PDA

View Full Version : A depressing thought we've all had...

Biggnick15
8/26/2012, 11:30 PM
I hate to be the proverbial wet blanket, but i wanted others to share in my misery. We've all thought it before and try not to think about because it's so depressing, but...

If demarco Murray plays on January 8, 2009, ou wins #8.

:-(

85sooners
8/26/2012, 11:31 PM
Probably

Seamus
8/27/2012, 12:35 AM
Do you like Zeppelin?

pappy
8/27/2012, 01:03 AM
no doubt.

thecrimsoncrusader
8/27/2012, 05:51 AM
I always wondered about the other side of the ball as well if either Ryan Reynolds or the late Austin Box would have been in at middle linebacker instead of the extremely inexperienced Mike Balogun. I'm confident that the phoney person QB of Florida wouldn't of sniffed 100+ rushing yards in that game with either Box or Reynolds in and that could have made a big difference. Anyway, it's high damn time that Oklahoma is the healthy team for once and the BCS bowl foe is the one with several injuries instead. It sure would be nice if Oklahoma could be given a gift like Alabama got in 2009 by getting to play against a team's backup QB that also happens to royally suck. That's in instant win any time.

vtsooner21
8/27/2012, 06:21 AM
If we were to live on "what if's", I would probably resemble Brad Pitt, have vacation homes in both Haleiwa, Hawaii on Sunset Beach and Jackson Hole, Wyoming on the Snake River, and the Sooners would be in the mix for the National Championship every year. Yes; I, too have thought about what bad turns of events have lead to, but ya know something? I'm doing just fine....

Boomer

XingTheRubicon
8/27/2012, 07:18 AM
if colt hadn't got hurt, we'da scored 50 on Bama....

PLaw
8/27/2012, 08:19 AM
I hate to be the proverbial wet blanket, but i wanted others to share in my misery. We've all thought it before and try not to think about because it's so depressing, but...

It is what it is.

If Jack doesn't over throw Harrison . . .

If Billy doesn't fumble . . .

If Barry doesn't party his *** off when we played a very depleted Arky . . .

It's okay, we will get No. 8. I just hope it's sooner than later.

BOOMER

SoonerinSouthlake
8/27/2012, 08:30 AM
During the Dallas VS St Louis game Saturday night they were show highlights of Sams shoulder injury against BYU.

Considering the repeat of that injury vs. whorn we still almost beat them with an inexperienced Landy under center.

IF Sam is healthy all year, its likely the Sooners in the Rose bowl looking for # 8 against Alabama.

Take Heart all..there has yet to be a BCS Championship game in Miami, that didnt feature the Sooners!!!! #8!

cvsooner
8/27/2012, 11:28 AM
2009 was a year of a lot of 'almosts.' Almost beat BYU; almost beat Miami; almost beat *****.

badger
8/27/2012, 11:36 AM

If Demarco got drafted by Green Bay instead of Dallas, the Packers win the Super Bowl last year.

Sadface

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
8/27/2012, 12:09 PM
I always wondered about the other side of the ball as well if either Ryan Reynolds or the late Austin Box would have been in at middle linebacker instead of the extremely inexperienced Mike Balogun. I'm confident that the phoney person QB of Florida wouldn't of sniffed 100+ rushing yards in that game with either Box or Reynolds in and that could have made a big difference. Anyway, it's high damn time that Oklahoma is the healthy team for once and the BCS bowl foe is the one with several injuries instead. It sure would be nice if Oklahoma could be given a gift like Alabama got in 2009 by getting to play against a team's backup QB that also happens to royally suck. That's in instant win any time.You wanted a whorn win?...even though our 47 game win streak wasn't on the line?

thecrimsoncrusader
8/27/2012, 12:24 PM
You wanted a whorn win?...even though our 47 game win streak wasn't on the line?

Now where did you get that idea? All, I said is Alabama got a gift and they most certainly did. And to answer your question, the only time and I mean the only time I would want a Whorn win is if it somehow benefited Oklahoma in the conference race, which has fortunately so far, been never.

SoonerinSouthlake
8/27/2012, 12:53 PM
If Demarco got drafted by Green Bay instead of Dallas, the Packers win the Super Bowl last year.

Sadface

kinda likin' it hear in the DFW Market

BoulderSooner79
8/27/2012, 12:57 PM
Can't say we beat the gators if a healthy DM plays, but it would have been a completely different game. Different strategy, different play calling and different results. Most importantly, UF has a huge matchup issue to deal with 50+ snaps of the game. The odds would have tipped significantly in OUr favor.

badger
8/27/2012, 01:09 PM
kinda likin' it hear in the DFW Market

Oooooo, lookin for some fightin', eh?
http://www.bloguinmedia.com/curation/mainhot/thumbimages/3_dez-bryant.jpeg
Dez: So coach, you're saying that it's not a good idea to provoke your own momma to call the police on you?

http://www.reddirtchronicles.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/jerry-jones.jpg
Jerry: Why am I speaking to the media, even though I don't play or coach football? Because I'm Jerry.

http://mantoos.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Tony-Romo.jpg
Tony: I wear a backwards ball cap to show how cool I am! Now... where's my tight end, the only one that I can ever find open?

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/Prb8EKIU3v0/0.jpg
Jason: What's a spleen? Because I just lost mine.

http://www.dallasnews.com/incoming/20120716-dez.jpg.ece/BINARY/w620x413/dez.JPG
Dez: Don't throw to me, either! Knee tends to itis!

http://www.juanelway.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Miles-Austin-Bust-500x500.jpg
Miles: Hamstring. Throw elsewhere.

http://joyhog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/081215_NS_14COWSgiantsvb1.jpg
Tony: Too late. Ooof.

http://www.kzoz.com/jeff-and-jeremy/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/jones.jpg
Jerry: ...

http://images.onset.freedom.com/ocregister/article/lem1eh-lem13pgarrett.jpg
Coach: ...

http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/multimedia/photo_gallery/0809/nfl.fans.week3/images/cowboys-fans.jpg
Fans: ...

http://binaryapi.ap.org/c08a0f107d38463a977f3a22fb9e06b7/320x.jpg
Demarco: How soon till I'm a free agent, again?

picasso
8/27/2012, 01:15 PM
We won the two bowl games that DM played in.

thunderfan
8/27/2012, 02:22 PM
I'm thinking if Kejuan would got the ball three more times in the Sugar bowl that woulda been #8
LSU had no gas

tator
8/27/2012, 03:11 PM
http://reneeprymus.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/uncle-rico-picture1.jpeg

stoops the eternal pimp
8/27/2012, 03:19 PM
Chris Brown had a heck of a game against Florida..Don't see how it would have been a lot different

tator
8/27/2012, 03:21 PM
Chris Brown had a heck of a game against Florida..Don't see how it would have been a lot different

hey STEP. Wanna see me throw this ball over that there mountain?

C&CDean
8/27/2012, 03:25 PM
If we hadn't dropped two touchdown passes (one turning into an interception) in the first half we'd have beaten Florida soundly.

SoonerAtKU
8/27/2012, 03:31 PM
Indeed. Force Tebow to throw more to win and he ends up with 4 ints instead of 2, and OU wins running downhill. Venables went all-out in the first half to shut down the gators and the DL in particular didn't have any gas in the tank in the 4th quarter when the Offense couldn't seal the deal.

You know, I love Sam as a player, but if we had that to do over, I might have preferred to have a senior Landry back there. I actually trust him in close games more than I trust Bradford.

Of course, that's ignoring last year's OSU game.

stoops the eternal pimp
8/27/2012, 03:37 PM
hey STEP. Wanna see me throw this ball over that there mountain?

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/48/napoleondynamitegifuncl.gif

picasso
8/27/2012, 03:47 PM
Chris Brown couldn't sniff DM's jock when it comes to catching the ball out of the backfield.

stoops the eternal pimp
8/27/2012, 03:55 PM
Chris Brown couldn't sniff DM's jock when it comes to catching the ball out of the backfield.

Yeah, the interesting thing about that is Chris Brown caught the passes thrown to him and and turned them into big gains..Problem is that the Florida defense was all over the OU intermediate routes and could leave their physical DBs in 1on1 and take out the not-so-physical OU WRs...

picasso
8/27/2012, 04:57 PM
Dude, I respect your opinion but I don't understand how anyone can doubt having Demarco would have improved our chances. We lose at oSu in '10 without DM. He was that important.

BoulderSooner79
8/27/2012, 06:17 PM
Dude, I respect your opinion but I don't understand how anyone can doubt having Demarco would have improved our chances. We lose at oSu in '10 without DM. He was that important.

I usually agree with STEP, but not this time. DM was a difference maker and integral to the 3-headed matchup nightmare of Bradford, Gresham and DM. Even though Chris Brown was solid and his job, he was not going to force UF to alter their scheme on defense.

8timechamps
8/27/2012, 06:32 PM
Brown did play a good game that night, but DM would have been much tougher for UF to defend. I'm not sure his presence would have assured us a victory, but it would have been a different game.

The problem with this question is that you could play the "what if" game in almost all of Stoops' 34 losses. Very few decisive losses in his tenure as HC.

cvsooner
8/27/2012, 06:49 PM
Chris Brown...the leading rusher of 2008 and the highest single season rusher since AD.

cvsooner
8/27/2012, 06:50 PM
I'm thinking if Kejuan would got the ball three more times in the Sugar bowl that woulda been #8
LSU had no gas

At the very least we would've tied it and sent it to overtime.

Eielson
8/27/2012, 07:06 PM
Problem is that the Florida defense was all over the OU intermediate routes and could leave their physical DBs in 1on1 and take out the not-so-physical OU WRs

Haden and Jenkins was a sick DB combo. How do you think it compares to LSU's combos of the last two years (Peterson/Claiborne and Claiborne/Mathieu)?

BoulderSooner79
8/27/2012, 10:03 PM
Chris Brown...the leading rusher of 2008 and the highest single season rusher since AD.

DM had similar stats/game and he didn't really get to 100% from the previous year's surgery until the KSU game. And he missed the CCG game. Chris Brown wasn't going to scare the gator defense when he split out as a receiver and that's the biggest difference.

soonerboy_odanorth
8/27/2012, 10:14 PM

Sadface

If Demarco got drafted by Green Bay instead of Dallas, the Packers still don't win the Super Bowl last year after Murray rips his knee up on the Metrodome turf just like Sims.

Sadderface. :P

count your blessings ya moldy green cheese packer. You too, Dean. :D

tator
8/28/2012, 09:25 AM
You know, I love Sam as a player, but if we had that to do over, I might have preferred to have a senior Landry back there. I actually trust him in close games more than I trust Bradford.

Am I missing something? Does this make sense to anyone else? Are we just throwing out impossible scenarios as to what would be better? I would have preferred Peyton back there instead of Bradford. I mean the Peyton that had already won a Superbowl, that probably would have increased our odds.

Augusta_Sooner
8/28/2012, 12:32 PM

DM makes a big difference in my opinion. He makes a difference as Florida would have to account for him in the passing game more than CB. DM has more speed and quickness than CB and most likely makes a few big plays, especially late in the 1st half when the Florida defense was gassed. Defending DM in space is a lot more of a challenge than defending CB in space. Close games usually come down to a handful of plays that make the difference. Two defensive stops by Florida in the 1st half and a strip/interception by one of their secondary players were the 3 biggest plays. OU's defense played their best game of the year in my opinion, good enough to win that night. Of course, Wilson letting Florida off the hook by abandoning the no-huddle killed OU's momentum on both potential scoring drives in the second qtr hurt the most. Why he let Florida substitute in the red zone on both of those drives is something I'll never understand. They were gassed on both drives and were doing their best just to get lined up correctly. OU went up and down the field on them in the 2nd qtr and could have taken control by halftime.

SoonerAtKU
8/28/2012, 01:21 PM
Am I missing something? Does this make sense to anyone else? Are we just throwing out impossible scenarios as to what would be better? I would have preferred Peyton back there instead of Bradford. I mean the Peyton that had already won a Superbowl, that probably would have increased our odds.

Oh, no, this is 100% hypothetical, obviously. You go in with what you have, not what you wish you had. I just thought if we were speculating about things that didn't actually happen, I'd air some of my thoughts about performance in big games or coming from behind. I guess I just don't think Landry gets quite the credit he deserves for playing pretty well in some pretty tough situations.

AZSOONER
8/28/2012, 02:11 PM
Thought for sure this was gonna be a Landry Jones thread.

goingoneight
8/28/2012, 06:55 PM
LSU had no gas

Some say that; but KJ had a bad case of the Trey Franks syndrome. Who knows whether or not he tied his shoe laces properly? I agree, though... Jason's normally precise accuracy was badly off from the moment his slinger got busted against KSU.