PDA

View Full Version : I think I've heard & read enough about USC to last a lifetime...MAKE IT STOP, ALREADY

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
8/25/2012, 02:15 PM
I turned on ESPeNis a while ago, and they started on how great the condom will be this year, and how they have SUCH talent, & yadda yaddfa, & blah blah blah...

Not to mention them a little later talking about Alabama, and how their recruits are ALL in the top 5 or 6 at their position IN THE COUNTRY.

OU had better win another NC pretty soon, so we can make it easier on ourselves by acquiring more top talent.

SoonerinSouthlake
8/25/2012, 02:22 PM
plug your ears or turn off ESPN. Until we are beating B12 foes 77-0 again (and probably even after we win #8) ESPN wont give us near the time of day they give an even average SUC or Bama squad.

Bama will drop a game or 2 in the SEC and some average PAC squad will dump on SUC. But ESPN still loves on 'em while they give us a quick mention

SoonerBread
8/25/2012, 03:29 PM
plug your ears or turn off ESPN. Until we are beating B12 foes 77-0 again (and probably even after we win #8) ESPN wont give us near the time of day they give an even average SUC or Bama squad.

Bama will drop a game or 2 in the SEC and some average PAC squad will dump on SUC. But ESPN still loves on 'em while they give us a quick mention

+1

85sooners
8/25/2012, 03:57 PM
Fight on!

Jacie
8/25/2012, 10:30 PM
Here's a little SC news you might enjoy reading.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2012-08-25/usc-cornerback-isiah-wiley-academically-ineligible

Dan Thompson
8/25/2012, 11:07 PM
You should live in SoCal.

PLaw
8/26/2012, 11:33 AM
I turned on ESPeNis a while ago, and they started on how great the condom will be this year, and how they have SUCH talent, & yadda yaddfa, & blah blah blah...

Not to mention them a little later talking about Alabama, and how their recruits are ALL in the top 5 or 6 at their position IN THE COUNTRY.

OU had better win another NC pretty soon, so we can make it easier on ourselves by acquiring more top talent.

Lighten up - OU got the same attention last year. SUC is about 2-3 injuries away from a 3-4 loss campaign. Then see how fast the national media turns their attention East. If the football gods lets them survive, then we should pick a new sport to follow because evil will have triumphed.

Boomer

8/26/2012, 11:54 AM
Lighten up - OU got the same attention last year. SUC is about 2-3 injuries away from a 3-4 loss campaign. Then see how fast the national media turns their attention East. If the football gods lets them survive, then we should pick a new sport to follow because evil will have triumphed.

BoomerWhen did you see me complain, evar, about OU getting TOO MUCH media attention? Last year? The media has love for usuc, the SEC, SEC, SEC, the domer, tx cows, the Big 10(esp meatchicken), and all we can get is pi*s-poor refs.

BoulderSooner79
8/26/2012, 12:43 PM
OU gets plenty of media attention including from ESPN. Many thought it was too much last year, but as the saying goes, some folks will complain when hung by a new rope. Top teams always get the spotlight and as the money in the sport piles up, it can only go more that way.

StoopTroup
8/26/2012, 01:03 PM
There's money in sports.

Wow. :D

I heard a rumor SUC was a private school like Notre Dame.

marfacowboy
8/26/2012, 01:23 PM
Frankly, I'm happy they're getting all the attention and we aren't.

8/26/2012, 05:38 PM
OU gets plenty of media attention including from ESPN. Many thought it was too much last year, but as the saying goes, some folks will complain when hung by a new rope. Top teams always get the spotlight and as the money in the sport piles up, it can only go more that way.Well, ESPeNis had the special shows about OU last yr. but we got bigheaded about it, and had multiple mental lapses throughout the year, FWIW. I still enjoyed the publicity. They DO seem to favor the money, though. USUC, TX Cows, the huge SEC and esp Big 10 markets. Being a Sooner fan, just saying I don't like hearing all about how great the enemies are. Sue me for complaining, already.

bluedogok
8/26/2012, 07:41 PM
I used to watch ESPN all the time, now about the only time that I watch it when there is an actual event on that I want to watch. I do like the Sunday NFL pre-game show, that is about the only non-event that I watch on there.

Soonermagik
8/26/2012, 08:49 PM
I think its the kiss of death for them. USC has a fairly soft schedule if I remember right. The problem for SC is they hardly have any depth due to the scholarship reductions, so if they get any injuries it could be over quickly for them.

BoulderSooner79
8/26/2012, 09:11 PM
... Being a Sooner fan, just saying I don't like hearing all about how great the enemies are. Sue me for complaining, already.

No cause to bring out the lawyers. But if you like hearing the greatness of OU, but complain about it for all the non-OU teams it's just a wash for all the homers of other teams that don't want to hear about OU. What is ESPN or any other media supposed to do? I'm with you that I find hype tedious (think honey badger), but I want to know the reasons behind the hype of potential competition. And I'd like to think OU will be competition on a national level most years. I hear all I need to hear about OU because I seek out the info. I rely on the media for info on other teams because I'm not going to make an effort to dig it out myself. I guess ESPN caters to my type because I'm only interested in OU/Big12/top national teams in that order. It's hard for me to care about Cal (just up the road from me), but I do want the 411 on USC. I would like it with less hype, but that's the only available format.

MamaMia
8/27/2012, 07:08 AM
The least amount we hear about OU, the smaller target we have on our backs. In the meantime, if you want to hear or read about OU stuff, there's plenty of it out there.

XingTheRubicon
8/27/2012, 07:13 AM
We were ESPN darlings last year...then promptly lost to tceh at home.

8/27/2012, 11:30 AM
No cause to bring out the lawyers. But if you like hearing the greatness of OU, but complain about it for all the non-OU teams it's just a wash for all the homers of other teams that don't want to hear about OU. What is ESPN or any other media supposed to do? I'm with you that I find hype tedious (think honey badger), but I want to know the reasons behind the hype of potential competition. And I'd like to think OU will be competition on a national level most years. I hear all I need to hear about OU because I seek out the info. I rely on the media for info on other teams because I'm not going to make an effort to dig it out myself. I guess ESPN caters to my type because I'm only interested in OU/Big12/top national teams in that order. It's hard for me to care about Cal (just up the road from me), but I do want the 411 on USC. I would like it with less hype, but that's the only available format.Good news about other teams bores me to tears, or aggravates. I want the accolades for recruiting purposes. It's an ongoing battle, til death do us part.

badger
8/27/2012, 11:31 AM
Fight on!

http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_full_width/hash/c4/6e/FlameOn.jpg

NMSooner'80
8/27/2012, 12:25 PM
I've always believed that ESPN has a thing for USC because the Condoms are Team Hollywood. And, ESPN types seem to think they're part of the Hollywood scene themselves, hence the bias.

The Condoms are getting a ton of mileage out of the Oregon game. But they also got whacked by Arizona State in Tempe by three TD's as well. They also stunk it up against Minnesota, which lost at home to NMSU, in their home opener.

BoulderSooner79
8/27/2012, 12:36 PM
USC wasn't getting much hype a couple of years ago when they went to the emerald nut bowl or some such (Petey's last year before abandoning ship). They get cred this season because they started slow last year but improved the whole year and finished strong by beating the Ducks in Eugene. Sort of the opposite of what OU did. The fact we are starting in almost everyone's top 5 after ending with a whimper shows the respect that Bob Stoops has earned (and bumped by Mike's return). The OU brand is still very strong and we still get the rankings nod when compared to other teams.

MamaMia
8/27/2012, 01:51 PM
Good news about other teams bores me to tears, or aggravates. I want the accolades for recruiting purposes. It's an ongoing battle, til death do us part.If they take care of business, and not lose any games, the attention will follow.

8/27/2012, 02:03 PM
If they take care of business, and not lose any games, the attention will follow.Well, yeah, but we can use some recruiting help, since we aren't based in a heavily populated state with lots of local talent, nor live by the sea, with near perfect weather, and movie starlets to aid us.

We all get it that the last time we got a NC, we were not respected by the media, and snuck up on nearly everyone. Maybe Mike and Kish can help on D.

BOOOOMERRRRR!!!!!

SOFSooner
8/27/2012, 03:40 PM
Try working in Africa with a die hard Condom fan, who thinks that the sun rises and sets on the condoms. All I have to do is look at the OU flag displayed on the wall behind my desk with Toby Keith's signature on it and just smile. I told him they could have the same experience that OU had with Sam Bradford, have great expectations with a great Heisman quarterback and he gets hurt in the first game and the season isn't so promising anymore. I tell him only time will tell, it is better to be rated #1 at the end of the season than at the first. BOOMER SOONER!!!!!!!!

sendbaht
8/27/2012, 05:38 PM
I grew up in Southren Cal...great place to be a kid in the 50s and 60s. But living there and being a Sooner Fan...well lets just say I too get sick of all the USC love. Now living in asia where there are no USC fans, well not many anyway. GO SOONERS!!!!!!