PDA

View Full Version : OU-FloridaA&M (Sept. 8th) will be on PPV-TV

nighttrain12
8/30/2012, 02:41 PM
http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/083012aab.html

For me that means listening to Toby Rowland and Merv Johnson on the radio!

blacktop
8/30/2012, 02:54 PM
Living in Georgia this definitely sux. I subscribe to Fox SW on DIRECTV but they must not have picked it up. I wonder if the replay will be on later in the week????? Are there any webcasts that y'all know about besides $40?

olevetonahill
8/30/2012, 03:18 PM
Ima do what I do every time
Pay the money enjoy the Game and drank beer

Soonerman82
8/30/2012, 03:24 PM
I thought the Sooner network was suppose to prevent this crap.

Soonerjeepman
8/30/2012, 03:31 PM

guess I'm with you on this...$40 is cheaper than a ticket, gas, food, etc...since I'm way out of state. Sure being on free is great but I'd rather pay the $40 and watch then not.

badger
8/30/2012, 03:33 PM
I thought the Sooner network was suppose to prevent this crap.

I thought so too... but whatev. At least all of the games are televised these days. I'm sure you old farts remember tuning into the radio for Sooner games.

olevetonahill
8/30/2012, 03:36 PM
guess I'm with you on this...$40 is cheaper than a ticket, gas, food, etc...since I'm way out of state. Sure being on free is great but I'd rather pay the $40 and watch then not.

I may score a coupla tickets, If I do Ill drive up and watch it

But if not 40 bucks aint much if ya figure yer gonna get 12 for free.
Or just figure yer gonna pay 3 bucks a game on TeeVee :pirate:

Soonerjeepman
8/30/2012, 03:40 PM
yup...

oh and I'm not real old...lol but I remember not getting ANYTHING in the 90's...tv or radio! UGH!

olevetonahill
8/30/2012, 03:41 PM
I thought so too... but whatev. At least all of the games are televised these days. I'm sure you old farts remember tuning into the radio for Sooner games.

Why I said Ill gladly pay 40 bucks, I remember well having to listen to the radio for the Games

Ill venture a guess that Ive listened to more on radio than Ive ever seen on TeeVee

Soonerjeepman
8/30/2012, 03:44 PM
Hey Hill...you down by Clayton? I've wheeled there before...Green Acres...

Soonermagik
8/31/2012, 12:53 PM
I got free tickets to this game, so I'm going down there. I know it's Florida A&M, but I couldn't beat the price.

85sooners
8/31/2012, 01:16 PM
$40 is cheap

stoopified
8/31/2012, 01:20 PM
I thought so too... but whatev. At least all of the games are televised these days. I'm sure you old farts remember tuning into the radio for Sooner games. I won't admit to the old part BUT I do admit to WATCHING a lot of OU football in the 70's on radio. I still recall turning the radio off on the 1975 OU -Missou game with OU facing 4th and 1 on their own 29 yardlne,trailing 27-20 with around 3 minutes left in the game.Immediately after I turn off the radio ,Lil Joe takes a pitch from Steve Davis and goes 71 yards to paydirt,then scores the 2 point conversion. Since then I have never voluntarily left a game that OU still has a chance(however slim) to win..

Not crazy about paying $40 for the Rattlers but I'm sure I will.

ouwasp
8/31/2012, 01:37 PM

In this case, I'm guessing Vet is using "drank" in the perfect tense; past, present, and future.

cherokeebrewer
9/1/2012, 12:39 PM

Yep, except occasionally I don't enjoy the game, so I get drunk...

WA. Sooner
9/1/2012, 12:42 PM
wondering if it can be purchase in Washington?

MamaMia
9/1/2012, 01:37 PM
Last time this happened, I bought the game, called Direct TV and got instructions on how to have it recorded when I was at the game but it failed. It took 3 calls to finally get a refund.

olevetonahill
9/1/2012, 01:50 PM
Yep, except occasionally I don't enjoy the game, so I get drunk...

Ive said fer years, OU Football is the Perfect Drankin excuse. You either Drankin to celebrate er Drankin to drown yer sorrow :very_drunk:

olevetonahill
9/1/2012, 01:51 PM
Hey Hill...you down by Clayton? I've wheeled there before...Green Acres...

Clayton aint far from me
Im just on the north side of lake Wister

olevetonahill
9/1/2012, 01:53 PM
Last time this happened, I bought the game, called Direct TV and got instructions on how to have it recorded when I was at the game but it failed. It took 3 calls to finally get a refund.

Did you ever get a copy?