PDA

View Full Version : Even Newsweek against Obama now

badger
8/20/2012, 10:17 AM
Of course, Newsweek is about to go outta print (http://www.thewrap.com/media/article/barry-diller-hints-online-only-newsweek-says-broadcasters-should-embrace-aereo-49311) or something...

Linky (http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2012/08/19/niall-ferguson-on-why-barack-obama-needs-to-go.html)
http://www.thedailybeast.com/content/newsweek/2012/08/19/niall-ferguson-on-why-barack-obama-needs-to-go/_jcr_content/body/inlineimage_4.img.503.jpg/1345413183554.cached.jpg

Very interesting...

okie52
8/20/2012, 10:21 AM
That's surprising.

hawaii 5-0
8/20/2012, 10:33 AM
So much for the rumour of the lamestream media being biased for Obama.

Did the article suggest that Romney/Ryan were the New Saviors of the Free World?

Hope and Change v2.0

5-0

badger
8/20/2012, 11:18 AM

Did the article suggest that Romney/Ryan were the New Saviors of the Free World?

Hope and Change v2.0

5-0

The gist of the article seemed to be that President Obama made many pledges and promises when running 2008 and four years later, the economy is in the sh!tter and the promises have not been kept.

I think a lot of people had unrealistic expectations of President Obama when he was elected. I remember one woman going on national television saying that she wouldn't have to worry anymore, not about paying rent, not anything, now that Obama was president. My relatives out in Oregon were crazy-happy. It was just... waaaaay too much expectations. "Hope and change" was interpreted to be "Changes to everything and no more hopelessness," or something. Impossible.

So, take it for what it will. I was just shocked at the cover.

okie52
8/20/2012, 11:19 AM

Hope and Change v2.0

5-0

If you are a believer in lamestream media I doubt 1 endorsement will change that.

Ton Loc
8/20/2012, 11:39 AM
If you are a believer in lamestream media I doubt 1 endorsement will change that.

The next person that says lamestream media or any other new retarded reference should get a small vacation.

What happened Badger? I thought you were on the case.

Oh, and Obama needs to go and Newsweek needs some $$$. Things work out sometimes.

okie52
8/20/2012, 11:45 AM
The next person that says lamestream media or any other new retarded reference should get a small vacation.

Oh, and Obama needs to go and Newsweek needs some $$$. Things work out sometimes.

Lamestream non PC? How about Faux news?

Ton Loc
8/20/2012, 11:54 AM
Lamestream non PC? How about Faux news?

I don't care about PC. They're stupid terms that are annoying unless you're using them sarcasticly while passing judgement against someone. That's fine.

badger
8/20/2012, 11:58 AM

Only for thread titles. Thread content you are on your own.

I'm not a real modador so it's not like I can really punish you all... grrrrr I'll take away your offseason polls grrrrr :P

TheHumanAlphabet
8/20/2012, 12:01 PM
Funny, I have yet to see any of my "Obama Money"... ;)

badger
8/20/2012, 12:06 PM
Funny, I have yet to see any of my "Obama Money"... ;)

I think the Mint released an Obama coin, but they release coins for just about everything and everyone.

okie52
8/20/2012, 12:07 PM
I don't care about PC. They're stupid terms that are annoying unless you're using them sarcasticly while passing judgement against someone. That's fine.

As long as you see the fallacy on both sides.

Pretty subjective terms but they usually show where the user's sentiments lay.

BigTip
8/20/2012, 02:15 PM

That sounds like something the lamestream media would say.

And I am choosing Aruba for my vacation, thank you very much.

okie52
8/20/2012, 02:43 PM

If they are annoying you then somebody is winning.

I certainly wouldn't want to seem mean spirited or appear intolerant or cause anyone to feel disenfranchised.

KABOOKIE
8/20/2012, 03:29 PM

I was unaware Dean died and put you in charge. Maybe I missed this news as the lamestream media did not pick it up...

badger
8/20/2012, 03:31 PM
I was unaware Dean died and put you in charge. Maybe I missed this news as the lamestream media did not pick it up...

:P

rock on sooner
8/20/2012, 03:37 PM
Gotta hand it to this guy, he stated up front that he "advised"
McCain and ended the article with "I was a good loser four years
ago." Advised McCain, how'd that work out? Good loser, he!!, he's
STILL ticked about the election!:applause:

okie52
8/20/2012, 03:53 PM

Yeah but Newsweek endorsed Obama the last time.

okie52
8/20/2012, 04:16 PM

Speaking of Newsweek's endorsement 4 years ago....

Here's your endorser 4 years ago:

Newsweek

The Case for Barack Obama
Oct 17, 2008 8:00 PM EDT
Obama is pushing to change the parameters of the country's comfort zone. That's leadership.

AUTHOR

Fareed Zakaria

This week:

Fareed Zakaria keeping jobs at Time, CNN
Friday, August 17th 2012, 03:12 AM

Washington, Aug 17 — Celebrated Indian American journalist Fareed Zakaria, who was suspended by Time and CNN last week after he apologised for plagiarizing a paragraph from the New Yorker for his Time column, will keep both his jobs.

Read more: http://india.nydailynews.com/newsarticle/22af926e3aa767d511f11abe648a01b1/fareed-zakaria-keeping-jobs-at-time-cnn#ixzz247hrAfei

REDREX
8/20/2012, 04:17 PM
But --But ---But I recall hearing how Barack was one of the great Presidents of all times----after 30 days in office-----You trying to tell me all those Academics were wrong ?

okie52
8/20/2012, 04:18 PM
But --But ---But I recall hearing how Barack was one of the great Presidents of all times----after 30 days in office-----You trying to tell me all those Academics were wrong ?

Nobel Prize winner before taking office.

rock on sooner
8/20/2012, 04:40 PM
Yeah but Newsweek endorsed Obama the last time.

What does Newsweek endorsing Obama four years ago have
to do with this guy being a lousy adviser to McCain and still
being a sore loser? Jus askin...

LiveLaughLove
8/20/2012, 05:48 PM
Nobel Prize winner before taking office.

This guy is the Notre Dame of presidents.

SoonerProphet
8/20/2012, 09:34 PM
I find it ironic that the issues screams to do something in Syria with an article written by Dr. Ferguson. He'd love to spill your tax dollars and blood in Syria. Hey Niall, how is that colonial project on the Tigris and Euphrates workin out you dip****.

soonercruiser
8/20/2012, 10:02 PM

Hope and Change v2.0

5-0

That would only be "Paul and another Mormon desciple"!
:friendly_wink:

Midtowner
8/20/2012, 10:04 PM
This guy is the Notre Dame of presidents.

That's funny. I don't care who you are.

soonercruiser
8/20/2012, 10:07 PM

Wow!
One honest reporter in the LAME STREAM MEDIA!

My guess is....
That Newsweek's circulation is in the dumps......and they needed a big, hot headline on the front page to sell a few more issues before the election.

Midtowner
8/20/2012, 10:13 PM
My guess is....
That Newsweek's circulation is in the dumps......and they needed a big, hot headline on the front page to sell a few more issues before the election.

Yep.

http://tryingtoohard.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/double-the-label.jpg

cleller
8/20/2012, 10:16 PM
Ever heard of Jim Rogers, the financial guru? He believes the next president is going to face a recession and global economic decline that will make your eyes water. (from crying at the pain and loss of money) The reason? Debt.
Maybe Newsweek doesn't want Barack to endure that pain?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPDhJ0XRzpU&feature=related

Not serious, just pointing out that our debt is a cause of concern for some. Before you dismiss Jim Rogers, note that he was George Soros' partner in finance for many years.

okie52
8/21/2012, 12:01 AM
What does Newsweek endorsing Obama four years ago have
to do with this guy being a lousy adviser to McCain and still
being a sore loser? Jus askin...

Where was he a sore loser other than he and Newsweek agreed it was time to get rid of Hussein? Newsweek endorsed Hussein 4 years ago and now they say it's time for him to go...it's not really that hard.

Ton Loc
8/21/2012, 07:15 AM

It only works if its funny...

There's only a certain amount of people who use that crap with any sort of seriousness. I shouldn't complain - it makes them easier to identify.

badger
8/21/2012, 09:22 AM
My guess is....

Every mag's single copy sales is in the dumps, according to reports (http://www.usatoday.com/money/media/story/2012-08-07/magazine-circulation-ytd/56857920/1). This isn't subscribers, but rather, the airport travelers who got their flight delayed and want something to read.

rock on sooner
8/21/2012, 09:31 AM
Where was he a sore loser other than he and Newsweek agreed it was time to get rid of Hussein? Newsweek endorsed Hussein 4 years ago and now they say it's time for him to go...it's not really that hard.

After having read the article, it appeared to me that he was
still angry that Obama cleaned McCain's clock, prolly due to
his advice.

Mississippi Sooner
8/21/2012, 09:32 AM
Every mag's single copy sales is in the dumps, according to reports (http://www.usatoday.com/money/media/story/2012-08-07/magazine-circulation-ytd/56857920/1). This isn't subscribers, but rather, the airport travelers who got their flight delayed and want something to read.

Pretty much every magazine I've bought in the last ten years has been for that reason only. With the proliferation of the internet, I don't know how any of the print media are hanging on anymore.