options unless he has lots of time.. I think Josh needs to do a better job of scripting decoys short with primary routes being ran in the intermediate range. Josh needs to make adjustments in the offense that was designed to hit Broyles short and then depend on YAC. Defenses know what Landry/Josh's comfort zone is the short passing game and they are working hard to shut it down.

StoopTroup
9/2/2012, 12:55 PM

Clearly Bobby Bowden needed glasses in 2000. :D

SoonerorLater
9/2/2012, 01:30 PM
I still think Landry doesn't see the coverage quickly as it is unfolding downfield and has a hard time adjusting and finding his 2nd and 3rd options unless he has lots of time.. I think Josh needs to do a better job of scripting decoys short with primary routes being ran in the intermediate range. Josh needs to make adjustments in the offense that was designed to hit Broyles short and then depend on YAC. Defenses know what Landry/Josh's comfort zone is the short passing game and they are working hard to shut it down.

Landry Jones is an enigmatic QB to me. While all QB's performance improves when they are in their comfort zone Landry Jones performance improves parabolically. When he isn't the drop off is the same way. Given an average amount of time to throw he can thread a rope through the slightest holes in zone coverage, drop them between the LB's and the dbacks and hit his receivers on the money when they get separation (like Broyles was so good at). But make him speed up just a little bit and tighten the coverage his performance drops dramatically. And I do mean just a little is all it takes to throw him completely out of sync. At this point Landry is a big time talent as a thrower and a work in progress as a QB.

StoopTroup
9/2/2012, 01:51 PM
Here's your work in progresss.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxkHVv-J5n4

StoopTroup
9/2/2012, 01:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5q_w0LJNm3E

Tulsa_Fireman
9/2/2012, 01:58 PM
9fWvub_WBho

StoopTroup
9/2/2012, 01:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyeWat53qJU&feature=fvwrel

StoopTroup
9/2/2012, 02:00 PM
Wax on....

Wax off....

Tulsa_Fireman
9/2/2012, 02:04 PM
V8rZWw9HE7o

StoopTroup
9/2/2012, 02:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4z88U915uq8

SoonerorLater
9/2/2012, 02:17 PM
[QUOTE=StoopTroup;3505743]Here's your work in progresss.....

This is exactly my point. How many of these throws was he under pressure? When you give him time he can absolutely kill a defense. Thus my comment about him being a great thrower. What I don't see in the highlights is where a play apparently broke down and Landry carries it on his shoulders. Thus the comment about QB work in progress.

StoopTroup
9/2/2012, 02:25 PM
So he's a work in progress because he had some plays you kind of remember yet he's Oklahoma's greatest passer in School History.

Toss everything he's done in the trash bin call him a work in progress because he didn't score every time he touched the ball and he never won a MNC so he and Bradford and Heupel are just memories you'd rather forget.

I think you should get off his back. He's back for another year even though the smart move would have been to leave for the NFL.

SoonerorLater
9/2/2012, 02:52 PM
So he's a work in progress because he had some plays you kind of remember yet he's Oklahoma's greatest passer in School History.

Toss everything he's done in the trash bin call him a work in progress because he didn't score every time he touched the ball and he never won a MNC so he and Bradford and Heupel are just memories you'd rather forget.

I think you should get off his back. He's back for another year even though the smart move would have been to leave for the NFL.

I guess I should have known that anything that might be construed as critical of Landry Jones would attract negative feedback. First I am not on his "back". The gist of my comments could be appropriately described as saying Landry Jones has higher highs and lower lows than comparably talented QB's. Overall he is a good college QB. He is not as good as Bradford nor is he he field general Heupel was. Even you use the term greatest passer when referring to him and not greatest QB. I wouldn't say he is even the greatest passer. He is the most prolific passer. There is a difference. As to him being back for his final year I would wager he is back because of advice he got as to where he would go in the draft and areas he needs to improve. Most likely the reason he was working out at Stanford with George Whitfield this Spring.

radio
9/2/2012, 03:56 PM
Like Berman says "thats why they play the game". UTEP didnt bow down. They came out and punched em in the mouth.

Come on, OU only ran about a dozen or so different plays. If that. Gotta peak when at the end not the beginning.

radio
9/2/2012, 03:59 PM
ps. NM HS FB is not Texas

En_Fuego
9/2/2012, 04:30 PM

LMAO

8timechamps
9/2/2012, 04:39 PM

I watched a lot of football this weekend, and I saw ONE team that looked the caliber of Bama. That was Oregon. USC beat up on a weak Hawaii team, and there is no denying they are still razor thin with offensive depth. They could be just like us last year with one key injury. They may be as good as advertised, I'll just have to see more of them.

Oregon looked like a video game. Arkansas State is not a bad team, and they made them look like a high school team. Chip Kelly called off the dogs (offense AND defense) in the second quarter. Think about that, the second quarter! If not, there is no question in my mind that they could've scored 100.

If I'm ranking teams on what I saw this weekend, the it'd look like this:

1. Alabama
2. Oregon
3. USC