PDA

View Full Version : Charlie Crist Endorses Obama

Midtowner
8/27/2012, 12:07 AM
Switching sides is always awkward in politics. But Charlie Crist’s endorsement of President Obama Sunday puts Florida’s former Republican governor in opposition to his party on the eve of the Republican National Convention in Tampa.

That’s a whole different level of cold.

And Republicans are dropping bombs on the man many thought had a future on the national GOP stage in the same manner that Democrats recently blasted one of their own.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/DC-Decoder/Decoder-Wire/2012/0826/Florida-s-Charlie-Crist-as-new-Obama-fan-GOP-has-an-answer-for-that

XingTheRubicon
8/27/2012, 07:29 AM
Just a bitter loser after Rubio kicked his ***.

cleller
8/27/2012, 07:31 AM
also:

Democrats recently went down an almost identical path with former Alabama Congressman Davis. Davis, an African-American who had seconded Mr. Obama’s nomination for the presidency at the 2008 Democratic convention, had been scheduled to speak at the Republican National Convention on Monday evening. (Monday’s events have been canceled due to the impending storm, Isaac, and it's not yet clear who all will get to speak later in the week.)

Typical politicians.

okie52
8/27/2012, 09:42 AM
Really not a surprise. He had to run as an independent in the senatorial election because he was on the outs as a pub...and that was as a sitting governor.

C&CDean
8/27/2012, 11:01 AM
I care about this as much as I care about who Sylvester Stallone or Mork or Mindy endorses.

LiveLaughLove
8/27/2012, 01:41 PM
I care about this as much as I care about who Sylvester Stallone or Mork or Mindy endorses.

Shazbot, you're dating yourself there Dean.

I'm thinking the former campaign Co-chair endorsing the other guy is a tad worse than an outed rino endorsing the other guy. But that's just me.

soonercruiser
8/29/2012, 10:24 PM
I wonder is Chris Matthews will endorse Obama with another leg leak?
:frog:

MamaMia
9/1/2012, 01:19 PM
I thought he was loon. Now I have no doubt.

hawaii 5-0
9/1/2012, 01:26 PM
Crist got tired of the constant lying.

Better than the occasional lying by the Dems.

5-0

LiveLaughLove
9/1/2012, 01:32 PM
Crist got tired of the constant lying.

Better than the occasional lying by the Dems.

5-0

You're really a true believer aren't you? You really think he left the party because of that? or because he got his butt kicked by an actual conservative? really?

You really think Republicans always lie? really?

Hey rock, remind me again which side has the close minded followers please. I seem to have misplaced that meme.

KABOOKIE
9/1/2012, 03:07 PM
Watch the DNC. Ever time same old lies. You can have the moon, paved roads of gold, and no slavery if you vote for democrats. Heh. :rolleyes:

SicEmBaylor
9/1/2012, 03:51 PM
Just a bitter loser after Rubio kicked his ***.

This is exactly it. Crist is an opportunistic charlatan.

soonercruiser
9/1/2012, 06:11 PM
I thought he was loon. Now I have no doubt.

Hasn't Crist already changed parties at least one time before???
So, I guess that he forgets to take his meds every now and then, kinda like Joe Bite Me!
:smiley_simmons:

SoonerorLater
9/2/2012, 08:49 PM
This is exactly it. Crist is an opportunistic charlatan.

Bingo. It's best to think of politics as nothing more than than a shirts-skins game that's populated with narcissistic, platitude spouting a-holes. The process lends itself to no other type personality.

TheHumanAlphabet
9/3/2012, 01:07 AM
Don't know much about Crist, but anyway you slice it, this seems more like sour grapes than an ideological change. If the former, picking up the ball and running away is not going to endear you to anyone.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/3/2012, 01:58 AM
You're really a true believer aren't you? You really think he left the party because of that? or because he got his butt kicked by an actual conservative? really?

You really think Republicans always lie? really?

Hey rock, remind me again which side has the close minded followers please. I seem to have misplaced that meme.The rock(and, don't forget 5-0) are each one of our little jewels on this board.