PDA

View Full Version : Annoying commercials

MamaMia
8/26/2012, 04:15 PM
Insta Hang hurts my ears. Its the background noise they play. They like to advertise 2 or 3 times during the same movie so I don't care what I'm watching, if that commercial comes on, I hit record, change the channel, or put on some music and finish watching it later so I can zoom through that commercial. Even if I wanted an Insta Hang, I refuse to buy one because of that annoying commercials background sound.

Do any certain commercials annoy you? :D

olevetonahill
8/26/2012, 04:39 PM
All of em
Why I dont watch TeeVee Much
and what I do watch I record most of the time so I can buzz threw em

MamaMia
8/26/2012, 04:47 PM
All of em
Why I dont watch TeeVee Much
and what I do watch I record most of the time so I can buzz threw emA lot of the Hallmark movies have that Insta Hang commercial. I just don't see you watching 'Strawberry Summer' or 'Personally Yours', or other love stories. http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/OUmom/smilies/giggle.gif

olevetonahill
8/26/2012, 04:50 PM
A lot of the Hallmark movies have that Insta Hang commercial. I just don't see you watching 'Strawberry' 'Summer' or 'Personally Yours', or other love stories. http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/OUmom/smilies/giggle.gif

Heh. ya got that right . Must be why I aint got a clue as to what a Insta Hang is
Guess its not what 1st came to my Proverted mind huh?:beguiled:

SoonerBread
8/26/2012, 04:50 PM
"One day, one night, Saturday's alright, online's just fine, night time, anytime.

Get your degree, set yourself free.

National American University."

I hate that ****ing commercial. I've heard it enough I know the jingle. Word for word. :mack::rcmad:[hairGel]:les:

Blue
8/26/2012, 05:02 PM
Who's Taco Bell kidding with their commercials. Their food is slightly more edible than rocks.

Gotta live mas and drive 900 miles for a Taco. Yeah right, their food sucks. And that village in Alaska is better off w/out a Taco Bell. Hate those ads!

MamaMia
8/26/2012, 05:03 PM
These horrible commercials have actually made me rather fond of the annual B.C. Clark's jewelers jingle. Maybe its more the nostalgia of it. When I was in college, I use to work for B.C. Clark's when they had a store in Cassidy Square. The pay was lousy though, plus they totally cheated me out of my Christmas bonus. I got a better and closer job at The Mont waiting tables. They would even let you study when it was slow.

I must say however that THE most annoying commercial of ALL time was Susie Soundtrack, but that was before most of y'alls time. I had heard that she actually legally changed her name to Susie Soundtrack, but don't know if there is any truth to it.

olevetonahill
8/26/2012, 05:08 PM
These horrible commercials have actually made me rather fond of the annual B.C. Clark's jewelers jingle. Maybe its more the nostalgia of it. When I was in college, I use to work for B.C. Clark's when they had a store in Cassidy Square. The pay was lousy though, plus they totally cheated me out of my Christmas bonus. I got a better and closer job at The Mont waiting tables. They would even let you study when it was slow.

I must say however that THE most commercial of ALL time was Susie Soundtrack, but that was before most of y'alls time. I had heard that she actually legally changed her name to Susie Soundtrack, but don't know if there is any truth to it.

You Mean Linda Soundtrack

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n5_l7JcORA

MamaMia
8/26/2012, 05:10 PM
Oh, it was Linda. Thats right. Linda,Susie...whatever. How long ago did they start? Looks like it was at least all the way in 1987. :D

olevetonahill
8/26/2012, 05:13 PM
Oh, it was Linda. Thats right. Linda,Susie...whatever. How long ago did they start? Looks like it was at least all the way in 1987. :D

I think they ran from late 70s to mid to late 80s

BigTip
8/26/2012, 05:16 PM
The ones that should be made illegal are radio commercials that have honking horns in them.

MamaMia
8/26/2012, 05:25 PM
The ones that should be made illegal are radio commercials that have honking horns in them...and sirens.

85sooners
8/26/2012, 06:00 PM
Who's Taco Bell kidding with their commercials. Their food is slightly more edible than rocks.

Gotta live mas and drive 900 miles for a Taco. Yeah right, their food sucks. And that village in Alaska is better off w/out a Taco Bell. Hate those ads!Lol

rock on sooner
8/26/2012, 09:11 PM
I think they ran from late 70s to mid to late 80s

Vet, thot yew said yew dint watch that chit?...

MamaMia
8/26/2012, 10:05 PM
Vet, thot yew said yew dint watch that chit?...That was 4 decades ago. They didn't have a way to record and zoom through commercials back then.

C&CDean
8/27/2012, 10:31 AM
Mighty bites fishing lures, and the "most versatile bag in the world." Both can be seen ad nauseum while watching Cardinal games on Fox Sports Tennessee.

ouleaf
8/27/2012, 11:01 AM
While i enjoy the Geico commercials with the Gecko, I despise the ones with that stupid Pig character they introduced about a year ago. The one that says "Wheee" all the time. I get what they were going for there, but they like to run that commercial a lot on MSNBC which is always on in the break room down the hall at work. You don't even notice the sound from the TV until that commercial comes on and you hear the annoying "Wheee...Wheee...Wheee" sound. So annoying.

Mississippi Sooner
8/27/2012, 11:06 AM
Mighty bites fishing lures, and the "most versatile bag in the world." Both can be seen ad nauseum while watching Cardinal games on Fox Sports Tennessee.

The most annoying one, to me, while watching the Cards on Fox Midwest is that damn Bud Light Lime commercial. I've gotten to where I go ahead and hit the mute button at the end of every inning because I know they are gonna play it once if not twice before the game resumes.

C&CDean
8/27/2012, 11:20 AM
The most annoying one, to me, while watching the Cards on Fox Midwest is that damn Bud Light Lime commercial. I've gotten to where I go ahead and hit the mute button at the end of every inning because I know they are gonna play it once if not twice before the game resumes.

And let's not leave out the one for the basement company where the guy is holding the umbrella in the storm.

badger
8/27/2012, 11:32 AM
as a football watcher, I am already sick of NFL Network's fantasy bearded guy commercials. I much preferred the angry ex-coaches ad with dramatic music last season :)

ouwasp
8/27/2012, 12:25 PM
Any commercials that have the sound of food being eaten, especially crunching noises, are the spawn of Satan. Thank goodness for the mute button.

C&CDean
8/27/2012, 02:08 PM
Any commercials that have the sound of food being eaten, especially crunching noises, are the spawn of Satan. Thank goodness for the mute button.

Remember the Carl's Jr. 6-dollar burger commercials where some pig is gulping his burger and **** is dripping down his chin? Nice sound effects and everything. Nasty.

SanJoaquinSooner
8/27/2012, 03:13 PM
I think Linda Soundtrack watched Bill Mathis and said the herself, " I can be way more obnoxious than that pencil neck dweeb."

C&CDean
8/27/2012, 03:16 PM
I think Linda Soundtrack watched Bill Mathis and said the herself, " I can be way more obnoxious than that pencil neck dweeb."

Now we're stuck with one of their pencil-necked sons on the commercials. "Rit" Mathis. Probably short for ritalin.

SanJoaquinSooner
8/27/2012, 03:22 PM
Remember the Carl's Jr. 6-dollar burger commercials where some pig is gulping his burger and **** is dripping down his chin? Nice sound effects and everything. Nasty.

mQDit9-z1Xw

C&CDean
8/27/2012, 03:45 PM
Still nasty. Bet her coochie smells like onions and ketchup.

ouleaf
8/27/2012, 03:45 PM
Love Padma...almost makes me want to go to a Carl's Jr to buy one....but then I remember they are terrible and I can make a better burger at home.

C&CDean
8/27/2012, 04:01 PM
I read somewhere the other day that Carl's Jr. beat Wendys and several others in blind taste tests. Don't know, never had one. However, I have eaten my share of Monster biscuits at Carl's.

stoops the eternal pimp
8/27/2012, 04:03 PM
I read somewhere the other day that Carl's Jr. beat Wendys and several others in blind taste tests. Don't know, never had one. However, I have eaten my share of Monster biscuits at Carl's.

LIES!

rock on sooner
8/27/2012, 04:11 PM
Love Padma...almost makes me want to go to a Carl's Jr to buy one....but then I remember they are terrible and I can make a better burger at home.

Looks ta me like it weren't no 6 dollar burger she wuz sellin'...
Don't have Carl's up this way. The rage here is all the
businesses using the owner to sell..."I personally guarantee it."
Really bad commercials pitched by really bad pitchmen...

BetterSoonerThanLater
8/27/2012, 06:50 PM
any commercial with the sham-wow guy or the oxy clean ****. i've never wanted to strap a block of C-4 to my tv more than when i watch that ****...maybe when i hear ESPiN talk about tebow or SUC...but it's close

SoonerAtKU
8/28/2012, 02:08 PM
Still nasty. Bet her coochie smells like onions and ketchup.

Only one way to find out...

be Salman Rushdie.

ouleaf
8/28/2012, 03:56 PM
Beginning to rethink my position on Carl's Junior.....Damn :hot:

http://youtu.be/ZZjo6Ffc4qc

ouwasp
8/29/2012, 11:44 AM
Another type of comm'l I don't like are the ones touting the various Native American tribes... they are sooooooo long and boring. Do they think people really listen to those folks brag about how great their heritage is in a mumbling monotone with a black background? Guaranteed channel changer when those pop up.

olevetonahill
8/29/2012, 12:01 PM
Ones I hate are the ones the business owner makes them selves and use their dumbassed little kids in

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
8/29/2012, 08:54 PM
Anything from one of those POS Super Pacs! The friggin' Supreme Court got it SO wrong!

SoonerStormchaser
8/29/2012, 09:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAQjF5RPgbg

SanJoaquinSooner
8/29/2012, 11:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAQjF5RPgbg

how much is shipping and handling?

SoonerLaw09
8/30/2012, 12:14 PM
Another type of comm'l I don't like are the ones touting the various Native American tribes... they are sooooooo long and boring. Do they think people really listen to those folks brag about how great their heritage is in a mumbling monotone with a black background? Guaranteed channel changer when those pop up.

Right with you on that one. I simply do not get why, in the last few years, certain Indian tribes have felt the need to pour millions of dollars into massive PR campaigns to advertise to their own people how great it is to be a whatever they are. A friend of mine thinks it has to do with the water rights litigation, or maybe with the Indian Cultural museum or whatever that monstrosity next to I-40 is. But I really can't see the relevance to either. It's fine to be proud of your heritage, but that sure is an expensive way to go about it. And annoying to us palefaces.

Jerk
9/4/2012, 12:43 PM
It's Good Mood Food.

WTF

Jerk
9/4/2012, 12:53 PM
Not annoying
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUdMEe4DmyQ