PDA

View Full Version : Opening 'Activity' page

ouflak
8/23/2012, 01:58 AM
Is there anyway to have our default page just be the list of the forums? Having this activity page open means one extra click to get to the forums, and frankly, I'm not really interested in what the latest posts on most of these forums were anyway except for the Football forum and the vBetting forum.

nighttrain12
8/25/2012, 12:52 PM
Is there anyway to have our default page just be the list of the forums? Having this activity page open means one extra click to get to the forums, and frankly, I'm not really interested in what the latest posts on most of these forums we anyway except for the Football forum and the vBetting forum.

I agree, I don't like the default opening page and I didn't see anything in my profile to change it.

SoonerBread
8/25/2012, 01:52 PM
Sucks

ouflak
9/5/2012, 09:50 AM
Anybody paying attention here? I have to move this thread to the Mod forum...

olevetonahill
9/5/2012, 10:06 AM
When I open SF it goes straight to the forums page
I think cause thats what I bookmarked

sooner_born_1960
9/5/2012, 10:13 AM
Vet, that's the solution everyone is looking for. Good job.

olevetonahill
9/5/2012, 10:33 AM
Vet, that's the solution everyone is looking for. Good job.

I are be a GeneeUs

ouflak
9/7/2012, 03:54 AM
That's just not quite satisfactory. I use the pull-down to get to Soonerfans. That address there is simply http://www.soonerfans.com/ and I don't think I can edit this (atleast not without editing my registry, which seems like overkill). Using my bookmarks means the same extra click. I just want to go to the Soonerfans forum and be right at the forums. The recent activity page could be nice little option on the top bar for those genuinely interested in whatever has been posted in the politics forum or wherever.

ouflak
9/7/2012, 04:00 AM
Ok, found a solution to this for Firefox anyway. Just fiddled around with the directions here (http://johnbokma.com/firefox/cleaning-up-address-bar-firefox.html) to get the direct forum address into my drop-down (also allowed me to clean up a few garbage links in there as well which was nice). Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a way to sort the list. So Soonerfans is now at the bottom of my drop-down, which somehow seems wrong. Anyway....

nighttrain12
9/9/2012, 09:37 PM
I've got way too many links saved in my browser and since SoonerFans Dot Com is so easy to remember, I just type it in every time to get here. Having the activity show up first is a little irritating. Apparently the forum administrators changed the link recently.

olevetonahill
9/10/2012, 05:28 AM
Bro, Im crackin up here, You really complaining about ONE extry Mouse click? Really? You aint kidding us are you?ONE extry mouse click???:very_drunk:

olevetonahill
9/10/2012, 05:33 AM
Use This then
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/forum.php

ouflak
9/10/2012, 02:18 PM
Carpel tunnel can be very subtle. Plus I've just gotten spoiled being to just be at the forum.

olevetonahill
9/10/2012, 02:29 PM
Carpel tunnel can be very subtle. lus I've just gotten spoiled being to just be at the forum.

heh, I love a Lazy bastage like myself :very_drunk:

Phil
9/17/2012, 05:21 PM
I thought I had that fixed before anybody complained about it. I will look at it again to see if I can get rid of it.