PDA

View Full Version : Food Insurance?

StoopTroup
8/16/2012, 07:34 AM
What's wrong with Spam?

http://www.foodinsurance.com/store/emergency-supplies/the-essentials-kit

I have to say, that $10,000 meal plan looks delicious.

8timechamps
8/16/2012, 06:56 PM
I guess I could eat Spam in an emergency. It'd be tough though.

They love them some Spam in Hawaii. I stopped at a McDonalds for coffee the last time I was there, and they had a Spam breakfast combo on the menu.

StoopTroup
8/17/2012, 10:30 AM
It just that if you are going to have a bunch of food that will last a long time for an emergency that bag stuff is going to get as old as anything else. I think you should mix in some stuff that we know will last a really long time with it.

I can see having a few of those packs that you could grab if you weren't near your "Oh Sh*t the Zombies are coming!" fall out shelter....

Also their kits. Come with a couple of different 1500 use water treatment bottles but none of the Frontier Emergency water straws that you can use when you only can find enough water to keep you alive.

It's like they are selling that stuff to people who will last a week after they run out of whatever is in those packs...

8timechamps
8/17/2012, 05:41 PM
It just that if you are going to have a bunch of food that will last a long time for an emergency that bag stuff is going to get as old as anything else. I think you should mix in some stuff that we know will last a really long time with it.

I can see having a few of those packs that you could grab if you weren't near your "Oh Sh*t the Zombies are coming!" fall out shelter....

Also their kits. Come with a couple of different 1500 use water treatment bottles but none of the Frontier Emergency water straws that you can use when you only can find enough water to keep you alive.

It's like they are selling that stuff to people who will last a week after they run out of whatever is in those packs...

I'd bet that is their target market. Not too many people plan for an event that would keep them out of the reach or food/water for longer than a week. Speaking of this subject, I recently saw a show on National Geographic about people that are 100% sure "the end is near". They have built underground shelters and stocked them for a year or more. To each their own I suppose.

StoopTroup
8/18/2012, 04:29 AM
I'd bet that is their target market. Not too many people plan for an event that would keep them out of the reach or food/water for longer than a week. Speaking of this subject, I recently saw a show on National Geographic about people that are 100% sure "the end is near". They have built underground shelters and stocked them for a year or more. To each their own I suppose.

Yeah there was a Reality (?) Show where this Family Run Business designed and made Shelters. Each Client had their own little ideas they wanted added into the design. It was interesting and if you are a guy that has $100,000-$250,000 laying around you could get them to make a pretty cool place for you and your Family. It showed how some of them required maintenance or would later have flooding problems etc. Some of those would then either get it fixed or upgrade to a bigger system. Some folks are building them into their current new Houses. Those are pretty cool and IMO if you live in certain parts of Oklahoma....you should have at least a safe room. Everybody here knows that Naders are a way of life here.

StoopTroup
8/18/2012, 04:35 AM
They call themselves "Preppers". Doomsday Bunkers was the name of the show. It was OK but finding people who wanted to have the next best or better than the last guys you did was probably hard to find. I mean...if you spent the money to have one of those...you wouldn't really want people knowing you had one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc2zTZWL1sM