PDA

View Full Version : Go ahead, make my night

TitoMorelli
8/30/2012, 05:06 PM
Lots of rumors out there that Clint Eastwood will be a surprise speaker tonight at the RNC.

pphilfran
8/30/2012, 05:15 PM
I am betting on The Nuge...

LiveLaughLove
8/30/2012, 07:17 PM
Breitbart is saying its confirmed, Eastwood.

I'm sort of meh about it.

Skysooner
8/30/2012, 09:19 PM
Everybody complains when the left trots out a leftie spewing celeb who doesn't know s*** about what they are talking about. Why should we care about a rightie spewing celeb who doesn't know s*** about what they are talking about. None of these actors who are famous know anything about how the real world is.

TitoMorelli
8/30/2012, 09:27 PM
Well nobody expected you to be in favor of it, Sky.

But I think someone like Eastwood, who doesn't automatically go with the Hollywood flow, who apparently doesn't immediately vote one party or the other, who usually keeps his politics to himself instead of posting non-stop tweets to a bunch of worshipers (as so many of your like-thinking celebrity brethren do), and who has served in public office and owned businesses, might know a just a little bit more about the real world than you're willing to admit.

diverdog
8/30/2012, 09:32 PM

But I think someone like Eastwood, who doesn't automatically go with the Hollywood flow, who apparently doesn't immediately vote one party or the other, who usually keeps his politics to himself instead of posting non-stop tweets to a bunch of worshipers (as so many of your like-thinking celebrity brethren do), and who has served in public office and owned businesses, might know a just a little bit more about the real world than you're willing to admit.

I agree. Although I doubt he appeals to the Christian Conservatives.

Funny thing is that I really like most of the righty actors like Selleck, Heston, Reagan, Norris, Russell, and Borgnine.

Blue
8/30/2012, 09:34 PM
Funny thing is that I really like most of the righty actors like Selleck, Heston, Reagan, Norris, Russell, and Borgnine.

That is hilarious. Tell us more.

diverdog
8/30/2012, 09:35 PM
That is hilarious.

Why?

Skysooner
8/30/2012, 09:37 PM

Good point. I don't really tweet about this stuff, but I agree that many do (on both sides). I was talking with my 'Pub neighbor who is a business owner tonight, and we agree on most things. Mostly I vote against Pols that get in my way. I'm voting Romney simply because I like his energy stance. If he tries the right wing agenda (which I don't expect), I'll vote against him in 2016.

Blue
8/30/2012, 09:37 PM
Why?

You said, "Funny thing is...", I was just agreeing.

TheHumanAlphabet
8/31/2012, 01:24 AM
Everybody complains when the left trots out a leftie spewing celeb who doesn't know s*** about what they are talking about. Why should we care about a rightie spewing celeb who doesn't know s*** about what they are talking about. None of these actors who are famous know anything about how the real world is.
At least Clint was a mayor, ran a campaign and worked with a fiscal budget. More so than the douchbags in H-wood like S.Jackson, Burnstein, Weinstein bros., Pitt, Jolie, ad nauseum.

cleller
8/31/2012, 08:02 AM
The most important think about Clint Eastwood is that he is Clint Eastwood.

TitoMorelli
8/31/2012, 09:51 AM
Good point. I don't really tweet about this stuff, but I agree that many do (on both sides). I was talking with my 'Pub neighbor who is a business owner tonight, and we agree on most things. Mostly I vote against Pols that get in my way. I'm voting Romney simply because I like his energy stance. If he tries the right wing agenda (which I don't expect), I'll vote against him in 2016.

After watching Clint's "empty chair" attempt at humor last night I'm less impressed.

And you're right, it's a shame that any voter would decide whom to support based on what a Hollywood actor says, regardless of whether the actor is conservative or liberal.

diverdog
8/31/2012, 09:55 AM
After watching Clint's "empty chair" attempt at humor last night I'm less impressed.

And you're right, it's a shame that any voter would decide whom to support based on what a Hollywood actor says, regardless of whether the actor is conservative or liberal.

I think he hurt Romney because the press is talking about Clint instead of Mitt. Clint should have done another Reagan style speech like he did in the chrystler commercial.

okie52
8/31/2012, 09:58 AM
As much as I like Clint he seemed old and frail last night. But he is also 82 years old. I'm sure his presence energized some people and it was good to see him endorsing Romney but I think the Clint of 10 years ago would have done a much better job.

diverdog
8/31/2012, 10:02 AM
As much as I like Clint he seemed old and frail last night. But he is also 82 years old. I'm sure his presence energized some people and it was good to see him endorsing Romney but I think the Clint of 10 years ago would have done a much better job.

He would still kick my ***. My 80 year old dad is built just like him.

C&CDean
8/31/2012, 10:07 AM
If anyone out there is still going "hmmmmm, who should I vote for?" then we are seriously ****ed.

rock on sooner
8/31/2012, 10:07 AM

Yup, far cry from Rowdy Yates...

rock on sooner
8/31/2012, 10:10 AM
Watching CNN this morning...almost no talk about Romney..lots about
Clint...

badger
8/31/2012, 10:12 AM
Clint...

For all the wrong reasons, I heard. Talking to an empty chair? Oh boy, if they were going for a surprise...

rock on sooner
8/31/2012, 10:12 AM
If anyone out there is still going "hmmmmm, who should I vote for?" then we are seriously ****ed.

I heard a report a few days ago that only about 6% of voters are
still undecided, so there'll prolly be a half a million bucks spent on
each of those voters in the next 60 days....

olevetonahill
8/31/2012, 10:14 AM
:applause:

diverdog
8/31/2012, 10:29 AM

I read somewhere that 20 or so counties will decide the election. The rest of us are being taken for granted.

Soonerjeepman
8/31/2012, 10:39 AM

funny you say that...I know you're pretty centered...BUT on the news here in kc this morning the 2 guys who do movie reviews were asked by the news anchor about Clint's "performance" the one black dude said .."he just needs to stay out of politics and focus on acting" funny...none of the libs seem to care about sean penn or ..ugh can't think of his name (capital one commercials)...that are always spewing their politics, that is hypercritical as well.

just saying

at least Charlton Heston and Norris support what they say (NRA)

Soonerjeepman
8/31/2012, 10:40 AM

sweet...wonder if I can claim I'm undecided and get some of that cash!

Soonerjeepman
8/31/2012, 10:43 AM
Clint...

you expected different from them?

badger
8/31/2012, 10:52 AM

Even if people think they're decided, they could still change their minds.

I've decided to vote for Romney/Ryan. But, if they majorly eff up in the debates, or Obama/Biden outline a really good plan for improving infrastructure, lowering unemployment and ending the student-loans-pay-for-college-to-continue-raising-tuition-forever racket, then I'll consider that ticket.

Skysooner
8/31/2012, 11:42 AM
funny you say that...I know you're pretty centered...BUT on the news here in kc this morning the 2 guys who do movie reviews were asked by the news anchor about Clint's "performance" the one black dude said .."he just needs to stay out of politics and focus on acting" funny...none of the libs seem to care about sean penn or ..ugh can't think of his name (capital one commercials)...that are always spewing their politics, that is hypercritical as well.

just saying

at least Charlton Heston and Norris support what they say (NRA)

I don't seem to care about Sean Penn is right. I ignore all of those guys. Heston hasn't been an actor in forever, so he is qualified to speak about the NRA, etc. Sure Clint was a mayor of a city in California. He could have been governor of California, and I wouldn't care. I guess I'm saying that trotting out celebrities or virtually anyone to influence the vote says more about what they think of the American people and their gullibility than anything else. I'm talking Rs and Ds.

olevetonahill
8/31/2012, 11:50 AM
I don't seem to care about Sean Penn is right. I ignore all of those guys. Heston hasn't been an actor in forever, so he is qualified to speak about the NRA, etc. Sure Clint was a mayor of a city in California. He could have been governor of California, and I wouldn't care. I guess I'm saying that trotting out celebrities or virtually anyone to influence the vote says more about what they think of the American people and their gullibility than anything else. I'm talking Rs and Ds.

Heston Died , Try to keep up

Soonerjeepman
8/31/2012, 12:04 PM
oops...Hill...ok he DID support NRA! I agree with ya Sky, most celeb don't know jack...they pretend to be someone else for a career! much like politicians! ;-)

cleller
8/31/2012, 12:08 PM
I think he hurt Romney because the press is talking about Clint instead of Mitt. Clint should have done another Reagan style speech like he did in the chrystler commercial.

Glad they are talking about Clint. To not vote with Clint should make Americans feel like quiche eaters.

rock on sooner
8/31/2012, 12:29 PM

Yup, April 5, 2008...

rock on sooner
8/31/2012, 12:32 PM
sweet...wonder if I can claim I'm undecided and get some of that cash!

You betcha, just keep your tv on and you'll get your share....

rock on sooner
8/31/2012, 12:40 PM
Even if people think they're decided, they could still change their minds.

I've decided to vote for Romney/Ryan. But, if they majorly eff up in the debates, or Obama/Biden outline a really good plan for improving infrastructure, lowering unemployment and ending the student-loans-pay-for-college-to-continue-raising-tuition-forever racket, then I'll consider that ticket.

I've gotten five different robo call surveys asking me if I'm definitely
going to vote and my choice, so the effort is there to identify those
still undecided. Badg, you are distinctly in the minority of those supporting
R/R. I think if you watch the presidential debates, good chance that
you'll see Romney's deer-in-the-headlights look, especially in foreign
policy, Medicare and tax returns. You might change your support, then
maybe not....

diverdog
8/31/2012, 12:40 PM
Politically Heston was a very heavy hitter. I though Michael Moore made an *** of himself on the way he treated Heston. By all accounts he was a gentlemans gentleman.

rock on sooner
8/31/2012, 12:47 PM
Politically Heston was a very heavy hitter. I though Michael Moore made an *** of himself on the way he treated Heston. By all accounts he was a gentlemans gentleman.

His "outa my cold dead hands" quote made quite an impact. Moore is/was kinda
the left's Rush Limbaugh, although Moore did do more research....

TitoMorelli
8/31/2012, 12:54 PM

Good post. Unfortunately, in far too many cases they're right about the "celebrity-gullibility" factor.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
8/31/2012, 12:54 PM
As much as I like Clint he seemed old and frail last night. But he is also 82 years old. I'm sure his presence energized some people and it was good to see him endorsing Romney but I think the Clint of 10 years ago would have done a much better job.Of course, but I applaud anyone, even a seasoned actor, who's willing to give a public speech at 82.

8/31/2012, 01:02 PM
maybe not....She ain't stupid. (I believe)She likes to play undecided, just to see/hear you guys spew your Cra* again, as if you really believe it.

rock on sooner
8/31/2012, 01:08 PM
She ain't stupid. (I believe)She likes to play undecided, just to see/hear you guys spew your Cra* again, as if you really believe it.

Well, at least SHE gives the appearance of an open, intelligent mind.

mojorisen2014
8/31/2012, 01:19 PM
We are screwed in a major way if obama gets another 4 years. I would rather have a manager at mcdonalds run the country than that azz hat again.

Soonerjeepman
8/31/2012, 01:21 PM
really Rock? I love how someone is not labeled as an "open, intelligent mind: if we our convictions differ from others. I suppose because I believe obama hasn't done a good job, has a different vision of what the United States of America should look like (along with a ton of political dems) than me..I'm the same, which I'm proud of!

8/31/2012, 01:39 PM
We are screwed in a major way if obama gets another 4 years. I would rather have a manager at mcdonalds run the country than that azz hat again.It's not very complicated, is it? Orange Juice Can/Obama

TitoMorelli
8/31/2012, 01:39 PM
maybe not....

Why do left-wingers always assume that their candidate is so intellectually superior that he'll mop up the floor with his debate opponent? (...and then insist - when their guy doesn't get the "bounce" they expected - that the public either wasn't paying attention or is just too ignorant to realize how intellectually and morally superior their candidate was?)

8/31/2012, 01:43 PM
Why do left-wingers always assume that their candidate is so intellectually superior that he'll mop up the floor with his debate opponent? (...and then insist - when their guy doesn't get the "bounce" they expected - that the public either wasn't paying attention or was just too ignorant to realize how intellectually and morally superior their candidate is?)They believe it's stupid to be conservative, OR simply republican, even if you're a problematical RINO.(I tend to agree RINO's aren't showing good sense) Conservatism to the Left is stupid...or at best, crazy.

hawaii 5-0
8/31/2012, 01:44 PM
I thought Clint Eastwood's Grandpa Simpson impersonation was spot on. He even had his hair all ruffled up into a little cone like a pinhead.

It seemed like the presentation didn't fit in tho. Seemed the Repubs were kinda trying to be serious, even if I had to search for anything close to the truth in any of their speeches. The effectiveness of the delivery at least had the crowd going. Then they trot out crusty Clint for comedic relief and it just seemed out of place. By the look of a lot of attendees in the crowd they seemed perplexed as well. I guess they don't watch The Simpsons on Fox.

5-0

8timechamps
8/31/2012, 01:47 PM
I watched the speech, and I didn't walk away thinking "Wow, what the hell was that?!". Now, the media would like to focus on crazy Clint and talking to an empty chair (and they've done a good job of it), but I guarantee you if it was the DNC, and Sean Penn (or any one of the thousands of democratic actors) had done the same, the media would have labeled it as "a genius performance!".

I wasn't overly moved by Clint's speech, but the dude is an actor, not a politician.

I really hate the media bias. You really can't get an unbiased view from the media, most are liberal leaning (some more than others), and then there's Fox. Fox, in my opinion is just as bad as all the others, they just lean to the far right.

All in all, I thought the GOP did a good job advertising their party this week. I'll watch the DNC, and I'm expecting more of the same. However, I doubt the DNC gets the critical media response the RNC received.

rock on sooner
8/31/2012, 02:19 PM
Well, 8x,ima guessin that Rush, Beck, Coulter, Hannity and the rest of
Fox News, along with the WSJ are warmin up for next Tuesday...

badger
8/31/2012, 02:21 PM
She ain't stupid. (I believe)She likes to play undecided, just to see/hear you guys spew your Cra* again, as if you really believe it.

Of course I'm not stupid. I was educated at the University of Oklahoma. I know all two words to our fight song! Sooner Boomer! :P

You should know that I am a Tulsa resident and as such, my vote really won't matter because we are going to be turning an even deeper shade of red statewide than 2008 come November. We voted for Hillary in 2008, we nearly sent a minor candidate to the DNC this year that was running graphic abortion ads, and so all in all, I think it's safe to say that even Oklahoma Democrats aren't Obama supporters. Why? Depends on who you ask, but I recall a friend Democrat complaining about Obama's budget and exclaiming "Sometimes, I think he's acting like a Republican." Oh man I would have loved to seen some of your reactions to that.

But, even if my vote doesn't matter, I'm open to voting for my third Democrat in my lifetime if there's a good reason to.

Democrat 1: Nancy Riley for state Senate. She was a Republican till re-registering and did a good job representing the district till then.

Democrat 2: Jari Askins for governor. Though both candidates were cordial and had immense political experience, Jari clearly had the upper hand in professional background and seemed more open to compromise, which I think is something that is sorely needed in politics these "Occupy" and "Tea Party" days.

Who will Democrat 3 be? There may not be one. But, I'm open to it, and not just to see how SF.com posters react after I type that :D

Love ya Rush, but I enjoy talking football with you more than politics. Hell, I enjoy talking football with EVERYone more than politics. Is it football season yet????? No, last night did NOT count.

badger
8/31/2012, 02:23 PM
Why do left-wingers always assume that their candidate is so intellectually superior that he'll mop up the floor with his debate opponent? (...and then insist - when their guy doesn't get the "bounce" they expected - that the public either wasn't paying attention or is just too ignorant to realize how intellectually and morally superior their candidate was?)

Debates are way too staged to have any real shock and awe anymore. I mean, everyone in the media (and probably the audiences too) was just giddy with glee anticipating a Sarah Palin slip-up or Joe Biden gaffe in 2008. Didn't happen.

rock on sooner
8/31/2012, 02:24 PM

I don't assume any such thing. I reflect back on Romney's visit to London
and his statement about Russia being our biggest foreign policy challenge,
his statement about how he'd handle Iran as examples of his lacking in
foreign policy expertise. (His veep running mate is a policy wonk and Romney
just nods and goes along) As for bounces, I haven't seen anything yet about
the just concluded convention so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

rock on sooner
8/31/2012, 02:28 PM
Of course I'm not stupid. I was educated at the University of Oklahoma. I know all two words to our fight song! Sooner Boomer! :P

You should know that I am a Tulsa resident and as such, my vote really won't matter because we are going to be turning an even deeper shade of red statewide than 2008 come November. We voted for Hillary in 2008, we nearly sent a minor candidate to the DNC this year that was running graphic abortion ads, and so all in all, I think it's safe to say that even Oklahoma Democrats aren't Obama supporters. Why? Depends on who you ask, but I recall a friend Democrat complaining about Obama's budget and exclaiming "Sometimes, I think he's acting like a Republican." Oh man I would have loved to seen some of your reactions to that.

But, even if my vote doesn't matter, I'm open to voting for my third Democrat in my lifetime if there's a good reason to.

Democrat 1: Nancy Riley for state Senate. She was a Republican till re-registering and did a good job representing the district till then.

Democrat 2: Jari Askins for governor. Though both candidates were cordial and had immense political experience, Jari clearly had the upper hand in professional background and seemed more open to compromise, which I think is something that is sorely needed in politics these "Occupy" and "Tea Party" days.

Who will Democrat 3 be? There may not be one. But, I'm open to it, and not just to see how SF.com posters react after I type that :D

Love ya Rush, but I enjoy talking football with you more than politics. Hell, I enjoy talking football with EVERYone more than politics. Is it football season yet????? No, last night did NOT count.

You've covered the point about how red OK is and will be before. I
understand and appreciate that. I don't know about your local
Dems so I can't comment. I enjoy football more than politics, too,
but until OU kicks off it ain't football season, well, maybe Bama
and Meatchicken count...

rock on sooner
8/31/2012, 02:35 PM
They believe it's stupid to be conservative, OR simply republican, even if you're a problematical RINO.(I tend to agree RINO's aren't showing good sense) Conservatism to the Left is stupid...or at best, crazy.

Conservatism is NOT stupid, nor is it crazy, except when it goes so
far to the right (so is the extreme left). An example is the fact that
the Tea Party folks absolutely refuse to find common ground. Another
is stating the ONLY thing we want is to make Obama a one term president
and screw up the country to accomplish that. Those are things that ARE
stupid and crazy! IMO...

rock on sooner
8/31/2012, 02:39 PM
really Rock? I love how someone is not labeled as an "open, intelligent mind: if we our convictions differ from others. I suppose because I believe obama hasn't done a good job, has a different vision of what the United States of America should look like (along with a ton of political dems) than me..I'm the same, which I'm proud of!

Only problem is that few of the righties on here state their beliefs
rationally, like you just did.

There, I think I answered all of you...:biggrin:

8/31/2012, 03:27 PM
...everyone in the media (and probably the audiences too) was just giddy with glee anticipating a Sarah Palin slip-up or Joe Biden gaffe in 2008. Didn't happen.The MSM and really almost all media didn't know squat about Palin at the republican convention in '08, except that she was gov. of Alaska. Her great speech rocked the house at that convention, garnering a lot more support for McCain than he otherwise would have gotten, and it put her squarely in the middle of the MSM Target for Destruction.

Midtowner
8/31/2012, 03:28 PM
http://www.kulturekritic.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/31/Eastwood-300x225.jpg

The election in a nutshell--crazy old white guy arguing with an imaginary Barack Obama -- Jamelle Bouie

8/31/2012, 03:29 PM
Conservatism is NOT stupid, nor is it crazy, except when it goes so
far to the right (so is the extreme left). An example is the fact that
the Tea Party folks absolutely refuse to find common ground. Another
is stating the ONLY thing we want is to make Obama a one term president
and screw up the country to accomplish that. Those are things that ARE
stupid and crazy! IMO...You didn't HAVE to prove my point., again.

LiveLaughLove
8/31/2012, 03:41 PM
http://www.kulturekritic.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/31/Eastwood-300x225.jpg

The election in a nutshell--crazy old white guy arguing with an imaginary Barack Obama -- Jamelle Bouie

Don't know who Jamelle Bouie is, but I'm guessing he/she would just like to have an ounce of the talent that crazy old white guy has, or accomplish just 1/100th of that crazy old white guy.

Clint did mention a crazy old white guy. He said something about that crazy old white guy being the intellectual of the dem party. A smile in front of a body, I believe.

As for an imaginary Barack, hasn't he always been just that? The reality of he really is has never been in play with him. Until now.

SicEmBaylor
8/31/2012, 03:47 PM
I thought it was horrible. I'm sure it played well with some, but not with me.

Having said that, I did chuckle a little a couple of times.

Midtowner
8/31/2012, 03:50 PM
Don't know who Jamelle Bouie is, but I'm guessing he/she would just like to have an ounce of the talent that crazy old white guy has, or accomplish just 1/100th of that crazy old white guy.

Not at this age. Watching this performance was almost uncomfortable. Eastwood appeared not to be well and appeared mentally flustered. Also, some of the humor was borderline racist. Kind of par for the course for your crazy uncle at Thanksgiving, but probably not for a political convention.

As for an imaginary Barack, hasn't he always been just that? The reality of he really is has never been in play with him. Until now.

The observation on Bouie's part was pretty astute... Obama 2016, the birthers, etc. are all afraid of some imaginary President.

LiveLaughLove
8/31/2012, 03:56 PM
Not at this age. Watching this performance was almost uncomfortable. Eastwood appeared not to be well and appeared mentally flustered. Also, some of the humor was borderline racist. Kind of par for the course for your crazy uncle at Thanksgiving, but probably not for a political convention.

The observation on Bouie's part was pretty astute... Obama 2016, the birthers, etc. are all afraid of some imaginary President.

We're not afraid of him any longer. 2010 neutered him. 2012 will finish him off. He's done. He's just in his pathetic political death throes now, lashing out at everyone including his own followers. A narcissist can't handle the fact that people are rejecting them. They get nasty.

olevetonahill
8/31/2012, 04:16 PM

I represent that remark!

Midtowner
8/31/2012, 04:18 PM
We're not afraid of him any longer. 2010 neutered him. 2012 will finish him off. He's done. He's just in his pathetic political death throes now, lashing out at everyone including his own followers. A narcissist can't handle the fact that people are rejecting them. They get nasty.

^A white guy arguing against an imaginary Barack Obama.

SanJoaquinSooner
8/31/2012, 04:21 PM
Go ahead, make my bed.

BigTip
8/31/2012, 04:33 PM

Those 6% will decide the election. So whatever they spend, and are successful, then it will be worth it.

LiveLaughLove
8/31/2012, 05:01 PM

I'm just tired of arguing the reasons we dislike the guy. It doesn't matter any longer either. He's irrelevant.

He's now reduced to following Romney around. He's the lamest of ducks.

Oh and I'm Chickasaw, not completely white.

8/31/2012, 05:10 PM
We are screwed in a major way if obama gets another 4 years. I would rather have a table busser at mcdonalds run the country than that azz hat again. FIFY

rock on sooner
8/31/2012, 06:51 PM
You didn't HAVE to prove my point., again.

Aint sure bout yer point. Hep me here:distracted:

8/31/2012, 08:05 PM
Aint sure bout yer point. Hep me here:distracted:You might read what you said again, and maybe it'll sink in.

rock on sooner
8/31/2012, 09:07 PM
I represent that remark!

Vet, you aint sposed to say that chit, ima all alone here. RLIMC is
pickin on me n my beer is mt....

rock on sooner
8/31/2012, 09:08 PM
You might read what you said again, and maybe it'll sink in.

I did, wtf er you talkin bout?

nighttrain12
8/31/2012, 09:57 PM

Yep, they even tried to pull his rifle from his cold dead hands and still couldn't do it!

AlboSooner
8/31/2012, 10:12 PM
I have never liked actors, athletes, singers and so on using their fame to advance a political cause. It is disingenuous to earn fame for being a hypocrite (actor) and using that to lecture me on Obama or Romney.

hawaii 5-0
8/31/2012, 10:26 PM
I have never liked actors, athletes, singers and so on using their fame to advance a political cause. It is disingenuous to earn fame for being a hypocrite (actor) and using that to lecture me on Obama or Romney.

Does go for Ronald Reagan who was a grade B movie actor?

5-0

soonercruiser
8/31/2012, 10:40 PM

Meh!
I was kinda looking for a Chinese guy like David Carrodine pretending to be a dry cleaning clerk talking to an "empty suit" on a rack!
:eagerness:

TheHumanAlphabet
9/1/2012, 01:53 AM
Does go for Ronald Reagan who was a grade B movie actor?

5-0
No because he ran a state before elected prez.

olevetonahill
9/1/2012, 02:33 AM
Vet, you aint sposed to say that chit, ima all alone here. RLIMC is
pickin on me n my beer is mt....

You aint entirely alone. While I generally agree with RLiMC and Cruiser There are times even I shake my ****in head at em

Much like I dont read all the long winded BS the Far lefties post I dont read their stuff either :positive:

diverdog
9/1/2012, 08:45 AM
You aint entirely alone. While I generally agree with RLiMC and Cruiser There are times even I shake my ****in head at em

Much like I dont read all the long winded BS the Far lefties post I dont read their stuff either :positive:

There is hope for you yet. How is the meade production going?

olevetonahill
9/1/2012, 08:48 AM
There is hope for you yet. How is the meade production going?

Aint gonna get any Honey this year

diverdog
9/1/2012, 08:51 AM
Aint gonna get any Honey this year

Ya got liberal bees. Either they are form'n a union or they don't want to work. Show'em the door. Oklahoma is a right to work state. Go all Reagan on their lazy asses. :)

olevetonahill
9/1/2012, 09:19 AM
Ya got liberal bees. Either they are form'n a union or they don't want to work. Show'em the door. Oklahoma is a right to work state. Go all Reagan on their lazy asses. :)

They dont get off theylazy asses and get busy Ima show em sompun

http://www.bugspray.com/pictures/products/wbhk.jpg

Wishboned
9/1/2012, 11:04 AM
I love Clint. But watching that kind of made me sad. It seems he forgot one of his greatest bits of wisdom. "A man's got to know his limitations."

I heard a rumor his teleprompter failed. And we all know how some people can't function without a teleprompter.

olevetonahill
9/1/2012, 11:16 AM
I love Clint. But watching that kind of made me sad. It seems he forgot one of his greatest bits of wisdom. "A man's got to know his limitations."

I heard a rumor his teleprompter failed. And we all know how some people can't function without a teleprompter.

82 years old and hes still Going? Im ok with that

rock on sooner
9/1/2012, 11:53 AM
82 years old and hes still Going? Im ok with that

Jus not sure which direction hes headed...:biggrin:

olevetonahill
9/1/2012, 12:12 PM
Jus not sure which direction hes headed...:biggrin:

At 82 he can go anywhere he ****in wants :very_drunk:

hawaii 5-0
9/1/2012, 12:16 PM
I felt sorry for the guy.

He was stumbling and mumbling. I heard he refused to have a rehersal so no one knew what he had planned. A lot of people thought, "WTF is he doing up there?"

The sad thing is that they put him on right before that Cuban guy's speech to run for President in 2016.

5-0

SanJoaquinSooner
9/1/2012, 12:25 PM
I don't hold it against Clint for the too-funny-debacle.

I think it may come down to the debates. Are they having debates btwn Obama and Romney?

hawaii 5-0
9/1/2012, 12:57 PM
I don't hold it against Clint for the too-funny-debacle.

I think it may come down to the debates. Are they having debates btwn Obama and Romney?

Yes they are.

Romney .........."We're gonna bring Hope and Change back to America !!!"

Obama ..........."Hey !! That's my line !!!"

5-0

LiveLaughLove
9/1/2012, 01:03 PM
Yes they are.

Romney .........."We're gonna bring Hope and Change back to America !!!"

Obama ..........."Hey !! That's my line !!!"

5-0

Yep, it was his line. Just not his reality.

Well, that's not completely fair. He has tried very hard to change America in to a third world country.

hawaii 5-0
9/1/2012, 01:12 PM
He also met a little more than simple resistance.

Some were very determined to make every policy of Obama's fail.

5-0

Skysooner
9/1/2012, 01:16 PM
Yep, it was his line. Just not his reality.

Well, that's not completely fair. He has tried very hard to bring America back from the bring of being a third world country due to Bush's policies.

FIFY

LiveLaughLove
9/1/2012, 01:36 PM

5-0

Yes because we know the dems work diligently with republican presidents and never play politics for their own gain. right.

9/1/2012, 01:37 PM
Jus not sure which direction hes headed...:biggrin:Gosh, you're funny!

LiveLaughLove
9/1/2012, 01:42 PM
FIFY

I've always found the FIFY thing to be fairly arrogant. I think I know what I wanted to post.

If you have something to post of your own. Make it your own. You don't need to use my words and try to twist them as if I said it.

What I said was what I meant. Obama has tried to bring us down to third world status. He doesn't believe we are an exceptional country, just a country. You like him, try and keep him.

I completely disagreed with Bush' spending, but thank God he was president when 911 happened and not the Goracle. And I'd rather have him any day and twice on Sundays over Obama.

Obama's best days are on the golf course. He can't hurt us out there anyway. Too much.

Now you can reply with your words.

sappstuf
9/1/2012, 01:43 PM

5-0

He had no resistance the first 2 years of his presidency.. The last two years have been a result of Obama doing what he wanted. How is that working out for everyone?

The historic landslide takeover of the House by the Repubs was the American public's effort to ensure Obama had resistance.

olevetonahill
9/1/2012, 01:44 PM

He was stumbling and mumbling. I heard he refused to have a rehersal so no one knew what he had planned. A lot of people thought, "WTF is he doing up there?"

5-0

Hey 5-0 I agree the dude does sound dumb as hell . you are right on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVMhz0tSllo

9/1/2012, 01:44 PM
"Well, that's not completely fair. He(Obama) has tried very hard to bring America back from the bring of being a third world country due to Bush's policies".-Skysooner

If you REALLY believe that, you're in the Twilight Zone, more than the Sky.(yes, that included whether you meant brink instead of bring)

sappstuf
9/1/2012, 01:48 PM

The sad thing is that they put him on right before that Cuban guy's speech to run for President in 2016.

5-0

You don't say.

DxYaLLfPmc0

rock on sooner
9/1/2012, 02:02 PM
At 82 he can go anywhere he ****in wants :very_drunk:

More'n likely he don know er care...

Skysooner
9/1/2012, 02:12 PM
"Well, that's not completely fair. He(Obama) has tried very hard to bring America back from the bring of being a third world country due to Bush's policies".-Skysooner

If you REALLY believe that, you're in the Twilight Zone, more than the Sky.(yes, that included whether you meant brink instead of bring)

Yes, brink. LLL that was just to say chill it a bit. You are on this socialist rightwing kool-aid you all drink right now. Try dealing with an economy that was in that much of a mess and see how you come out 4 years later. It is arrogant to blame it all on him and call it his economy. This is a problem that goes back to the 1950s in many ways. Too many administrations and too much ridiculous rhetoric. FIFY is a time-honored tradition at SF. Yes, it is maybe arrogant, but you are one of the first I have seen really blow up about it.

A couple of your points about Romney winning in November where just plain wrong. Check your facts, stop posting so angrily and maybe we can talk. I spent 20 minutes on my own rechecking at least two of your points which I will not make the mistake of doing again since you are just obviously spouting talking points sent to you via e-mail.

RLIMC-So are you saying that the HUGE economic downturn didn't occur during Bush's watch? I guess you believe Ryan when he lied about the timing of the closing of the GM plant in Wyoming.

rock on sooner
9/1/2012, 02:17 PM
Gosh, you're funny!

Thanks, you're very kind.

soonercruiser
9/1/2012, 06:19 PM

5-0

The idiot had both Houses of Congress for the first two years!
What does the country have to show for it??
Obamacare? Cuts in Medicare...higher premiums.....higher costs.....fewer doctors taking us old timers?
Obama doesn't give one dang big sh** about the economy and deficit....as that is part of his plan to rebuild the country in "The Dreams of My Father".
READ THE DANG BOOK!

soonercruiser
9/1/2012, 06:29 PM

5-0

You talking about Obama's notorious "Head Winds" 5-0????

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn212/SoonerCruiser_photos/Political/Obamaheadwinds.jpg

Skysooner
9/1/2012, 11:33 PM
The idiot had both Houses of Congress for the first two years!
What does the country have to show for it??
Obamacare? Cuts in Medicare...higher premiums.....higher costs.....fewer doctors taking us old timers?
Obama doesn't give one dang big sh** about the economy and deficit....as that is part of his plan to rebuild the country in "The Dreams of My Father".
READ THE DANG BOOK!

It is called a minority filibuster. Read it. Learn it.

rock on sooner
9/2/2012, 12:43 PM
It is called a minority filibuster. Read it. Learn it.

Yup, and they started Jan 21, 2009...

9/2/2012, 12:59 PM
Yes, brink. LLL that was just to say chill it a bit. You are on this socialist rightwing kool-aid you all drink right now. Try dealing with an economy that was in that much of a mess and see how you come out 4 years later. It is arrogant to blame it all on him and call it his economy. This is a problem that goes back to the 1950s in many ways. Too many administrations and too much ridiculous rhetoric. FIFY is a time-honored tradition at SF. Yes, it is maybe arrogant, but you are one of the first I have seen really blow up about it.(because saying the USA WAS a third world country is way beyond laughable, Sky...it's absurd)

A couple of your points about Romney winning in November where just plain wrong. Check your facts, stop posting so angrily and maybe we can talk. I spent 20 minutes on my own rechecking at least two of your points which I will not make the mistake of doing again since you are just obviously spouting talking points sent to you via e-mail.

RLIMC-So are you saying that the HUGE economic downturn didn't occur during Bush's watch? I guess you believe Ryan when he lied about the timing of the closing of the GM plant in Wyoming.You know as well as the next person what brought the economy down. I know you and the other socialists don't like to be called names, since you believe you're correct about the goodness of the nannystate, and that capitalists and pro American ideals are foolish and outdated. I get that. Just THINK about what is REALLY happening with the federal govt., and it's not at all good.

TitoMorelli
9/2/2012, 01:34 PM
Yup, and they started Jan 21, 2009...

The Democrats got their stimulus packages in '09, and in early 2010 they got their health care reform package. They got Cash for Clunkers. Too many Democrats were smart enough not to back cap and trade, among other thoughtless measures pushed by the Pelosi Congress.

The stimulus turned out to be a waste of taxpayer money (unless, of course, you happened to be one of the well-heeled Obama supporters who got a "kickback"), and served to hamper, not spur, economic recovery. C for C hurt those with limited incomes by taking vehicles out of circulation and effectively raising the prices of what decent used cars remained. ObamaCare, passed despite dismal public support (and despite the unbelievable admission that the legislators who pushed it through didn't even know what the bill entailed), has led many businesses to put off expansion and hiring, or only to seek manpower through temps in order to avoid the costs and burdens imposed.

Seems to me we're pretty darned lucky that the minority party actually had the cajones once in a while to fight back.

Skysooner
9/2/2012, 01:55 PM
You know as well as the next person what brought the economy down. I know you and the other socialists don't like to be called names, since you believe you're correct about the goodness of the nannystate, and that capitalists and pro American ideals are foolish and outdated. I get that. Just THINK about what is REALLY happening with the federal govt., and it's not at all good.

You throw out that word socialists and don't even know what it f****** means. I'm a fiscal conservative if you haven't bothered to read my posts. I don't like entitlement spending. I don't like overspending on defense. All the right has been able to do the last four years is throw out that socialist label when we live in a mostly capitalist but a bit socialist country (see social security, medicare, public education, public roads, etc.). I know what is happening with the government and what ticks me off is the party that has control of Congress is spending their time passing bs that doesn't matter. No, I don't want Democrats back in charge of Congress, but I want some level-headed people willing to work with the other party which isn't happening right now. This is both sides of the aisle. I have no idea if Romney wins whether he will start to do the work which needs to be done instead of focusing on social issues like gay marriage, abortion, etc. If he gets elected, it is to fix the economy and not to pass all of that other stuff.

This train wreck has been coming for years. Don't go off and say it is Dems or Pubs since it was both parties that did this.

soonercruiser
9/3/2012, 11:11 PM
Fiscal conservatives aren't in favor of bailing out a businees like GM, in favor of a real financial reallignment with bankruptcy.
Then, give half the company back to the labor unions.
Duh!

Skysooner
9/3/2012, 11:24 PM
Fiscal conservatives aren't in favor of bailing out a businees like GM, in favor of a real financial reallignment with bankruptcy.
Then, give half the company back to the labor unions.
Duh!

Hmm, yet it was Reagan that bailed out Chrysler and set the stage for the S&L takeover by the government in the early 1990s. That is Reagan and Bush. Who the eff is the socialist now.

I think it is laughable that you who posts so positive statements has no clue how the world really works.