PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday poll: Which Big 12 team will have the most embarrassing loss of the season?

badger
8/22/2012, 02:10 PM
James Madison beat Virginia Tech.

Appalachian State defeated Michigan.

Which Big 12 opponent will have a loss so epic that they'll be talking about it endlessly afterward on Sportscenter, College Gameday AND the Internets?

You have one day to vote. After that one day is over, we'll be back to deciding our Big 12 pecking order.

You can vote for more than one. I am talking about EMBARRASSING losses here, not "Gah, KU lost to a ranked opponent again, gah"

You cannot change your vote once it has been cast. Why? Because the board says so. I don't dictate the rules, people.

Your votes are anonymous. I find that more people participate in polls if they don't have to answer for their votes if they don't wanna.

Bonus points if you say which team will hand the Big 12 opponent the embarrassing loss.

badger
8/22/2012, 02:12 PM
Here are schedules (http://www.big12sports.com/SportSelect.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=10410&SPID=13139&SPSID=106580) to help you out.

goingoneight
8/22/2012, 02:15 PM
Hard to say. A bad team losing a game is funny and embarrassing at the same time. OU losing to Tech last year was way worse than any other BIG 12 team's loss when you consider the facts.

Fraggle145
8/22/2012, 02:18 PM
Until we prove otherwise, I'm voting for us. I still think we'll win the Big 12-2-2+1+1. But we'll **** the bed somewhere.

Hope I'm wrong.

SoonerAtKU
8/22/2012, 02:22 PM
I think Texas might lose to Iowa State at home, which would be tough. I also think it would be funny if WVU lost their last game of the regular season to Kansas.

badger
8/22/2012, 02:26 PM
Baylor will be embarrassed to all (Baptist) hell by losing its season opener to SMU.

I don't see ISU having an outright embarrassing loss.

KU will lose to one of its creampuff non-conference opponents (Rice, North Ill or South Dakota State), embarrassing it more than it already had been under Turner Gill.

I don't see KSU having an outright embarrassing loss.

OU, unfortunately, will lose at some point this year, and any loss for a top five program is embarrassing. If you put a gun to my head to name which one I think it'll be, I'll say @Morgantown. Many couches will die in this battle. :(

The Pokes will be embarrassed in defeat at Arizona.

Baylor will avenge it's TCU loss last year... embarrassing TCU in the process.

Texas is just an outright embarrassment right now. Gun to head? We will beat them by at least four touchdowns, crushing their burnt orange souls.

Texas Tech does not have the standing to be embarrassed in defeat unless it's against a non-conf, which I don't think they will.

KSU is going to upset WVU in Morgantown, because that's the way Old Man Snyder rolls. WVU will be highly ranked at the time, making the loss embarrassing. Couches will probably die.

BoulderSooner79
8/22/2012, 02:31 PM
There are so many folks on this board that believe any OU loss is embarrassing, that choice should be deleted from the poll.

Reason for edit: Zero information content.

;)

badger
8/23/2012, 08:26 AM
There are so many folks on this board that believe any OU loss is embarrassing, that choice should be deleted from the poll.

Reason for edit: Zero information content.

;)

It depends... do you think OU will lose this season?

75 percent of voters didn't think so, it appears! :)

Of course, they might also might not have gotten the "you can vote for more than one" memo :D

Widescreen
8/23/2012, 08:29 AM
I'm also thinking OU just because of recent history. I hope we go undefeated but I'm not at all confident and I'm concerned that loss will again come from someone that we have no business losing to.

BigTip
8/23/2012, 09:11 AM
OU, unfortunately, will lose at some point this year, and any loss for a top five program is embarrassing. If you put a gun to my head to name which one I think it'll be, I'll say @Morgantown. Many couches will die in this battle. :(

I don't think this would qualify as an embarrassment. Too many people have predicted that the hillbillies will beat us.

To me an embarrassing loss is a good team losing to a really bad team. A hurtful loss is different from an embarrassing one.

AZSOONER
8/23/2012, 11:45 AM
I'm also thinking OU just because of recent history. I hope we go undefeated but I'm not at all confident and I'm concerned that loss will again come from someone that we have no business losing to.
You and me both

Curly Bill
8/23/2012, 12:34 PM
OU got my vote, recent history being what it is and all that.

SoonerAtKU
8/23/2012, 01:27 PM
But now that Venables is gone, OU can safely exhale and go undefeated in perpetuity, right, Curly?

;)

MamaMia
8/23/2012, 01:45 PM
Texas, and we will be the team doing the embarrassing.

CowboyMRW
8/23/2012, 01:50 PM
Our OOC record last year was what? 29-3? Something like that. I'm thinking we could easily replicate that.

Most embarrassing loss for any team this year will be AnM to La. Tech. Book it.

Curly Bill
8/23/2012, 02:02 PM
But now that Venables is gone, OU can safely exhale and go undefeated in perpetuity, right, Curly?

;)

It certainly increases the odds that will happen! :)

...but I never said BV was the entire problem. I think the man at the top bears a lot of the responsibility as well, and not just the loyalty he felt to BV for so long and keeping him around.

85sooners
8/23/2012, 02:26 PM
Ou runs the table bitches!

ouwasp
8/23/2012, 03:13 PM

;)

That's the theory. We'll see how it translates into reality.

BigTip
8/23/2012, 05:54 PM
These teams will all have embarrassing losses: Projected Embarrassing Score
09/22 Kansas State Norman, Okla. 65 - 0
10/06 at Texas Tech Lubbock, Texas 55 - 0
10/13 Texas Dallas, Texas 77 -0
10/20 Kansas Norman, Okla. 82 - 0
11/03 at Iowa State Ames, Iowa 48 - 0
11/10 Baylor Norman, Okla. 61 - 0
11/17 at West Virginia Morgantown, W.V. 46 - 0
11/24 Oklahoma State Norman, Okla. 87 - 0
12/01 at TCU Fort Worth, TX 54 - 3 (Defense was tired)

MyT Oklahoma
8/24/2012, 08:26 PM
I would have gone with * but the poll is closed.

I really wanted to go with Mizzou but we don't have them to laugh at any more. Oh well.

BoulderSooner79
8/24/2012, 09:19 PM
I can't define embarrassing until I see the teams on the field and have some feeling of what to expect. Last season, TT was a far inferior team so count that one embarrassing. By the time we played Baylor we were playing pretty close to their level, so not embarrassing. And gosh I hate see OU get whipped, but you could see that blowout in Stoolwater coming from a mile away.