PDA

View Full Version : Are we paper thin at LB?

picasso
8/10/2012, 01:38 PM
Al Jerkin's says so. Of course I don't put any stock in what he says these days.

stoops the eternal pimp
8/10/2012, 01:40 PM
How much do you honestly think Al Jerkins knows about OU football? That entire station is ate up with stupid..Like the time Kevin Ward insisted that DeMarco was 5'8 170 and disputed against anyone who said otherwise.

picasso
8/10/2012, 01:48 PM
Yeah Jerkin's is a complete buffoon.

8timechamps
8/10/2012, 02:12 PM
Given how Franklin and Shannon have come on, I would say a big "NO". In fact, I'll speculate that we have a better corp of LBs this year than we did last (including depth).

KantoSooner
8/10/2012, 02:15 PM
Not that your typical sports caster is a rocket scientist, but Al Jerkins sets the standard for stupidity. His long suit is arrogance and a desire to build a cult around his personally awarded nickname, 'Big Al'.

He knows nothiing about football in general and less about OU. Ignore him.

ouwasp
8/10/2012, 03:38 PM
I wouldn't care to see the odds on whether Wort can endure an entire season. If they have to start shuffling LBs, who knows?

But I'll be the first to suggest Ripkowski to MB. Is that name meant to be a linebacker? Sounds so blue-collar and mean.

cccasooner2
8/10/2012, 03:44 PM
Yeah Jerkin's is a complete buffoon.

It's a win-win for the goon, the retards can identify with him and the nons can laugh at him.

cccasooner2
8/10/2012, 03:48 PM
.........But I'll be the first to suggest Ripkowski to MB. Is that name meant to be a linebacker? Sounds so blue-collar and mean.

Going for RED: Ripkowski sounds so PSU. (I hope you know I'm kidding.)

goingoneight
8/10/2012, 05:07 PM
We've got Wort, Nelson, Ibiloye, Franklin and Bird all with experience and supposedly two who are better than D. Franklin and J. Bird per the coaches. We're also going to run more 2-backer sets per Mike Stoops. Looks fine to me as far as bodies and experience go.

picasso
8/10/2012, 05:51 PM
I wouldn't care to see the odds on whether Wort can endure an entire season. If they have to start shuffling LBs, who knows?

But I'll be the first to suggest Ripkowski to MB. Is that name meant to be a linebacker? Sounds so blue-collar and mean.
I'd vote no on Ripkowski given how he had a neck injury last season. I know Jerkin's is a goober and really only has vast knowledge when it comes to horse racing.
I just thought it was funny and kind of a mantra to say that OU is thin at LB these days.

OU_Sooners75
8/10/2012, 05:56 PM
I don't know who al jerkins is, but before fall camp started that was one worry almost everyone had.

But I would say after all the early reports of fall camp and stuff, I wouldn't worry too much about the lb corps.

MamaMia
8/10/2012, 06:07 PM
We look good to go at the Line Backer situation, but I am hoping for no injuries.

VA Sooner
8/11/2012, 03:19 PM
Mike Stoops knows to rotate his defensive guys in and out during the game... gives the backups plenty of time/experience for when they have to sub in. Smart.

SoonerorLater
8/11/2012, 07:15 PM
Why all the hatin on Big Al Jerkins? Jerkins and Jones are more listenable then anybody else on the SA. It seems that no matter what on air personality you mention there is always somebody who wants to take a shot at them.

picasso
8/11/2012, 10:54 PM
Why all the hatin on Big Al Jerkins? Jerkins and Jones are more listenable then anybody else on the SA. It seems that no matter what on air personality you mention there is always somebody who wants to take a shot at them.
Because Jerkins says really stupid things. Not just concerning OU football but I'll give you an example. A few years ago TU beat Houston in football and come Monday morning Jerkins asked the question if that would be TU's toughest game of the year? Knowing full well they still played OU.

birddog
8/13/2012, 09:41 PM
there's no way he's worse than dick jerkins. gees, what a worm. at wvu and at tcu for the first time might be rough. road games in general suck but that's an unknown for sure. not alot of talk on this board about this team.

FOOTBALL in 2 weeks

BOOMER!!!

LASooner
8/14/2012, 03:58 AM
There's still terrestrial radio stations? How quaint.

picasso
8/14/2012, 02:02 PM
I listen on my 5 minute commute.