PDA

View Full Version : National Rankings by Offense/Defense/Position

IronHorseSooner
8/26/2012, 12:35 PM
http://cfn.scout.com/2/1214386.html

I was actually thinking about this the other day, and I have gleaned them specifically for the Big XII, along with the #1 nationally. Since they have been hyped so much, WVU's offense will be abbreviated TGOE (The Greatest Offense Ever) :suspicion: and Texas will be called the 70's Steelers, since a lot of analysts think that's how great they are :rolleyes

Offense Overall:
1. USC

3. OU
4. TGOE
9. Okie Lite

QB:
1. OU
6. TGOE
8. K State

I would replace K State with TCU. I like Klein, but who is their back-up? TCU had a highly recruited guy as theirs behind Paschal.

RB:
1. Wisky

6. Okie Lite
7. TCU (huh?)
10. Texas

I agree with OSU. After that I am puzzled. Why TCU, and why are we in the 30s/40s? We have the best FB, and three veteran RBs. I believe that Texas has the most hyped set of RBs, but it will be hard for them to do anything, since NOBODY will respect their QB play.

WR/TE:
1. USC

2. TGOE
4. OU
5. Baylor (?)
6. Texas (?)
10. OSU (?)

TGOE does have an outstanding set of receivers, and we will be solid, but Baylor? Am I missing something? Just because you have a receiver who is related to go a good receiver (Shipley) doesn't mean you have a good receiving corps. BTW, how are they going to get significant receptions when their QBs flat out stink? OSU? Who do they have left?

OL:
1. 'Bama

6. Texas(?)
9. OU

Okay, I get that maybe we don't have the best OL in the league with our losses, but why Texas? Their OL is like a sieve. I'm sorry, but I think that we and OSU are still a great bit ahead of Texas.

Defense:
1. 'Bama

2. 70's Steelers
7. OU

I still don't get the love for these guys. They had a five loss season, and they were torched by us (and we took it easy on them), OSU, Baylor, and K State. This is pure hype.

DL:
1. LSU

4. 70's Steelers
15. OU

They are good on the ends, but who is in the middle? My predicition- by the time of the RRR, OU will have the best DL in the league. Until Jeffcoat can stay disciplined and stop from getting dominated from the likes of Lane Johnson (no offense to him), we will be better.

LB:
1. 'Bama

3. 70's Steelers
10. OU

Again, just why are they that high? Hicks is good, but who else do they have? I might have missed something. While I think we need to get more consistent, UT's isn't any better. At least we have 4 guys who have been starters.

DB:
1. 70's Steelers
5. OU

These are the same guys who annually get beaten by Kenny Stills and Jaz Reynolds. I think Vaccarro is Stills's personal beyonce. Also, while we have a veteran corps back there, I need to see it in action. My prediction, by the RRR- we will have the best set of DBs in the league.

ST:
1. LSU (really, no Honey Badger, and they are still there?)

5. Okie Lite
6. K State (huh?)
10. OU

I agree that Okie Lite will be really good with Quinn "One Man Gang" Sharp and Gilbert as a returner, but why K State? Lockett is a good returner, but Way and Hunnicutt outperformed their guys last year. I agree that while our top 3 kickers (Hunnicutt, Way, and O'Hara) are really good at what they do, and that Brown should be an immediate threat in the return game, I need to see our KO coverage and return teams actually do something.

A good thing about this is that their is a belief that we are solid (Top 15) in every grouping (except RB for some reason). Thoughts?

MamaMia
8/26/2012, 02:45 PM
That will all change once the teams take the field.

85sooners
8/26/2012, 05:17 PM
Are the 70 steelers gonna have terrible towels in the cotton bowl when ou plays them?