PDA

View Full Version : Bob will pass Bud...

8timechamps
8/25/2012, 08:02 PM
With six more wins. So, assuming all things go as planned, it will be a home game against Kansas (just missed the RRR by a game), Coach Stoops will pass Coach Wilkinson in wins while at OU. Still a couple of more season's before his approaches King status though:

1. Barry Switzer 157-29-4
2. Bud Wilkinson 145-29-4
3. Bob Stoops 139-34-0
4. Bennie Owen 122-54-16
5. Chuck Fairbanks 52-15-1

85sooners
8/25/2012, 08:40 PM
Nice!!

Stooper
8/25/2012, 09:15 PM
We are lucky to have him.

Wishboned
8/25/2012, 09:48 PM
I'm hoping after the last game of this season he only has to win 6 more to pass the King.

Jacie
8/25/2012, 10:15 PM
Did anyone happen to chronicle when Bob passed The King in losses?

This discussion reminds me of an interview with the late Micky Mantle on a similar topic. Someone mentioned to Micky that Reggie Jackson had passed him on the career homeruns list and Micky quipped that no one said a thing a couple of years before when Reggie passed him in career strike outs . . .

Salt City Sooner
8/26/2012, 02:02 AM
KU would tie him w/ Bud. In a little bit of irony, (assuming no prior losses) he'd actually pass Bud with a win over none other than Notre Dame.

olevetonahill
8/26/2012, 02:30 AM
KU would tie him w/ Bud. In a little bit of irony, (assuming no prior losses) he'd actually pass Bud with a win over none other than Notre Dame.

Yup and a Home game at that, That place gonna be LOUD

8timechamps
8/26/2012, 02:33 PM

Good catch SLS. I had 6 wins on the brain.

8timechamps
8/26/2012, 02:35 PM

This discussion reminds me of an interview with the late Micky Mantle on a similar topic. Someone mentioned to Micky that Reggie Jackson had passed him on the career homeruns list and Micky quipped that no one said a thing a couple of years before when Reggie passed him in career strike outs . . .

But then you have to figure that somewhere along the way, in a handful of Stoops 34 losses, they could have ended in a tie. Boise State for sure, but I wonder if there were no overtime, if different decisions would have been made in an effort to tie the game.

PLaw
8/26/2012, 02:41 PM
That's cool, but I'll get a lot more excited when Bobby passes Bud and Barry in the National Championship ring category.

Glad Bob is our coach.

BOOMER

budbarrybob
8/26/2012, 02:55 PM
My top 3 favorite Sooners! :D

cvsooner
8/27/2012, 11:22 AM

This discussion reminds me of an interview with the late Micky Mantle on a similar topic. Someone mentioned to Micky that Reggie Jackson had passed him on the career homeruns list and Micky quipped that no one said a thing a couple of years before when Reggie passed him in career strike outs . . . Just offhand, without researching this a whole bunch, I think it was the Mizzou game in 2010. OSEwe was 34, Baylor 33, Tech 32, A & M 31, Mizzou 30. So...what, Nebbish tied their loss records the year before? Am I remembering right?