PDA

View Full Version : Silly OSU fans are all giddy over ticket sales

Sooner24
8/13/2012, 05:48 PM
These guys have never sold out a game and more than likely never will. They are just hoping and praying to sell 50,000 tickets. What a bunch of wannabes.

http://www.orangepower.com/threads/latest-number-of-football-season-tickets-sold.148568/

SoonerofAlabama
8/13/2012, 05:53 PM
Speaking of season ticket sales, did anyone else see where Arkansas said they sold 88,185 season ticket packages? I'm not sure how they came to that total but I'm guessing their math is a bit off.

As for OSU, highly doubt they sell close to all of their tickets.

8timechamps
8/13/2012, 05:58 PM
These guys have never sold out a game and more than likely never will. They are just hoping and praying to sell 50,000 tickets. What a bunch of wannabes.

http://www.orangepower.com/threads/latest-number-of-football-season-tickets-sold.148568/

Seriously? They've never sold out a game?

That's hysterical!

Statalyzer
8/13/2012, 06:01 PM
It's also just really surprising ... even when Texas or Oklahoma (especially Oklahoma since it's a relatively short drive and I imagine your visiting fans take up way more seats than just the visitor allottment) comes to town they don't sell out their games home? Not once? Ever?

ouradu
8/13/2012, 06:04 PM
Speaking of season ticket sales, did anyone else see where Arkansas said they sold 88,185 season ticket packages? I'm not sure how they came to that total but I'm guessing their math is a bit off.

Arkansas plays in Fayetteville and Little Rock. They sell different packages, you can buy all, just Fayetteville or just LIttle Rock. I know those are at least options. There may be more. So when they say that many "packages" that doesn't mean that many single season tickets, some are split between two people.

CowboyMRW
8/13/2012, 08:10 PM

That's hysterical!

Pretty sure we've sold out several. Almost all of last year was sold out it seems. Every suite is sold out and that was our biggest hurdle for the first couple years after the upgrades.

8timechamps
8/13/2012, 08:35 PM
Pretty sure we've sold out several. Almost all of last year was sold out it seems. Every suite is sold out and that was our biggest hurdle for the first couple years after the upgrades.

That would make more sense to me. I've been to a couple of bedlam games in Stillwater, and it looked sold out.

picasso
8/13/2012, 08:40 PM
We were putting more butts in the seats in 1973.

Sooner24
8/13/2012, 09:06 PM

You would be wrong.

fadada1
8/13/2012, 09:09 PM
true statement - every year OU comes to town the stadium in stillwater is full. congratulations.

"almost... it seems." - that's rich!!!!

Sooner24
8/13/2012, 09:16 PM
This says it was a sellout but the truth is they just stopped selling tickets and did not sell all the seats.

http://www.okstate.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/103009aab.html

Sooner24
8/13/2012, 09:20 PM
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boone_Pickens_Stadium#section_4

Largest crowd is 58,895 according to this.

ouwasp
8/13/2012, 09:43 PM
bet the media will keep treating the pokes as equals though.....

olevetonahill
8/13/2012, 09:55 PM
Hey Cowboy fan
I"ll bet ya 10 to one That OU beats ya in attendance all season

MrJimBeam
8/14/2012, 07:39 AM

That's hysterical!
I would guess the aggies sold out old Lewis Field, it was only 50,000 capacity. Never sold out the Boonedocks though.

badger
8/14/2012, 08:07 AM
bet the media will keep treating the pokes as equals though.....

They've got fans too, wasp. Especially in the Tulsa area. :mad:

Boomer.....
8/14/2012, 08:23 AM
It's also just really surprising ... even when Texas or Oklahoma (especially Oklahoma since it's a relatively short drive and I imagine your visiting fans take up way more seats than just the visitor allottment) comes to town they don't sell out their games home? Not once? Ever?

OSU considers those "premium" games and will not sell individual tickets to them. You must buy a season ticket package to go to the "premium" game that year.

badger
8/14/2012, 08:23 AM
OSU considers those "premium" games and will not sell individual tickets to them. You must buy a season ticket package to go to the "premium" game that year.

I am not sure if they'll have a "premium" game this year. After all, the "gooner game" is in Norman :stunned:

badger
8/14/2012, 08:59 AM
Also, LOL at you guys playing a Pac 12 opponent and it not being nationally televised... or locally televised... or any-televised unless you are a Pac-network subscriber :stunned:

Link (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OSU/article.aspx?subjectid=93&articleid=20120814_93_0_CoxCom278395)

PrideMom
8/14/2012, 09:15 AM
But there still is no waiting list for tickets, until then they still have empty seats!

CowboyMRW
8/14/2012, 01:11 PM
I am not sure if they'll have a "premium" game this year. After all, the "gooner game" is in Norman :stunned:

It's Texas this year

badger
8/14/2012, 01:25 PM
It's Texas this year

They have dumb people with money so it's a good call Hook em

MamaMia
8/14/2012, 04:11 PM
Texas is a premium ticket in Stillwater? Is that some big rival game I don't know about?

How many times has oSu beat Texas in Austin or Stillwater?

badger
8/14/2012, 04:16 PM

A lot lately, since everyone's been beating whorn lately :mack:

Chili49
8/14/2012, 04:59 PM
i'm surprised that only 58000 is the most they've ever had in one game.

CowboyMRW
8/14/2012, 05:42 PM
Texas is a premium ticket in Stillwater? Is that some big rival game I don't know about?

Since the Big 12 formed, 2010 was our first win against Texas.

i'm surprised that only 58000 is the most they've ever had in one game.

Where is this from. Last year, I attended every game except the first one b/c of my grandparents Golden, and they announced a sold out game for everyone, minus Kansas.

85sooners
8/14/2012, 06:25 PM
Horse pokers!

Sooner24
8/15/2012, 11:55 AM

Where is this from. Last year, I attended every game except the first one b/c of my grandparents Golden, and they announced a sold out game for everyone, minus Kansas.

Was this the guy saying they were sellouts?

http://www.welovetheiraqiinformationminister.com/images/07-minister.jpg

Sooner24
8/15/2012, 11:58 AM
HideAttendance records

With its success on the football field under Mike Gundy, the Cowboys have set numerous attendance records at Boone Pickens Stadium. The following are the top crowds in the history of Boone Pickens Stadium:[9]

1. 58,895 vs Kansas State 2011[10]
2. 58,516 vs Texas 2009
3. 58,274 vs Baylor 2011[11]
4. 58,141 vs Oklahoma 2011[12]
5. 58,030 vs Kansas 2011[13]
6. 56,901 vs Grambling State 2009
7. 55,935 vs Nebraska 2010
8. 55,752 vs Missouri 2009
9. 55,382 vs Louisiana-Lafayette 2011
10. 54,654 vs Arizona 2011[14]
↑Jump back a section

SoonerAtKU
8/15/2012, 12:38 PM
Capacity is officially listed as 60,218 on wikipedia. Is that akerit?

XingTheRubicon
8/15/2012, 01:02 PM

You beat them in '97.

Big XII was formed in '96.

oSuJeff1997
8/15/2012, 02:46 PM
They are just hoping and praying to sell 50,000 tickets.

Actually, they are talking about selling 50,000 season tickets, not just 50,000 tickets.

We averaged 57,000 fans per game last year while selling around 45,000 season tickets.

For perspective, 10 years ago, we averaged around 42,000 fans per game with no club seats and no luxury suites.

This year, we're going to average close to 60,000 per game with several thousand club seats and 100+ luxury suites.

Not to mention the fact that the average ticket (not counting club seats or suites) costs 3-4 times as much as they did back then.

I'd say we've made some progress.

As for OSU, highly doubt they sell close to all of their tickets.

Define "close to all."

Is selling 95-99% of our capaicty for every game "close to all?"

XingTheRubicon
8/15/2012, 04:23 PM
not one sellout.

picasso
8/15/2012, 04:33 PM
Sounds like some bandwagon fans.:chuncky:

Sooner24
8/16/2012, 07:33 AM
In the past 11 years, OSU has had only two pay-per-view telecasts, compared to 11 for OU. Schools generally don't resort to pay-per-view unless the event is sold out, and OSU has yet to sell out the expanded 60,218-seat Boone Pickens Stadium.

http://m.newsok.com/none-of-osus-first-three-games-scheduled-to-be-televised-in-oklahoma/article/3701171

Wishboned
8/16/2012, 10:31 AM
Sounds like some bandwagon fans.:chuncky:

No. OSU doesn't have bandwagon fans. Every single one of their fans is a graduate of the university.

That means that either they don't have enough graduates, or those pizza delivery jobs the graduates do get won't pay for the tickets.

miesvander
8/16/2012, 10:49 AM
Strange argument. OU has more fans, period. OU sells more season tickets and has a bigger stadium, peroid. 16 more days and counting until college football begins. The off-season sucks!!! Oh, and yes I am giddy about our season ticket sells these past few seasons. Go Pokes!!!

oSuJeff1997
8/20/2012, 10:37 AM
That means that either they don't have enough graduates, or those pizza delivery jobs the graduates do get won't pay for the tickets.

The world's richest pizza delivery guy says hi.

http://www.boonepickens.com/images/photo.jpg

picasso
8/20/2012, 01:40 PM
Yeah yeah, Boone is a big one. Most schools have big money guys, they just aren't attention whores.

badger
8/20/2012, 03:11 PM
I know that Poke gets annoying occasionally, but we should welcome this news, as T. Bone Pick might eventually get bored... or die (it happens, I'm not wishing it on him or anything) and OSU will have to rely on alternate means to fund their orange department.

As such, conning fans into wearing alternate gray uniforms is only one aspect of being as self-sufficient as its big brother in Norman. They need more ticket sales. They need more concession sales. In short, they need as many orange butts in the orange seats as orange-possible.

Alternate ways for Pokes to get more money:

1- Offer to fire Travis Ford if each seat in GIA is occupied for any basketball game this season, mens or womens.

2- Threaten to play "Cowboys 4 Ever" if 50,000 fans do not show up by kickoff.

3- Defy state law and allow smoking on stadium grounds.

4. For an additional fee, offer to install orange padding on seats so that more fans can paddle-wack like the sideline guys. Paddles, of course, are another additional fee.

5- Fine Poke wide receivers in the NFL every time they embarrass their alma mater.

Tulsa_Fireman
8/20/2012, 03:35 PM
5- Fine Poke wide receivers in the NFL every time they embarrass their alma mater.

AKA, Money Tree. Alias, Cash Cow.

Wishboned
8/20/2012, 03:37 PM
The world's richest pizza delivery guy says hi.

http://www.boonepickens.com/images/photo.jpg

And I tipped him $2 because the pizza was here in less than 30 minutes.

MamaMia
8/20/2012, 04:37 PM
The pokes have all kinds off freebie ways to fill those seats. There isn't any justifiable reason why the stadium shouldn't be filled if people really wanted to be there for a game.

Tulsa_Fireman
8/20/2012, 04:37 PM
BUT IT'S A SELL OUT OMG

badger
8/20/2012, 04:48 PM
The pokes have all kinds off freebie ways to fill those seats. There isn't any justifiable reason why the stadium shouldn't be filled if people really wanted to be there for a game.

Freebie ideas:

1- Large orange foam hats

2- Orange coozies to wear as armbands

3- Foam orange pistols (firing!)

4- Alternate gray replica jersey replica t-shirts with many sponsors names on the backs.

5- Metallic pinwheels (oh man that was very annoying the day they had those as Owen Field. You could always see one no matter where you looked in the stadium, with the sun glaring off of some kid holding it... and it was windy like always. argh...)

6- Inflatable paddles to... um... beat each other with when the team is on defense. Thwap... Thwap... Thwap...

7- Tickets to any men's basketball game at GIA. Come ON, Poke fans! You used to basketball fans, remember? We'll even throw in rasslin' afterwards if you promise to not leave early!

CowboyMRW
8/20/2012, 06:49 PM
The main part of the stadium has been sold out. It's the suites that were never full, which was being counted against our "never sold out a game". We finally sold every suite so I expect to see that every Big 12 game will be sold out.

Sooner24
8/21/2012, 12:27 AM
Darla Moore along with Condoleeza Rice became the first female members at Agusta National today. But did you know Darla had T. Boone Pickens removed from Mesa oil back in the 90's? Guess Boone was late with the pizza. :D

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/21/sports/golf/darla-moore-new-augusta-member-knows-about-barriers.html?pagewanted=all

MamaMia
8/21/2012, 01:41 AM
Theres not a whole lot going on in the Stillwater area. Maybe it will pick up for a couple of years anyway, since all the stars aligned just right for them last year.

StoopTroup
8/21/2012, 05:23 AM
The day they finally finish everyone of those boxes they built and you can see more than a bunch of cardboard cutouts in them....I'll believe they sold out.

My guess is after this Season it will be back to Normal there. Fire Sale for everything Orange.

85sooners
8/21/2012, 08:55 AM
Phuckem

oSuJeff1997
8/21/2012, 11:25 AM
The main part of the stadium has been sold out. It's the suites that were never full, which was being counted against our "never sold out a game". We finally sold every suite so I expect to see that every Big 12 game will be sold out.

Are you sure it was the suites? I thought the suites were sold out last year.

I thought it was the club seats that weren't 100% sold out.

CowboyMRW
8/21/2012, 12:32 PM
Are you sure it was the suites? I thought the suites were sold out last year.

I thought it was the club seats that weren't 100% sold out.

I get them mixed up. I know one of them just sold out this year totally, and I thought that was the suites but it may have been the club seats. I read an article somewhere about, we have seats that Holder doesn't allow to be bought which may be the club seats.

That was why we never had an "official" sell out. Not sure about the club seats, but I do know that the suites are 100% sold out.

oSuJeff1997
8/21/2012, 04:32 PM
I get them mixed up. I know one of them just sold out this year totally, and I thought that was the suites but it may have been the club seats. I read an article somewhere about, we have seats that Holder doesn't allow to be bought which may be the club seats.

That was why we never had an "official" sell out. Not sure about the club seats, but I do know that the suites are 100% sold out.

Yeah I think it's the club seats. I'm fairly sure that last year the suites were sold out and they are again this year.

My guess is after this Season it will be back to Normal there. Fire Sale for everything Orange.

Yep. I'm sure you said the same thing after 2009 as well. "No Zac Robinson, Dez Bryant or Pettigrew.... Pokes will go "back to normal" this year."

Whoops.
I read the same thing about Holder and the club suites, but it might have been on OP.com, so you never know.

The day they finally finish everyone of those boxes they built and you can see more than a bunch of cardboard cutouts in them....I'll believe they sold out.

Herp derp. What are you talking about? "Finish the boxes"? They are finished, and they are sold out.

badger
8/21/2012, 04:36 PM
it might have been on OP.com, so you never know.

Did they ban you again? I know they're famous for banning their own. They'd ban Gooners, but we don't bother posting there.

In any event I agree that there is no "back to normal" for you guys, because your "normal" is all over the place recently.

First round draft picks?

Bowl games?

Winning seasons?

Butts in seats?

Maybe you should declare eminent domain on old ladies houses more often! :stunned:

CowboyMRW
8/21/2012, 05:11 PM
I read the same thing about Holder and the club suites, but it might have been on OP.com, so you never know.

Now that you mention OP.com, that may've been where I saw it. I'm gonna see if it was there or a TW article. Yea, I usually take OP.com with a grain of salt. I love that everyone is an OSU fan on there, but some of them get on my nerves. I see you on Shaggy a lot. How are the posters over there?

CowboyMRW
8/21/2012, 05:14 PM
Did they ban you again? I know they're famous for banning their own. They'd ban Gooners, but we don't bother posting there.

In any event I agree that there is no "back to normal" for you guys, because your "normal" is all over the place recently.

First round draft picks?

Bowl games?

Winning seasons?

Butts in seats?

Maybe you should declare eminent domain on old ladies houses more often! :stunned:

I don't know how many SF.com people post there. I've seen STEP and Boomer... post before, but Landthieves has quite a few guys on there. It seems that people get banned quickly to B&F barring you being super courteous.

8timechamps
8/21/2012, 05:22 PM
Yeah I think it's the club seats. I'm fairly sure that last year the suites were sold out and they are again this year.

Yep. I'm sure you said the same thing after 2009 as well. "No Zac Robinson, Dez Bryant or Pettigrew.... Pokes will go "back to normal" this year."

Whoops.

Herp derp. What are you talking about? "Finish the boxes"? They are finished, and they are sold out.

Not this again. Jeff, NOBODY thought Zac Robinson was that great. Seriously, I can kind of understand the Bryant/Blackmon thing, but I think you are getting confused. Nobody ever said that.

CowboyMRW
8/21/2012, 05:28 PM
Not this again. Jeff, NOBODY thought Zac Robinson was that great. Seriously, I can kind of understand the Bryant/Blackmon thing, but I think you are getting confused. Nobody ever said that.

Heck his last year, I hated him taking the snaps. The Oregon game really messed him up.

He gave his all and had a very good junior year (the year he had the same stats as Saint Tebow), but the dude couldn't throw it 30 yards. Dez made Zac.

Sooner24
8/26/2012, 09:43 AM
(yawn) OU announces another sellout season.

oudivesherpa
8/26/2012, 12:10 PM
Badger, I get crap every time I wear my OU gear to visit my son in Tulsa, but never a negative word when I wear my OU gear at home in Houston. Does that mean that horn fans and A&M fans show more sportsman ship than poke fans in Tulsa?

oudivesherpa
8/26/2012, 12:15 PM
They've got fans too, wasp. Especially in the Tulsa area. :mad:

Badger, I get crap every time I wear my OU gear to visit my son in Tulsa, but never a negative word when I wear my OU gear at home in Houston. Does that mean that horn fans and A&M fans show more sportsman ship than poke fans in Tulsa?

oSuJeff1997
8/27/2012, 10:43 AM
I see you on Shaggy a lot. How are the posters over there?

I like it. I post over there mostly related to music/movies/pop culture/hilarity/etc.

Ummm... yes they did.

I think you're letting revisionist history take hold. Robinson was a 3-year starter. He was consistently in the top 2-3 QBs in the Big 12 during those three years in QB efficiency rating. In 2008, he was 5th nationally in efficiency rating, trailing only Bradford and McCoy in the Big 12.

He dropped off in 2009 when he was injured, but he still finished his career as OSU's all-time leading passer.

You may not remember it, but there were PLENTY of people who were saying he would be missed in 2010.

SoonerAtKU
8/27/2012, 12:09 PM
There was quite a bit of guffawing about OSU starting Old Man River back there, but I think that's a different story than having to go with a guy so very young.