PDA

View Full Version : Pre and Post 1824 Imperial Measurements

StoopTroup
8/14/2012, 07:45 PM
I was asked to help explain some of these and some of the History behind it all and even things that are still used in present day.

It starts out as fun and a kind of enjoyable path of recollection and then it begins to get a bit intense before the metric system kicks in and questions as to why some things changed forever and others seemed to stay as standards.

It them comes to mind that this might have become a Masters thesis for someone at one time or another...lol. I then took a nap after overload and a mathematical nightmare woke me up. :D

Anyone ever have to do this when unexpected? What a huge bunch of emotions it brings with it.

Skysooner
8/14/2012, 09:38 PM
Master's theses are overrated. It took me 2 years for time and I never used it. Still an interesting topic for sure.

StoopTroup
8/14/2012, 10:46 PM
Master's theses are overrated. It took me 2 years for time and I never used it. Still an interesting topic for sure.

These days I might tend to agree with you but back in and 1986 I worked with this guy who had 3 of them and because his English wasn't as good as his Spanish he was overlooked and some folks we worked with thought he probably couldn't run a taco truck. I introduced him to a friend of mine there and gave her his resume and within a year he was moving up the ladder and in 5 years he was running a Division for our Company in Peru and making very nice money. He deserved every penny. Great guy. Everyone I worked with couldn't believe he got hired as part time work in the mail room. It was because the Boss was an idiot.

Skysooner
8/14/2012, 10:56 PM
It says you know how to think. Just saying it by itself means nothing. Knowing how to think and be organized is a huge precursor to success.

StoopTroup
8/14/2012, 11:35 PM
It says you know how to think. Just saying it by itself means nothing. Knowing how to think and be organized is a huge precursor to success.

Not only that but you were an expert at following through on things. I've met a lot of folks who have great ideas but seldom are able to move on from their ideas. I will follow that up with the fact that I have also met some folks who didn't need a HS Diploma to be able to follow through or be a success but I agree with you that a Masters can help reduce the risk a bit when looking for someone to succeed on a project or business for you.

None were Fexans or aggies however....:D