PDA

View Full Version : Camp Videos

cccasooner2
8/9/2012, 03:40 PM
Watching the SoonerSports videos from the preseason camps can be fun, from an educational, player developmental, and humorous standpoints. In general, I have been impressed with the coaching and the stressing of fundamentals in this first week of camp. I really like the veteran starters and have definitely seen an improvement in DH and TJ body control skills. For some reason the camera keeps AC a secret.
My favorites however are what I will call dance steps. The first is the one with BJW trying to get the two new FR DE studs to get the new (to them) dance steps down in the 8/4 DE Working on Leverage. The second is the one where Simon can’t get the dance steps down (in the 8/9 DBs on Footwork, Angles).

If you haven’t been watching the daily videos, please do, they will show you coaching, athleticism, player development, and best of all that the talented kids are human with the occasional lapses of frailty.

Feel free to give your impressions of the daily videos as they occur.

SoonerofAlabama
8/9/2012, 03:57 PM
Been watching every day. The interviews are good, and I really like watching the practices. My favorite thing they've shown so far are the mic'd players though. Really shows that these guys aren't just giant football machines, they're real people and so far have been hilarious. :D And R.J. Washington's video series is hilarious. I don't know if thy show it on SoonerSports All-Access but he does a video series, weekly I think, and every video is a little bit different. We have some characters on this team and they really do all have their own personalities. Love watching this stuff, thanks for the post. Glad other people watch this stuff and feel similarly the way I feel.