PDA

View Full Version : Is WVU ovehyped?

8timechamps
8/14/2012, 04:32 PM
At first glance, I was worried about WVU making a run at the conference title, but the more I look at them, the less impressed I become. You can't overlook their demolishing of Clemson in last year's Orange Bowl, but you also have to look at their performance for the entire season.

Other than an FCS team and Bowling Green, they didn't really dominate anyone. Most of their wins were squeakers, and they lost to Syracuse and Louisville (I'll give them a pass on LSU).

Geno Smith is consistently being rated higher than Landry Jones (which doesn't really bother me, it just adds to the hype), and WVU has never had to play tough teams week in and week out.

I still think the game in Morgantown will be our toughest, but that has more to do with a tough stretch in the schedule than how good WVU will be.

I can see WVU losing 3 or 4 conference games this year.

KantoSooner
8/14/2012, 04:42 PM
I want to beat them. And I want them to beat OSU and Texas. Beyond that, they can take care of themselves.

Collier11
8/14/2012, 08:14 PM
Good, dangerous, really tough at home. That being said, people are buying too much into the avalanche that was the Orange Bowl. They lose 3 regular season games like us, 2 were inside of the pathetic Big East Conf...take that for what its worth

PLaw
8/14/2012, 08:52 PM
Good, dangerous, really tough at home. That being said, people are buying too much into the avalanche that was the Orange Bowl. They lose 3 regular season games like us, 2 were inside of the pathetic Big East Conf...take that for what its worth

Spot on, C11.

It's going to be interesting to see how the travel schedule impacts them over the course of the year. They will good, maybe very good, but let the Big XII schedule lean on them a little and then we will understand their durability and depth.

BOOMER

cleller
8/15/2012, 08:17 AM
They do worry me, especially in Morgantown, because they are still a big unknown. No familiarity.

I don't think they are quite as good as billed, maybe hyped some. OU and WVU, to me, are the two that need to prove themselves. I'm pulling for us, of course.

85sooners
8/15/2012, 10:12 AM
They won't be burning couches when they play ou!!

BoulderSooner79
8/15/2012, 10:52 AM
They do worry me, especially in Morgantown, because they are still a big unknown. No familiarity.

I don't think they are quite as good as billed, maybe hyped some. OU and WVU, to me, are the two that need to prove themselves. I'm pulling for us, of course.

They shouldn't be a big unknown by the time we play them. (That could be said for OUr squad too).