PDA

View Full Version : Need a bit of Help

Soonerntxs
8/28/2012, 08:24 PM
I booked a stay at the Quartz Mountain Resort near Altus, Ok. I have called and they have advised that they do not have FSN. I do not know that area of Okla. and so I have called around to a few places (Bars) that I found on the web and no luck on FSN. Can any of you that know that area tell me if there is a watch party or place to watch the game. And just so I don't get any ribbin, Yes, I know where Hell paso is and yes my car will make it and yes I allready have a Sooner Ringtone. :D

Thanks in advance

OU_Sooners75
8/28/2012, 08:45 PM
Find a chilis, applebees, or a sports bar. When u get there find a small local bar, they will likely have it.

Just one of those u will have to search when u get there. I have no clue about altus area sorry.

soonerloyal
8/28/2012, 11:42 PM
Altus is a ****hole. I'd heard of a little sports bar there a couple of years ago, but don't know if it's still there. Woody's Sports Bar, 580-482-0757. You might call & see if it hasn't been swallowed up by a black hole. Applebee's @ 3501 N. Main Street, 580-480-1500. Or Lawton is about an hour from Altus if that doesn't work. Just remember, except for the AF base & the fact that Austin Box's dad grew up there...Altus is a ****hole.

Soonerntxs
8/29/2012, 04:54 AM
Thanks you very much, just the thought of missing the game gives me the shakes LOL!:very_drunk:

prrriiide
8/29/2012, 05:23 AM
Applebees is about it. The good news is that it's literally the first thing you come to from Quartz Mtn on the north side of Altus.

swardboy
8/29/2012, 07:21 AM
Mangum has a great rattlesnake festival. At least it did when I lived in Altus, circa ad 1980.

cleller
8/29/2012, 07:51 AM
There's a great steakhouse in Blair, right on the corner. Don't know about TVs, but its a good place to eat.

Tiptonsooner
8/29/2012, 08:41 AM
Trader Tom's bar in Altus will have it, Val's, It's About Time bar, Applebee's should have it too.

85sooners
8/29/2012, 08:43 AM
Better not miss the game!!

soonerloyal
8/29/2012, 09:17 AM
Val's IAT is still open? Wow. I remember when Doc (?) used to own that. Awesome photographer. So is Applebee's North of WOSC?

Mixed memories from Altus. I remember getting ready for school in the a.m. hearing the Swap Shop theme coming from the radio...always thought it would fit in on HeeHaw.

nativesooner
8/29/2012, 12:09 PM
Yeah Applebee's or Val's. If you want to go out of the way, come to Lawton and I'll buy you a soda! lol!

olevetonahill
8/29/2012, 12:19 PM
Yeah Applebee's or Val's. If you want to go out of the way, come to Lawton and I'll buy you a soda! lol!

I ever drive to Lawton someones buying me sompun sides a soda :witless:

cleller
8/29/2012, 01:40 PM
Trader Tom's bar in Altus will have it, Val's, It's About Time bar, Applebee's should have it too.

Being from Tipton, you should be a good source. Tipton OK is the location of the highest temperature ever recorded in Oklahoma. 120 degrees back in the 90s sometime, right?

jkjsooner
8/29/2012, 02:18 PM
Being from Tipton, you should be a good source. Tipton OK is the location of the highest temperature ever recorded in Oklahoma. 120 degrees back in the 90s sometime, right?

Also location of the narrowest basketball court known to man.

Tiptonsooner
8/29/2012, 06:31 PM
Also location of the narrowest basketball court known to man.

No kidding. I didn't go to school in Tipton, but had to play a few there. They do have a new gym though...

Tiptonsooner
8/29/2012, 06:34 PM
Val's IAT is still open? Wow. I remember when Doc (?) used to own that. Awesome photographer. So is Applebee's North of WOSC?

Mixed memories from Altus. I remember getting ready for school in the a.m. hearing the Swap Shop theme coming from the radio...always thought it would fit in on HeeHaw.

Ate lunch at Val's today and yes Applebee's is about a half mile north of WOSC.

You know you're from Altus if you can hum the swap shop song...