PDA

View Full Version : Well, time for that thread....

JLEW1818
8/22/2012, 08:00 PM
Last weekend before kickoff... What are the plans?

Heading to the bay. Drink, grill, fish, golf, watch the stars at night.

olevetonahill
8/22/2012, 08:34 PM
Ima Proll Drank a Lot and watch a Lot of football

MamaMia
8/22/2012, 09:16 PM
I'm sleeping in and having a grownups only no muss no fuss day. I'll make my husbands favorite brunch (Eggs Benedict sprinkled with a little caviar, steamed fresh asparagus on the side, served with red or black grapes and a glass of champagne) Two other couples are joining us at 6:00ish to swim and munch. I'll make some light hors d'oeuvres; nothing heavy. Before kickoff we'll have a simple dinner. We'll grill some burgers and fresh buttered pineapple rings to go with the potato salad and baked beans that I will make the night before. Then we'll just kick back and watch the game.

iNFoRMaLiTY
8/22/2012, 09:20 PM
Stationed in Afghanistan at this present time. So I hope we get to watch any football at all ;-)

ouwasp
8/22/2012, 09:36 PM
Last weekend before football, wife and I will probably hit some flea mkt/antique type places. August seems to last around 45 days long...

BoulderSooner79
8/22/2012, 09:45 PM
Whew! I thought you were going to start a playoff thread.

I'll probably ride my bike about 100 miles this weekend.

Stooper
8/22/2012, 09:53 PM
Going to some friends house with our kids. Gonna let them play while we watch the game and then crash at their house. Good Times. Boomer Sooner!!

soonersweetie
8/22/2012, 09:56 PM
Goin to do some last minute ”football” cleaning. some people spring clean, I football clean, lol.

Not a whole lot of deep cleaning gets done during football weekends. :-)

We might take our boat out n go fishing as well, weather permitting.

TahoeSOONER
8/22/2012, 10:02 PM
I'll find a big blue body of water to dip my balls in.

MamaMia
8/22/2012, 10:32 PM
Oh...this is not about football weekend but this weekend. Okay, so I'm doing the same ole thing I do almost every weekend. Run errands, clean the house, wash the car and truck, wash the doggy condos that go in my car, do the laundry, the ironing and garden. This weekend I plan to get my suitcases out and make sure I have all the non clothes items packed and ready to go on the 8th. We might take a drive out to Boiling Springs to feed the deer at sunset, watch some TV, listen to some music. We'll probably go out to dinner so I don't have to cook after all that housework. Thats about it.

JLEW1818
8/22/2012, 11:17 PM
Yes, this thread is about what you are doing this weekend, which is the last weekend before kickoff weekend.

IronHorseSooner
8/22/2012, 11:21 PM
Going to take my wife to the Colorado state fair to go see my friend and fellow OU fan Keith "Keifer" Thompson and his wife (aka Thompson Square) in concert...

SOFSooner
8/22/2012, 11:50 PM
Going to spend the third to last weekend in Djibouti, Africa before I redeploy home to retire from army and trying to find out if the OU game is being televised on AFN next weekend.

hawaii 5-0
8/23/2012, 12:22 AM
Find another waterfall.

5-0

hawaii 5-0
8/23/2012, 12:24 AM
Going to take my wife to the Colorado state fair to go see my friend and fellow OU fan Keith "Keifer" Thompson and his wife (aka Thompson Square) in concert...

They're comin to Hawaii in September backing up Lady A and Darius Rucker.

Unfortunately I'll be Oklahoma. Or fortunately I'll be in Oklahoma.

5-0

85sooners
8/23/2012, 02:15 AM
Go to the lake and party

olevetonahill
8/23/2012, 04:36 AM
Yes, this thread is about what you are doing this weekend, which is the last weekend before kickoff weekend.

Ima still prolly drank a lot and watch some football.

I got games recorded plus theres the nfl preseason stuff

prrriiide
8/23/2012, 06:40 AM
My weekend begins today with Round 1 of the Knoxville Open. John Daly plays every year, so I get to see him abuse some poor hapless golf balls. Tomorrow, not so good - going to the orthopedist to tell him he didn't fix my knee right the first time and it still hurts like a SOB. Prolly drankin tomorrow night. Brewing an October Red Ale (American Amber Ale with German malts and yeast combined with American hops, in case you're wondering) on Saturday in honor of the RRR. Hope to crack it open at kickoff. Saturday night drankin, Sunday, going swimmin at the friend's house and drankin. Pretty normal weekend 'cept for the golf tourney.

MrJimBeam
8/23/2012, 07:00 AM
Club Championship this weekend.

stoops the eternal pimp
8/23/2012, 08:24 AM
I'm gonna poop a lot.

JLEW1818
8/23/2012, 10:21 AM
I'm gonna poop a lot.

yummy

stoops the eternal pimp
8/23/2012, 10:24 AM
lamb fries on tyler st.

AZSOONER
8/23/2012, 11:39 AM
Headed to Baton Rouge for work.

70sooner
8/23/2012, 12:18 PM
Stationed in Afghanistan at this present time. So I hope we get to watch any football at all ;-)

Going to spend the third to last weekend in Djibouti, Africa before I redeploy home to retire from army and trying to find out if the OU game is being televised on AFN next weekend.

to both of you, thank you for your contirbutions to keeping us all safer.

Stay safe youselves and I hope you both get home soon to your families and friends!

VA Sooner
8/23/2012, 12:49 PM
I'm sleeping in and having a grownups only no muss no fuss day. I'll make my husbands favorite brunch (Eggs Benedict sprinkled with a little caviar, steamed fresh asparagus on the side, served with red or black grapes and a glass of champagne) Two other couples are joining us at 6:00ish to swim and munch. I'll make some light hors d'oeuvres; nothing heavy. Before kickoff we'll have a simple dinner. We'll grill some burgers and fresh buttered pineapple rings to go with the potato salad and baked beans that I will make the night before. Then we'll just kick back and watch the game.

Wow! Sounds like I'm going to try to get myself invited to MamaMia's house. I'm sure the hubby won't mind an extra Sooner Fan at the breakfast table. :tan:

baja okla
8/23/2012, 01:43 PM
Well if it's not breakfast at MamaMia's house then I might just get out the old TiVO of the last two Texas games. I'm kinda at a fever pitch here and that may calm me down.

StoopTroup
8/23/2012, 01:55 PM
Find a Hotel on Priceline for my trip to El Paso

Also donate some champagne and Caviar to the Food Bank.

swardboy
8/23/2012, 02:02 PM
Well if it's not breakfast at MamaMia's house then I might just get out the old TiVO of the last two Texas games. I'm kinda at a fever pitch here and that may calm me down.

No, it's just gonna work you up into a HIGH fever pitch.

MamaMia
8/23/2012, 02:16 PM
My good weekend is for game day. I was confused. I must explain that this weekend I'll be up to my Playtex gloved wrists in cleaning fluid soaked rags and a mop handle. I am not looking forward to it. I'm getting an early start today with the light switches, fixtures and vents. My darling husband has a Honey-Do list waiting for him that includes cleaning the ceiling fans and crystal chandelier, the pool, helping with the car and doggy condos and the outside windows, so the next nicer weekend, he will have earned. Any of you willing to help us this Saturday are welcome to next weekends Saturday brunch. I have a few weeds in the gardens that need pulling that I don't know we'll get to. I'm kind of like Soonersweetie in that I do about a third of my deep cleaning in the Spring, a third right before football season and the last third right before Thanksgiving. :)

SoonerinSouthlake
8/25/2012, 03:25 PM

to both of you, thank you for your contirbutions to keeping us all safer.

Stay safe youselves and I hope you both get home soon to your families and friends!

true dat! Come home safe men...and thank you

sooneron
8/25/2012, 10:27 PM
Packed up and heading out to MTK at 7am for 4 nights. Beach, booze, rinse, repeat...

C&CDean
8/26/2012, 12:11 PM
Went shopping with momma to buy a bunch of new OU paraphernalia for the deck at the lake house.

Filled up the deer feeders, set up the firing range, set up the game cameras, and shot an armadillo.

Zeroed in my new Remington R-15. What a sweet shooting little piece.

Fixin' to watch the Cardinals beat the POS Reds here in a minute.

okiewaker
8/26/2012, 01:38 PM
Mow, cookout, enjoy the rain.