PDA

View Full Version : Brody suspension

swardboy
8/24/2012, 10:52 AM
Pardon me, but I searched and I searched the forum over and didn't see anything on Brody Eldridge's four game suspension in the NFL. Due to taking PED. No wonder he was unloaded by Indianapolis, but the fact that he's still hanging on with the Rams perhaps bodes well for him. ?

Brody Eldridge, St. Louis Rams TE, suspended four games
NFL.com
Published: July 2, 2012 at 08:43 p.m. Updated: July 26, 2012 at 08:14 p.m.

St. Louis Rams tight end Brody Eldridge has been suspended without pay for the first four games of the 2012 regular season for violating the NFL's policy on performance-enhancing substances, a league spokesman confirmed to NFL.com and NFL Network on Monday.

Howard Balzer of The Sports Xchange initially reported the suspension earlier Monday.

According to the league spokesman, Eldridge will be able to participate in all offseason and preseason practices and games. The Rams can add him to their active roster the Monday after a Sept. 30 matchup with the Seattle Seahawks.

The Rams acquired Eldridge on waivers this offseason after he spent two seasons with the Indianapolis Colts. He had 14 catches for 84 yards in that time.

I saw a lot of Brody in last Saturday night's game against KC.

thunderfan
8/24/2012, 10:55 AM
He'll end up cut.

badger
8/24/2012, 01:08 PM
He is suspended four regular season games if he makes the roster.

The Rams started with 8 tight ends, so he was in for a huge competition, regardless.

However, we here all know what Sammie's receiver situation looked like last season. If you can catch the ball, you are already overqualified to play for the Rams :mad:

swardboy
8/24/2012, 02:38 PM
I'm hopeful for him because the Rams are making a huge effort to run the ball this year. Brody's a blocking beast if nothing else. He did a lot of motion last week ending up making key blocks.

85sooners
8/24/2012, 02:44 PM
Brody will make the team

badger
8/24/2012, 03:43 PM
I'm hopeful for him because the Rams are making a huge effort to run the ball this year. Brody's a blocking beast if nothing else. He did a lot of motion last week ending up making key blocks.

Hope he wasn't just a blocking beast due to PEDs. I tend to side with a Sooner though, so he probably just took some medication or supplements that contained banned substances without realizing it.

And Sammie needs all of the blocking help he can get. Sackie sack sack sack. If you can block you are overqualified to play for the Rams. If you can block AND catch... play for the Packers! :P

85sooners
8/24/2012, 09:44 PM
Sam will pick apart the packers!!