PDA

View Full Version : LHN to AT&T Uverse?

jumperstop
8/30/2012, 10:07 AM
Heard this on another forum so I went to check it out. It amazes how dumb the UT fans sound on the uverse fb wall. They can't understand someone would not want to pay for a channel that supports a rival school and revert to calling it jealousy. I have uverse and although I probably won't give it up if it gets lhn, if my bill goes up one cent I'll be a bit upset...

http://www.facebook.com/uverse

sooner_born_1960
8/30/2012, 10:18 AM
What does 27-25 mean?

jumperstop
8/30/2012, 10:24 AM
What does 27-25 mean?

http://www.statesman.com/sports/collegefootball/texas-beats-a-m-27-25-1993662.html

What is it with UT and their scores?

sooner_born_1960
8/30/2012, 10:50 AM
Silly. I should have thought of that.

badger
8/30/2012, 10:58 AM
Whorns should be used to Aggies being jealous of them. It's just the way that the dominant flagship university deals with the little brother.

That said, I fully endorse and support the Aggie suppression of Bevo TV. Keep giving your carrier hell, Ags.

70sooner
8/30/2012, 11:54 AM
if it is on uverse, it will be an extra pay channel, not one included in any line up, I betcha.

85sooners
8/30/2012, 12:05 PM
Texas sucks

jumperstop
8/30/2012, 12:09 PM
if it is on uverse, it will be an extra pay channel, not one included in any line up, I betcha.

I'd be completely ok with that. From what I've read, people seems to think it'll be part of the espn/sports tier already available. With Uverse I get
B1G network and don't have a problem with it, never watch it, but don't really care if it's there. Who knows if I pay more because of it.

jumperstop
8/31/2012, 09:37 AM
It's officially on Uverse now, so if you have them remember to avoid channel 1609. And unfortunately they stuck it in the regular sports teir so some of my money will go to pay for their ****ty channel whether I watch it or not...

badger
8/31/2012, 09:41 AM
ESPN already screws cable companies majority with per-subscriber fees. They probably offered the channel free just to get more eyeballs on it. The Bevo TV must be just a huge money drain at the moment without more viewership soon

thunderlounge
8/31/2012, 09:52 AM
Whorns should be used to Aggies being jealous of them. It's just the way that the dominant flagship university deals with the little brother.

That said, I fully endorse and support the Aggie suppression of Bevo TV. Keep giving your carrier hell, Ags.

Wanna know how I know that you should be on texags?

So what if UVerse picked up LHN?

OU/TX are the Big 12. Period. This is good for TX, and the Big 12 needs that. OU needs that. Why? Because it paves the way for OU to also capitalize on that type of revenue stream. Let UT pave the way, soften up the cable companies to the idea, and do all the heavy lifting. Believe me, there will be plenty of cash to go around in the near future, and a big chunk of that is headed straight to Norman.

It's up to OU/TX to promote the Big 12, like it or not. The more exposure generated, the more that cash rolls in. The new TV deal, the Champions Bowl, the playoff's... all correspond to one thing, and one thing only. Raining cash.

You get the BTN, and BYU TV, so what? Don't watch it.

Granted, from your phrasing of certain things, I'm guessing you have a jar to go fill.

badger
8/31/2012, 10:09 AM
Wanna know how I know that you should be on texags?

There's no question that I should be on texags, nor is there a question of anyone else needing to be on texags. They have some of the greatest meltdowns. And even their normal conversations turn crazy pretty fast.

In fact, I'm going to go over to texags right now!

... ok, they're boring for once. Argh. Too bad their game got canceled, or there would have been a wailing wall over their loss to La Tech. Oh well, I can wait till Oct. 13 for that one. Of course, they might be so used to losing by then that they're numb to it.

PLaw
8/31/2012, 12:53 PM
It's officially on Uverse now, so if you have them remember to avoid channel 1609. And unfortunately they stuck it in the regular sports teir so some of my money will go to pay for their ****ty channel whether I watch it or not...

Crapola - looks like I'm going to have to find another cable provider. ATT slipped this in there pretty much like ObamaCare robbing from medicare.

Bummer

badger
8/31/2012, 01:43 PM
On the positive side, more people will be able to see Wyoming beat whorn! :mack:

Herr Scholz
8/31/2012, 01:43 PM
Switched to AT&T Uverse today at lunch. $100 total for cable and internet. Saving myself some money by bundling, my DVR space doubles, my internet speed doubles, I'm no longer paying for a land phone line I don't use, I get all the HBO and Cinemax channels plus a sports package that includes every Fox sports affiliate across the country. Oh and finally the Longhorn network and the NFL network. Pretty pumped.

badger
8/31/2012, 02:00 PM
Perhaps this will be like the cable version of the iPhone in the state of Texas --- AT&T is the only one to provide service for Bevo TV, so all you whorns have to subscribe to AT&T to use your snazzy new iPhone(Whorn Network).

I wonder what AT&T customer service has been like answering Aggie phone calls...

Aggie: I HATE T-SIP AND I'M CANCELLING MY SUBSCRIPTION BECAUSE OF WHORN NETWORK!
Customer Serivce: Ok sir sorry to hear that. What is your customer number so that I can discontinue your service?
Aggie: ...(click)
Customer Service: ...Do any Aggies actually subscribe or are they just calling to complain?

jumperstop
8/31/2012, 02:37 PM
Switched to AT&T Uverse today at lunch. $100 total for cable and internet. Saving myself some money by bundling, my DVR space doubles, my internet speed doubles, I'm no longer paying for a land phone line I don't use, I get all the HBO and Cinemax channels plus a sports package that includes every Fox sports affiliate across the country. Oh and finally the Longhorn network and the NFL network. Pretty pumped.

When I first got Uverse I was paying about 130, now I'm paying over 200...Those bundle prices don't last but a couple months...

Herr Scholz
8/31/2012, 03:10 PM
When I first got Uverse I was paying about 130, now I'm paying over 200...Those bundle prices don't last but a couple months...

The guy said it would only go up $15 in a few months when the free HBO promotion goes away. I'll double check on that though, thanks.

Herr Scholz
8/31/2012, 03:12 PM
Perhaps this will be like the cable version of the iPhone in the state of Texas --- AT&T is the only one to provide service for Bevo TV, so all you whorns have to subscribe to AT&T to use your snazzy new iPhone(Whorn Network).

There were already a couple other smaller providers in Austin (Grande Communication and Verizon FIOS) but they're not in all parts of town. This is the first major carrier though. It'll be interesting to see if Dish, Direct tv, Time Warner, Cox, etc. switch too now.

FtwTxSooner
8/31/2012, 03:55 PM
The guy said it would only go up $15 in a few months when the free HBO promotion goes away. I'll double check on that though, thanks.

I signed up a couple of weeks ago myself. For television, plus internet, chances are you are getting an additional ~$40 or so off per month. Your price and discount (other than the free HBO/Cinemax) is locked in for 12 months. After that, you start paying the full fare.

jumperstop
8/31/2012, 10:44 PM
So I switched to the channel when I got off work to check if I actually had it and they were playing the replay of last years RRR. I sat and watched that, so I guess it's not all crap....I'm sure those Texas recruits will love watching us beat the over and over in replay.

TrueBornSooner
9/1/2012, 09:43 AM
I have U-Verse, and its on my line up. Well it was - U-Verse allows you to hide channels from the listings. I did that today as soon as I saw it. No LHN on my TV.

ouflak
9/1/2012, 11:43 AM
So I switched to the channel when I got off work to check if I actually had it and they were playing the replay of last years RRR. I sat and watched that, so I guess it's not all crap....I have to say, I wouldn't mind some of those games showing up on the schedule every now and then.

zseese
9/1/2012, 07:31 PM
Am I the only one who thinks LHN looks like it should stand for Lifetime Home Network, or something like that? I have been noticing LHN on my guide and kept thinking to myself "Why is there a lifetime channel among my sports channels?" I never thought about it being the Longhorn Network until I saw this thread...