PDA

View Full Version : When you die...

9/1/2012, 11:18 AM
Do you want to be surrounded by family and friends?

Personally, I'd rather be like the old family cat that craps outside. You notice it hasn't showed up for food for a few days and well, that's it.

My family is obsessed with everyone being there when one of us cashes out. We hang out in the same room until the relative stops being alive and stuff. It is in no way enjoyable for all parties concerned. It was clear my father in-law wasn't cool with having an audience, and yet there we were. Yet Grandma seemed to enjoy the company during her passing.

I'm facing that situation once again with an aunt and wonder if I should stay or go now. If I stay there will be trouble. If I go it will be double.

So come on and let me know.

hawaii 5-0
9/1/2012, 12:29 PM
"Better to burn out than fade away" Neil Young

Imma gonna get about $50K. Go to Vegas and get a stretch limo. Get about 6 gorgeous hookers. Few Z's of snow. Some Dom. We're gonna party till I'm dead.

They can throw what's left of my body by the side of the road and divvy up anything that's left.

5-0

9/1/2012, 01:07 PM
Dang it, I KNEW I forgot that option.

King Crimson
9/1/2012, 01:49 PM
balls deep in an italian supermodel is not a choice?

King Crimson
9/1/2012, 01:52 PM
i didn't read the first post. i'm an idiot.

sorry. ugh.

olevetonahill
9/1/2012, 01:56 PM
i didn't read the first post. i'm an idiot.

sorry. ugh.

Well He did say how do YOU want to be found?
I aint going fer that choice of the crapper right after #8 cause I aint ready to go at the end of this season

Other than that I DGAS what happens when its over

jk the sooner fan
9/1/2012, 01:58 PM
i was there when my grandmother died and as painful as it was to watch - i wouldnt have been anywhere else that day

i dunno - it's not something i'd want to make a habit of but being alone when you die sure doesnt seem all that great - compared to being surrounded by those that love you..

King Crimson
9/1/2012, 02:27 PM
in a hospital i would not want to die alone. if you up on the continental divide, a place you love or something...maybe that's how you touch your deity...i could see that. alone i mean.

my maternal granddad who was just a farmer who never lived in town and worked for the OK dept of Ag....after he got old, he and gmom moved to elk city which was like a big city for them. he had a stroke at 85 and the doctors said he had a few more years most. being the stubborn old okie he was, he doubled that number. seeing him in a home the last year or so was horrible. he'd have rather fallen off a ladder doing stuff with his pecan trees and end it there. not being speechless and having my mom shave him etc. it was bad, for a crazy old coot with a lot of independence.

olevetonahill
9/1/2012, 02:32 PM
in a hospital i would not want to die alone. if you up on the continental divide, a place you love or something...maybe that's how you touch your deity...i could see that. alone i mean.

my maternal granddad who was just a farmer who never lived in town and worked for the OK dept of Ag....after he got old, he and gmom moved to elk city which was like a big city for them. he had a stroke at 85 and the doctors said he had a few more years most. being the stubborn old okie he was, he doubled that number. seeing him in a home the last year or so was horrible. he'd have rather fallen off a ladder doing stuff with his pecan trees and end it there. not being speechless and having my mom shave him etc. it was bad, for a crazy old coot with a lot of independence.

I lived there fromj the Mid 70s to the Mid 80s

9/1/2012, 02:58 PM
Elk City, or as a crazy old coot with a lot of independence?

olevetonahill
9/1/2012, 03:05 PM
Elk City, or as a crazy old coot with a lot of independence?

Elk City back then , Crazy Old coot in the present :very_drunk:

9/1/2012, 03:09 PM
I'm from Sayre, so I had to ask.

olevetonahill
9/1/2012, 03:26 PM
I'm from Sayre, so I had to ask.

When I 1st moved out there I hated it , seemed so flat and worthless. Then I got stopped by a Trooper and he asked me how I liked it. tolt him I hated it I was used to Woods and Hills to hunt and fish in
He told me to get out an explore some of thos "washes" I did and fell in love Some great Hunting an fishin there

SicEmBaylor
9/1/2012, 03:31 PM
I've always wanted to just go up into the mountains in Alaska, Montana, etc. and find a tree to sit under with a nice view and check out alone.

marfacowboy
9/1/2012, 03:41 PM
I've always wanted to just go up into the mountains in Alaska, Montana, etc. and find a tree to sit under with a nice view and check out alone.

Yeah, I always thought the American Indian·death song·lone wolf deal might be pretty cool, but I'd prefer to be surrounded by my wife and kids.
Another option might be going out late in life celebrating another Sooner National Title....you're about 90 or so, do one last shot of tequila, fire your six-shooter in the air and say "Boomer Sooner, adios!"

9/1/2012, 05:01 PM
I think you mean, "bsmoomah... BANG."

diverdog
9/2/2012, 08:57 AM
"Better to burn out than fade away" Neil Young

Imma gonna get about $50K. Go to Vegas and get a stretch limo. Get about 6 gorgeous hookers. Few Z's of snow. Some Dom. We're gonna party till I'm dead.

They can throw what's left of my body by the side of the road and divvy up anything that's left.

5-0

The bitch of it is you will probably not be able to get it up. Best take the $50k and do it now while you can really enjoy it. Make sure to video tape it and show it to your wife. She either shoots you, divorces you, or is so totally into it you can do threesomes the rest of your life. Really no downside for you.....well unless your wife shoots you in the balls then life would really suck. :)

StoopTroup
9/2/2012, 11:48 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvFjoLfRNm8

allanace16
9/2/2012, 11:49 AM
Change #8 to something like #16 or so and that gets my vote. Don't want people to watch me suffer and I wanna go out with a smile on my face. And nothing makes me smile like the Sooners on top of college football once again.

cleller
9/2/2012, 01:17 PM
Had we lost last night, this poll might be a little more lively.

8timechamps
9/2/2012, 08:47 PM
If there was legal human taxidermy, I'd force my children to display me in their living rooms (not sure how they would split me between them, but those are just minor details).

BigTip
9/3/2012, 12:41 PM
To the original poster's question, go, because that's how you really feel, but tell the family your thoughts before you leave.

As for me, the most preferred way to go would be in bed, with my O face on.

http://www.nerve.com/CS/blogs/scanner/2008/06/08-15/o-face.jpg