PDA

View Full Version : Which MNC contender is in a better position?

IronHorseSooner
8/10/2012, 01:24 PM
My son and I just had an interesting discussion about the main MNC contenders and their obstacles? Which one(s) has/have can best recover?

USC: Only 75 scholly players and not a whole lot of depth?
'Bama: Lose WR, already lost their two starters from last year plus a lot of guys on both sides of the ball?
LSU: Both starting corners from last year (Claiborne to NFL, Honey Badger now gone), and starting QBs?
OU: Losses to the OL, new WRs?
WVU: New defensive scheme, OL, and conference?
Oregon: New QB and RB?

SoonerInLubbock
8/10/2012, 01:38 PM
I know the question is who's "in better position". But I can't help to think that as an OU fan's standpoint. All of these work themselves out. USC plays Oregon, LSU v Bama, WVU plays us. As for WVU I predict at least a couple losses, maybe against saxet and/or a sleeper like Tech. So back to the question at hand. Who is in better position? It would have to be the winner of the USC-Oregon game. I get the feeling the SEC is gonna beat the crap out of each other to the point the MNC will be between the Big 12 and the Pac-12. My opinion anyway.

BoulderSooner79
8/10/2012, 03:05 PM
USC. I doubt that 75 scholly thing will be a big issue. Those 10 players are from last year's and this year's classes meaning they are thin in FR, RS/FR and SO players. And the ones they do have are some of the most highly recruited. The Ducks must replace many critical starters and Stanford has to replace the best QB in the country.

LSU has been deep at CB and honey badger was going to be a distraction - they are probably lucky to ditch him now instead of having a disaster in November. They may well be upgrading at QB.

85sooners
8/10/2012, 03:36 PM
Ou!!