PDA

View Full Version : Why would you hypnotize a Poke quarterback?

badger
8/23/2012, 09:59 AM
OSU hypnotizes its quarterbacks. (http://newsok.com/oklahoma-state-football-why-osu-hypnotizes-its-quarterbacks/article/3703342)

Because octogenarians shouldn't be playing college football.

olevetonahill
8/23/2012, 10:02 AM
To wean em of their Sheep habit during season?

MsProudSooner
8/23/2012, 10:22 AM
To help them overcome the trauma of living in Stillwater.

CowboyMRW
8/23/2012, 10:32 AM
It's great visualization techniques. Half the battle of winning is visualizing it.

I don't know who all has been hypnotized before, but I have, and it took every bit of stress that I had away. It was the greatest feeling. Plus 2 hours of hypnosis is equal to a full 8 hours of sleep.

KantoSooner
8/23/2012, 10:35 AM
Hypno-therapy can be highly effective in curbing compulsive behavior. You might be familiar with the results in helping people to stop smoking.
In this case, who knows what socially unacceptable, filthy, disgusting, perverse, inhuman, beastial, unsanitary, compulsive behaviors they're trying to avoid.
When dealing with pokes, the number of viable alternatives is virtually limitless.

The barnyard animals are, however, grateful for the concern.

olevetonahill
8/23/2012, 10:37 AM
But did it help keep ya outta the sheep barn?

CowboyMRW
8/23/2012, 12:59 PM
But did it help keep ya outta the sheep barn?

I was partial to the equestrian barn myself.

KantoSooner
8/23/2012, 01:14 PM
So that was YOU on the famous video? Wow! Honored to know you.

(Let's be clear that I didn't mean 'know' in the biblical sense.)

baja okla
8/23/2012, 01:47 PM
Now keep yur eyes on the sparkly thang and repeet after me...Stillwater is a purty place and we do have a chance to beat Kansas.

85sooners
8/23/2012, 02:28 PM
Horse pumpers!

BoomerJ
8/23/2012, 02:31 PM
When the Poke quarterback woke up his stress was gone, but he was bewildered to why his pants were down.

olevetonahill
8/23/2012, 02:39 PM
I was partial to the equestrian barn myself.

So yer sayin it werked .

Flagstaffsooner
8/23/2012, 02:49 PM
"Aggie, imagine that booger in your nose. The one you can't quite reach with your finger. But as time goes on it will grow bigger, and when you beat Savannah State it will be big enough to eat."

picasso
8/23/2012, 04:49 PM
It's great visualization techniques. Half the battle of winning is visualizing it.

I don't know who all has been hypnotized before, but I have, and it took every bit of stress that I had away. It was the greatest feeling. Plus 2 hours of hypnosis is equal to a full 8 hours of sleep.
It's hard to argue with the Poke success last year, sans Iowa State, but I swear you would defend your Orange Aggie if you guys joined Ze Germans.

Sheesh man.

MountainOkie
8/23/2012, 05:38 PM
Hmmmm, hypnotizing your players. Creepy. Lounge act kinda creepy, but still creepy.

usmc-sooner
8/23/2012, 06:32 PM
I think you gotta be pretty weak minded to be hypnotized. When I was in the Marines we had a guy come out to put on a show. He kept trying to hypnotize us. Nobody but a few went with it. We later asked the few who did do all the stupid stuff, if it was for real. They said no just effing around.

CowboyMRW
8/24/2012, 09:23 AM
It's hard to argue with the Poke success last year, sans Iowa State, but I swear you would defend your Orange Aggie if you guys joined Ze Germans.

Sheesh man.

Bro, I am German. :)

But, I would on 98 percent of things. I've been critical of a few things about the athletic program in the past, not many but a few, but I really only remember vehemently defending JB 2 years ago.

CowboyMRW
8/24/2012, 09:27 AM
I think you gotta be pretty weak minded to be hypnotized. When I was in the Marines we had a guy come out to put on a show. He kept trying to hypnotize us. Nobody but a few went with it. We later asked the few who did do all the stupid stuff, if it was for real. They said no just effing around.

You have to want to be hypnotized and be calm enough to go into the trance. I did it for a show at FFA Alumni camp, and then again my senior year at after prom. I wanted to go under both times and I had a blast.

jk the sooner fan
8/24/2012, 09:57 AM
http://culture.com/image_lib/5786_02_thumb.jpg

picasso
8/24/2012, 05:21 PM
Bro, I am German. :)

But, I would on 98 percent of things. I've been critical of a few things about the athletic program in the past, not many but a few, but I really only remember vehemently defending JB 2 years ago.

Ha! Ok, then the Bolshevicks!

I Am Right
8/24/2012, 05:53 PM
Orange made him puke!

SoonerBorn85
8/24/2012, 09:07 PM
"Aggie, imagine that booger in your nose. The one you can't quite reach with your finger. But as time goes on it will grow bigger, and when you beat Savannah State it will be big enough to eat."

Chase Daniel is a hypnotist now?