9/1/2012, 09:36 AM
"It is not known at this time if Walker will return this season."

That does not sound minor.

SoonerinSouthlake
9/1/2012, 09:53 AM
wow.....are we going to be a team completely made up of 2nd And 3rd teamers

marfacowboy
9/1/2012, 10:12 AM
This is a nightmare that keeps getting worse.

Widescreen
9/1/2012, 10:19 AM
"It is not known at this time if Walker will return this season."

That does not sound minor.

That sounds like sensational journalism to me. I guess we'll see.

GameWarden
9/1/2012, 10:30 AM
Emig was on the Spirts animal yesterday. He said he was hearing that Walkers return date was unknown at the current time. He thought it might be an injury issue but that was pure speculation.

8timechamps
9/1/2012, 10:42 AM
Grissom not making the trip is the most concerning to me. He had become the starter at TE (because he had been an animal with his blocking). Now, we will play two inexperienced TEs.

-Now, I just want to win and get out of El Paso. I don't care if it's 7-3, as long as it's a win.

CatfishSooner
9/1/2012, 11:08 AM
F

zeke
9/1/2012, 12:23 PM
I can understand a guy or three goofing up and getting in trouble, Hell we all did stupid stuff. But with all thats gone with this team, at what point do they stop F**king up.
Injuries are unavoidable but this suspension BS is getting old. These guys need to cut the crap out. Maybe someone on the team steps up and gives an "It All Ends Now" speech.

ouwasp
9/1/2012, 12:29 PM
Gosh, I would assume the normal guys way outnumber the head-cases... but I remember my school days, the normal guys were sorta goofy as well.

Now we'll see what sort of player leadership the team has.

hawaii 5-0
9/1/2012, 12:54 PM
Use to be the team captains had a part in keeping the players in line. I know, that was a looooong time ago.

Now there's people getting paid to due that. Get Moose and Rocco in there if the others aren't cutting it.

5-0

JLEW1818
9/1/2012, 01:23 PM
Getting very close to the whorns level

cccasooner2
9/1/2012, 01:29 PM
Use to be the team captains had a part in keeping the players in line. I know, that was a looooong time ago.

Now there's people getting paid to due that. Get Moose and Rocco in there if the others aren't cutting it.

5-0

Geeze, tutors and advisors that don't do their jobs and now professional overseers that also can't earn their keep? WTF?

goingoneight
9/1/2012, 01:35 PM
Grissom will be back. We've had a number of guys miss the first game for violating team policies before. The list includes, but it not limited to--

Torrance Marshall (2000), Brandon Everage (2000), Chris Brown (2007), Ryan Broyles (2008), Kenny Stills (2011) and more.

As for Walker, this sounds like vintage Stoops keeping quiet about a serious injury. It was initially described as "will not travel with the first game addressing a health issue." Now, I'm hearing and reading it's possibly an injury. Sounds a lot like the Jermaine Gresham situation in 2009 when Stoops said "we're going to hold him out of this one just in case." According to sources, he was already scheduled for knee surgery and ruled out for the season a good three days before the BYU game. I hope Walker's okay; because by all accounts, he's been a good one on and off the field. I hate seeing injuries or situations that keep a senior off the field.

Soonermagik
9/1/2012, 01:46 PM
I don't what's going on down there, but this program is out of control. Too many guys are messing up. The last few years have been this way and I don't know what the solution is, but this can't continue. Injuries aren't something you can do anything about, but getting in trouble sure the heck is preventable.

ELP Sooner
9/1/2012, 02:09 PM
This is why its important the kids who arent deemed starters keep their heads up. You never know what will transpire during a season. All the 1's and 2's have ability...otherwise they wouldnt be at Oklahoma.

MamaMia
9/1/2012, 02:19 PM
So...just a dozen players out is all?

Grissom
Walker
Habern
Evans
McGee
Reynolds
Franks
Hayes
Jackson
Nelson
Lindley
Saunders

Am I missing anybody?

cccasooner2
9/1/2012, 02:33 PM
So...just a dozen players out is all?

Grissom
Walker
Habern
Evans
McGee
Reynolds
Franks
Hayes
Jackson
Nelson
Lindley
Saunders

Am I missing anybody?

Another McGee for one. A couple of names on your list I was unaware of Nelson and Lindley?

picasso
9/1/2012, 02:35 PM
Injuries happen. Kids get into trouble. Look at the WR at oSu, that dude has to be skating on thin thin ice.

MamaMia
9/1/2012, 05:16 PM
Another McGee for one. A couple of names on your list I was unaware of Nelson and Lindley?
Stacy McGee...Indefenately suspended. Who is the other McGee?

Chaz Nelson... sprained medial collateral ligament
P.L. Lindley... high ankle sprain.

Soonerjeepman
9/1/2012, 05:25 PM
i thought I read a few days ago Walker was out due to a personal issue...maybe I misread that.

cccasooner2
9/1/2012, 05:32 PM
Stacy McGee...Indefenately suspended. Who is the other McGee?

Chaz Nelson... sprained medial collateral ligament
P.L. Lindley... high ankle sprain.

The O-line guy (John M. ) that was homesick. Also saw that Torrea Peterson did not make the trip. It got real thin at DT quickly. :(

OUInformant
9/1/2012, 05:57 PM
There's nothing real new here, other than Grissom being out. He is only suspended for the opener. It just gives a young guy a chance to play at TE. This shouldn't matter too much against UTEP.

We knew both linemen were out a long time back (Evans and Habern) and the receivers were a lost cause in the Spring. Losing the linemen really sucked, but at least we could kind of prepare for their absence.

The big unknowns are Stacy McGee and Casey Walker. We knew both were likely to be out for this week though. We need to get Walker back for sure. As for McGee, I'm not sure what his issues are, but it would really nice to get him back this year.

The other guys are backups as far as I know, and should be available next week. We're still in decent shape, but we have a very tight margin for error now.

OUInformant
9/1/2012, 06:00 PM
Those players on the 2000 team were just tough. I think Stoops wants to get back to that. I don't recall Rocky Calmus, Brandon Everage, Dan Cody, or Tommie Harris crying about being homesick. Those guys were football players.

MamaMia
9/1/2012, 06:33 PM
The O-line guy (John M. ) that was homesick. Also saw that Torrea Peterson did not make the trip. It got real thin at DT quickly. :(Oh yeah, thats right...he's the guy who wanted his mommy.

goingoneight
9/1/2012, 08:28 PM
Roy Williams was said to be a crybaby mama's boy the first two years. Gotta work it out of them. Remember that these guys have never been away from mom and dad. They don't always take easily to screaming and cussing coaches along with grown up responsibilities right away.