PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday poll: Which preseason hot seat coach gets fired

badger
8/21/2012, 11:08 AM
Because you all have overwhelmingly anointed Poke as 6th in the Big 12, here's a poll to tide you over till the 5th place poll on Thursday...

The Coaches Hot Seat (http://coacheshotseat.com/coacheshotseatblog/) recognizes the college football coaches most likely to be fired. It has always been a fun thing to track, although I think that is has mostly become subscription-based now... but you can still see their top 10, regardless.

So, I'm gonna take the top 10 and put em in a poll --- which coach(es) do you think will be fired by the end of this football season?

You can vote for more than one. You cannot change your vote once cast. Votes are anonymous. Voting ends tomorrow.

Mississippi Sooner
8/21/2012, 11:14 AM
Doesn't it seem like Tedford's been on the hot seat for about 10 years? Barring a trip to the Rose Bowl, I really think this is his last shot with the Bears.

badger
8/21/2012, 11:14 AM
I voted for four:

Spaz @ Boston College: They are only mentioned when their defensive star has cancer. That is sad in so many ways.

Riley @ other OSU: The Pac 12 has entered an era of football accountability with their TV thing, their rebranding, expansion, etc. Expect programs to not put up with too many losses from here on out.

Dooley @ Rocky Top: The Kiffie recruits are now juniors and seniors. The SEC is no longer patient. Was it ever?

Tedford @ Cal: Why is this guy still employed there? That athletic department was on the verge of cutting popular non-revenue sports before fans stepped up the money front to save them, so there's absolutely no reason for the one program you can possibly make money in to be failing as much as it has been.

EDIT: Here's (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=6112756) the Cal thing I was referring to. And here's to beating cancer!
http://www.bc.edu/publications/chronicle/meta-elements/jpg/beat_cancer_tshirt.jpg

85sooners
8/21/2012, 12:02 PM
Tubby will get run off

badger
8/21/2012, 03:25 PM
I agree with everyone else that Mack is safe. Big huge $ extension will guarantee some safety.

soonerboy_odanorth
8/21/2012, 11:23 PM
Really surprised Spaziani made it through the summer. He has really worn the Chesnut Hill folks thin.

soonerboy_odanorth
8/21/2012, 11:25 PM
Dooley I think still has another year just on the family pedigree. We beehatch about our injuries... if they could just keep a QB healthy they might be ok.

prrriiide
8/22/2012, 05:18 AM
Dooley HAS TO WIN 8 this season or he's gone. Granted, 5 of UT's 7 losses last year were to top25 teams, but in Knoxpatch if you lose to Lube-U you are automatically on the hot seat. And Tennessee's problems were much deeper than a QB injury, although that was huge. Losing Justin Hunter at WR was devastating even before Bray got dinged up. It was worse than us losing Broyles. And speaking of Bray, the word here on Rocky Top is that his leash is about 2" long. He's had 2 imbecile incidents in the last month, and a lot of people are thinking that he better get his head outta his a$$ and concentrate on football (as opposed to beer balls) unless he wants to watch Andy Worley develop as a starting QB.

badger
8/22/2012, 09:07 AM
Dooley HAS TO WIN 8 this season or he's gone. Granted, 5 of UT's 7 losses last year were to top25 teams, but in Knoxpatch if you lose to Lube-U you are automatically on the hot seat. And Tennessee's problems were much deeper than a QB injury, although that was huge. Losing Justin Hunter at WR was devastating even before Bray got dinged up. It was worse than us losing Broyles. And speaking of Bray, the word here on Rocky Top is that his leash is about 2" long. He's had 2 imbecile incidents in the last month, and a lot of people are thinking that he better get his head outta his a$$ and concentrate on football (as opposed to beer balls) unless he wants to watch Andy Worley develop as a starting QB.

And it probably just kills them to hear RAMMER JAMMER over and over in their direction outta Bammerham. 1998 is getting farther and farther away... and that was technically a split title, wasn't it?