PDA

View Full Version : saunders not cleared....yet

OU_Sooners75
8/16/2012, 01:06 AM
If past experiences with student athletes that appeal for eligibilty is any indication, the longer it takes the more it seems the answer will be no by the NCAA.

Saunders transferred in from Fresno St after pat hill was fired. But that alone is not the reason he appealed for an exception so that he can play this year without sitting out.

Apparently there were some personal and medical reasons he transferred as well.

That said who knows for sure which way the ncaa will decide. But he has been working a lot with the second wr rotations at the slot.

If the ncaa grants the appeal, then Saunders can play this year. If they don't then he will have to sit the 2012 season on the bench. He does have three years to complete two more years of eligibility. In other words he can use a red shirt year if not granted the exception to transfer rule appeal.

EatLeadCommie
8/16/2012, 01:31 AM
What's the basis for his appeal/waiver? I never thought he'd get it anyway, unless he has some special circumstance.

OU_Sooners75
8/16/2012, 01:57 AM
Nothing is being said as to what they are.

Read where Coach Norvel said he transferred more because of personal and medical issues than the firing of Pat Hill.

Fresno St has been helping him, so he could end up being granted the exception. But as we experienced with Mike Balogun (different situation completely) the NCAA doesn't care who helps who.

goingoneight
8/16/2012, 09:41 AM
I really don't think there's even a snowball's chance in Austin that he will be cleared. If he's really good, OU's luck lately says no.

madillsoonerfan5353
8/16/2012, 10:56 AM
If he is not cleared, which is what I'm thinking, then IMO there is a bias against OU when it comes to these things. Phil Sims was granted a transfer from Alabama to Virginia for what? Also Cortez Johnson the db that came from Zona with Mike is he waiting on an appeal?

85sooners
8/16/2012, 10:59 AM
Just clear the boy

BoomerJ
8/16/2012, 12:23 PM
I think I remember reading that the medical reason had to do with respiratory problems playing in one of the most smog infested areas of the country. He was also saying that he didn't care much for how they were using him as a WR. He caught two touchdown passes during the first scrimmage and continues to run with the 1's and 2's. It would be awesome if he was cleared, because he sounds like a big time playmaker. If not, we're still going to be solid at the position this year, and next year looks to be incredible.

OU_Sooners75
8/16/2012, 03:22 PM
If he is not cleared, which is what I'm thinking, then IMO there is a bias against OU when it comes to these things. Phil Sims was granted a transfer from Alabama to Virginia for what? Also Cortez Johnson the db that came from Zona with Mike is he waiting on an appeal?

Cortez won't be cleared and he didn't file an appeal because his was only because of a coach change. The ncaa won't grant an appeal solely for coaching changes unless they haven't participated in any practices or enrolled.

Salt City Sooner
8/16/2012, 03:50 PM
Cortez won't be cleared and he didn't file an appeal because his was only because of a coach change. The ncaa won't grant an appeal solely for coaching changes unless they haven't participated in any practices or enrolled.
Johnson did file an appeal. I'm with you though, in the fact that I'd be very, very surprised if he got it.

http://saturdayblitz.com/2012/07/28/oklahoma-roster-drama-jaz-reynolds-status-jalen-saunderscortez-johnson-eligibility/

OU_Sooners75
8/16/2012, 04:38 PM
He did file for an exception, but I do believe he was denied already.

I do no he is not eligible this year to play because of his transfer.

Saunders got denied on his initial filing. He filed an appeal.

At least that is what I remember reading.

setem
8/17/2012, 12:04 AM
He is working with the 1's and Hale things he will be cleared, I think he has a shot but if not he redshirts and plays next season with a corp that will be the best in country.

badger
9/3/2012, 01:20 PM
Not eligible.

Link (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OU/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20120903_92_0_NORMAN81697)

cccasooner2
9/3/2012, 01:40 PM
Bummer, I was hoping he would get to experience games with Landry. Now, unless they get on the same team in the pros, he will be deprived of that experience.

The rest of the article on the D-line woes was not encouraging. :(

kevpks
9/3/2012, 03:15 PM
http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/6405/brianbosworth.jpg