PDA

View Full Version : stupid question

ELP Sooner
8/27/2012, 09:36 PM
Any of you brave souls making the trip to corrupt El Paso? I hate this place and really hope I see some of you wonderful fans to cheer me up.

yukonsooner
8/28/2012, 11:07 AM
We will be there! Leaving Yukon on Thursday. Driving the Miata so we have to stop every two hours and stretch so we don't get in any hurry. Haven't been to El Paso in almost 30 years. I know it has changed greatly. Any suggestions on restaurants, hotels, etc.?

jk the sooner fan
8/28/2012, 11:16 AM
Switzer tweeted this today:

Am I going to El Paso?" Hell no. My friend, Marty Robbins, got his *** shot last time he was out there.

yermom
8/28/2012, 11:40 AM
great, now i'll hear that song in my head for the next few weeks.

i'm going. been there a few times in the last few years. what shouldn't i miss?

last time i was there they had to shovel snow off the field so Notre Dame could play their bowl game

i imagine it will be a little warmer this time.

ELP Sooner
8/28/2012, 12:03 PM
Stay in Las Cruces. To tell you how bad EL Paso is...I miss going to Juarez. I miss the Juarez restuarants and service and I miss the race and sports books. El Paso is a corrupt cesspool that should be banished from Earth.

BillyBall
8/28/2012, 12:31 PM
Something tells me ELP Sooner doesn't work for the El Paso convention and visitors bureau.

ELP Sooner
8/28/2012, 12:42 PM
Good guess BillyBall. You are from a real city, I love Chicago. It is the model of honest,ethical , and transparent government compared to El Paso. We have a former county judge (political position not judicial) who claimed cancer made her steal funds that were to go to retarded kids. She isnt going to get prison time because her brother is a federal judge in the same federal courthouse where she will be sentenced. These people are monsters. The local school district has admitted to denying kids the abilty to enroll because their test scores were too low. I have lived all over the country and never seen the crap I have seen here. I could go on...but heck just look at our local paper...they have a public corruption section. No lie.

jk the sooner fan
8/28/2012, 12:50 PM
did you just refer to the government of Chicago as "honest and ethical?"

olevetonahill
8/28/2012, 01:01 PM
Switzer tweeted this today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmtkfyGzBZo

yermom
8/28/2012, 01:57 PM
you aren't helping, Howard

it's like when i'm going to Amarillo, or when i went to Key Largo

Bertie Higgins is a little more obscure though, apparently

AZSOONER
8/28/2012, 02:04 PM
Any of you brave souls making the trip to corrupt El Paso? I hate this place and really hope I see some of you wonderful fans to cheer me up.
Not anymore. Just canceled my room and gave away my tix. Thanks for the heads up.

rock on sooner
8/28/2012, 02:11 PM
We will be there! Leaving Yukon on Thursday. Driving the Miata so we have to stop every two hours and stretch so we don't get in any hurry. Haven't been to El Paso in almost 30 years. I know it has changed greatly. Any suggestions on restaurants, hotels, etc.?

Don't know if she's still around 'cause it's been years since I was
there but Granma's Tamales were outa sight. There used to be a
little cafe in the Trevino Mall that had good tacos and tamales, no
alcohol, though....

I Am Right
8/28/2012, 02:15 PM
Yes, leaving at 4 sat afternoon, I have my own security team.

soonersam
8/28/2012, 04:23 PM
I will be there... The Double Tree better be clean, except for the normal amount of hotel semen of course

soonersam
8/28/2012, 04:24 PM
Whats a Miata?? Sounds fancy !!

85sooners
8/28/2012, 06:02 PM
Do you know if they have weed or cocaine in the area?

GDC
8/28/2012, 06:54 PM
L&J Cafe
Kiki's
Chico's Tacos
Nopalito's (Las Cruces)
Lucy's

A few of my favorites off the top of my head. I plan to attend.

ELP there's corruption everywhere. We have plenty right here in Oklahoma and the Cherokee Nation.

ELP Sooner
8/28/2012, 07:13 PM
Yes to marijuana. One of our county commissioners just plead guilty to being "THE GODFATHER" of a smuggling ring that took pot from Mexico to Chicago via El Paso. So please ask any of our elected officials on where to get your dope. As for Oklahoma being corrupt. Let me know when you have dope smugglers as elected officials. Let me know when you have public officials scamming funds intended for retarded kids. Let me know when you have school district employees from the superintendent to assistant superintendents....to principals...to clerks on a campus refusing to register ELIGIBLE kids beause their scores are too low. Let me know when your local businessman of the year SCAMMED THE Department of Defense by getting a set aside contract to hire PHYSICALLY DISABLED workers. The workers hired didnt speak English..that was their "DISABILITY" . They were easy to manipulate and made them tons of money for a BOGUS set aside. I am sure some real firm might have had some real disabled people that would have appreciated the work. Instead corrupt El Paso strikes again. Dont forget that another El Paso businessman of the year got caught giving bribes (cash, hookers, vegas etc) to school leaders down in the valley (brownsville, McAllen).

None of what I had said is alleged...its already been plead guilty to. Another one was our school superintendent giving away 1/2 million dollars to his whore for a bunch of posters. Yeah posters. Us government said the value was nil as anyone could have printed them off the internet. How on Earth do these people who cheat the disabled and kids live with themselves? I can understand padding a construction contract or something...a little graft. Not this.

yukonsooner
8/28/2012, 08:04 PM
Question about the evening weather. Lived in Yuma for a while, hot as H*** during the day, but once the sun went down it got a little cold on the desert. Is that the case in El Paso?

ELP Sooner
8/28/2012, 08:21 PM
Yes it cools off quite nicely when the dew points are under 55f. We are expecting temps in the upper 80s/near 90 @kickoff dropping to near 80 by the end of the game. Dew points should be in to 40s to make it relatively comfy.

yukonsooner
8/28/2012, 10:23 PM
Whats a Miata?? Sounds fancy !!

A Mazda

85sooners
8/29/2012, 08:58 AM
Sounds like a ****ty place to live