PDA

View Full Version : Let's hate on Notre Dame

badger
8/16/2012, 10:33 AM
Mike and Mike did some banter on this en la manana, so I thought it'd be fun to discuss here.

Linky (http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/8264769/notre-dame-irish-relegated-insignificance)

From now on:
• Notre Dame no longer gets its own television deal with NBC.
• Notre Dame no longer gets to be the only school in the country with an inexplicable seat at the BCS decisions-making table.
• Notre Dame no longer gets its yearly undeserved hellahype in preseason rankings and preseason All-America teams.

In short, until Notre Dame football starts winning again, it's Rice to me.

That hurts your feelings? Watch "Rudy" 'til you feel better.

My beloved NP loved the Domer bashing. I figured the rest of you Sooners would too :D

85sooners
8/16/2012, 10:58 AM
Haha eat $hit irish

KantoSooner
8/16/2012, 11:08 AM
We all hate Texas, that is taken as read.
Miami is essentially composed of depraved criminals and the entire university should be sucked into a yawning hellmouth never to be seen again.
Missouri? BYU? USC? tOSU? OSU? LSU? Oregon? Many are the other teams who are worthy of dislike and ridicule.
And then there's Notre Dame. They ended the streak and did so with every possible annoying nuance (priests running plays into the huddle, anyone? yes, that happened). They have demanded, and gotten, privilege vastly disproportionate to their acheivement for the past 60 years at least. They represent all that is old, corrupt and decaying in our fine nation. Nothing less than a complete cleansing will erase the stain of occupying the same field. Nay! the field should be torn up, the soil purified with fire and the ground replanted after the game just to blot out the filth they bring. We must ask ourselves, any time we play Notre Dame, "What Would Genghiz Do?"

badger
8/16/2012, 11:15 AM
Tuition and Fees
$42,971
Room & Board*
Books and Supplies
Personal Expenses
Transportation**
Total
$57,805

Apparently that NBC contract isn't giving them enough money. $57k for a year of Notre Dame?!?! No wonder they're so pompous and arrogant. "Durr hurr hurr, I paid the same amoount for one year of my schooling that you paid for your entire schooling. Therefore, NBC must continue to broadcast my football games nationally."

Durr hurr hurr.

SoonerLB
8/16/2012, 11:18 AM
If only Sandusky had been on THEIR coaching staff . . . . . , it would have been SO fitting! ;) :D ;)

MamaMia
8/16/2012, 02:06 PM
Just exactly what do they contribute that justifies what they receive?

badger
8/16/2012, 02:10 PM
If only Sandusky had been on THEIR coaching staff . . . . . , it would have been SO fitting! ;) :D ;)

I don't think I could wish Sandusky on my worst enemy in college football or anywhere else. :(

Just exactly what do they contribute that justifies what they receive?
Notre Dame is the bread of college football. All who come to it shall not hunger
All who cheer for ND shall not thirst
No one can play for ND, unless the Father beckon

And media will raise ND up, and media will raise, ND up, and media will raise ND up, till the last day!

SoonerorLater
8/16/2012, 02:33 PM
Notre Dame no longer gets to be the only school in the country with an inexplicable seat at the BCS decisions-making table.

This is one that really gets me. Actually I'm surprised there haven't been lawsuits filed on this. How can the BCS justify singling one school out for special privileges that no other school is given. It's like one set of rules for Notre Dame and another set for everybody else. It's institutionalized patronage.

To illustrate exactly what a sham this is, in this equation just substitute "Notre Dame" and "other universities" with

black / white
rich / poor
young / old
male / female

If any institution discriminated based on the above criteria like the BCS dicriminates on behalf of ND there would be riots. Just another reason the BCS needs to be eliminated.

badger
8/16/2012, 02:36 PM
To illustrate exactly what a sham this is, in this equation just substitute "Notre Dame" and "other universities" with

black / white
rich / poor
young / old
male / female

Sounds like fun!

Women get $1.8 million bowl funding for years that they do not even appear in bowls, whereas men have to join conferences to get a split bowl pot from their conference, which bases bowl payouts on bowl participation.

How DARE the women take money from football revenues when the men are the ones playing! How DARE they! :P

marfacowboy
8/16/2012, 03:14 PM
Didn't see this in the uniform section, so I'll post it here....f-ing horrible...I hate ND probably more than any school on the planet.

http://i565.photobucket.com/albums/ss99/jackburns/nd.jpg

badger
8/16/2012, 03:22 PM
I am surprised that adidas was allowed to tinker with the golden helmets. Those are part of that "national brand" that they think they still have, hehe

KantoSooner
8/16/2012, 03:49 PM
You mean the 1971 'spray paint on polycarbonate' motif? I admit, it's iconic. It fairly screams 'Notre Dame!' to me.

REDREX
8/16/2012, 04:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0Y7yjxJVlc

SoonerofAlabama
8/16/2012, 04:29 PM
When are they wearing those new unis?

EDIT: It's Miami. never mind.

possumfat
8/16/2012, 04:42 PM
Oh man! I would need to buy an 18 wheeler truck full of "hate" plus my own and still wouldn't have enought for the goober domers!

PalmBeachSooner
8/16/2012, 05:24 PM
Easy folks. This thread is turning into a Klan meeting!

Wishboned
8/16/2012, 05:28 PM
Pontiac was a national brand at one time too. They retired it in 2010. The Irish should be next.

badger
8/16/2012, 05:47 PM
Easy folks. This thread is turning into a Klan meeting!

So you're saying you know what a Klan meeting is like... :mad:

:P

8timechamps
8/16/2012, 05:53 PM
THE WORST helmets I've ever seen.

opksooner
8/16/2012, 07:27 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7z1zs5fP01rz5q9vo1_250.gif <===This is for notre dame.........

and this ===>http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7z1zs5fP01rz5q9vo1_250.gif is for the horse they rode in on.

bluedogok
8/16/2012, 08:33 PM
Apparently that NBC contract isn't giving them enough money. $57k for a year of Notre Dame?!?! No wonder they're so pompous and arrogant. "Durr hurr hurr, I paid the same amoount for one year of my schooling that you paid for your entire schooling. Therefore, NBC must continue to broadcast my football games nationally."

Durr hurr hurr.
A friend of mine and his daughter visited Vanderbilt a few weeks ago, it is around 60,000 a year.

Salt City Sooner
8/16/2012, 09:21 PM
THE WORST helmets I've ever seen.
You have a phone call from College Park on line one.......

http://www.cstvauctions.com/images/auctions/20/MD031312MiniPrideHelmet2c1.jpg

8timechamps
8/16/2012, 09:40 PM

Yeah, those were pretty awful too.

Sabanball
8/16/2012, 09:57 PM
I know you guys already think we claim every national championship not already bolted down to the floor, but if not for the Domers and their lap dogs in the sports media, Bama would have won the NC in both 1966 and 1977. I hate ND more than any other school. I only pray that they continue to be irrelevant.

I hope you guys take NO prisoners against them and score at least 60. Both of our schools owe them big time.

badger
8/17/2012, 01:18 PM
I hate ND more than any other school. I only pray that they continue to be irrelevant.

I hope you guys take NO prisoners against them and score at least 60. Both of our schools owe them big time.

What about the war eagles :P

Oh, and here's some Domer banter on the Espens:
2kefNfTB4XI

MI Sooner
8/17/2012, 04:25 PM
Notre Dame no longer gets to be the only school in the country with an inexplicable seat at the BCS decisions-making table.

This is one that really gets me. Actually I'm surprised there haven't been lawsuits filed on this. How can the BCS justify singling one school out for special privileges that no other school is given. It's like one set of rules for Notre Dame and another set for everybody else. It's institutionalized patronage.

black / white
rich / poor
young / old
male / female

If any institution discriminated based on the above criteria like the BCS dicriminates on behalf of ND there would be riots. Just another reason the BCS needs to be eliminated.

What a silly argument. ND gets a seat at the BCS table and Army doesn't for the same reason the Big 12 gets a seat at the table but UTEP gets one-fifth of a seat. Until you start complaining that UTEP and OU get the same influence, I don't see how you can complain out ND's outsized influence.

Scott D
8/17/2012, 04:26 PM

at least that helmet made sense considering it's the state flag. ND's helmet makes about as much sense as Oregon having 5,000,000 uniform combinations when they only play 12 games a year.

SoonerNomad
8/17/2012, 05:21 PM
I have no love loss for Notre Dame, but I also don't see the big deal in their having a seat at the table in the BCS and playoff discussions. Despite not being in the hunt for a national title in twenty years, they are still a huge television draw. They have a huge devoted following based on their history and meaning to the fabric of college football. I used to get up on Sunday mornings and watch their hour long replays of their Saturday games. Not because I liked them but because it was college football.

They are not going to be playing for the national title unless they earn it on the field. Despite having their own TV deal and despite having more fans than any other team they have not been able to buy or steal national prominence. Their recent irrelevance is evidence of that.

8/18/2012, 03:10 AM
Norte Dame never gave me a kidney once.

God bless 'em.

StoopTroup
8/18/2012, 04:06 AM
I'll hate them on Saturday and go to Confession later.