PDA

View Full Version : First flight to Da Nang

Chuck Bao
8/9/2012, 04:22 AM
This is just so weird on so many levels, not least of which being the current quality of service on US airlines.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/576066-vietnamese-airline-fined-for-mid-flight-bikini-show/

Hanoi - A private airline in Vietnam was fined for having women dance through the cabin in bikinis during a flight, an official said Thursday.

About 10 women in bikini tops and sarongs sashayed down the aisle of a Viet Jet Air flight Sunday from Ho Chi Minh City to the coastal city of Da Nang.

The budget airline was fined 1,000 dollars for hosting the show without official permission, said chief inspector of the Civil Aviation Administration of Vietnam, Nguyen Trong Thang.

"They should have registered (with us) before they held the show,"Thang said. "This is the first time an airline has organised a bikini dance aboard a flight in Vietnam." The authorities took action after videos of the in-flight show were circulated on the internet.

The show was held to celebrate the company’s first flight to Da Nang, said an official from the airline who declined to be named.

"It was the first flight to a beach town, so we came up with the idea of getting a number of girls in bikinis to dance and make passengers happy to improve our customer service," he said.

That is a far cry from the old days and Vietnam Airline's previous name of Hàng Không Viêt Nam, which we used to joke about meaning "Hang On, Vietnam". I'm sure some can go back further and that just adds to the weirdness and wonder of it all.

StoopTroup
8/9/2012, 10:46 AM
I got caught up in this episode of Destination Truth on the SciFy Channel where they fly into Hanoi and visit the city and then head into the jungles that have regrown over ancient sites that survived the War. I found myself wondering why any American would go off into the jungle like they did looking for Vietnam's Bigfoot.

People are crazy.

Boomer.....
8/9/2012, 10:52 AM
I lubs me some Destination Truth.

olevetonahill
8/9/2012, 11:56 AM
The rides I got while there dint have any chicks on em
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-qxNFs_XeVRI/TYSt0iBRIPI/AAAAAAAACZQ/F3BhQwomtaE/s400/huey1.jpg

Breadburner
8/9/2012, 12:10 PM
I find nothing weird about it....Great customer service....

StoopTroup
8/9/2012, 12:14 PM
I lubs me some Destination Truth.

Is Rider a nickname or a real name? I like to think its a nickname that has some meaning to it.

Boomer.....
8/9/2012, 01:02 PM
Is Rider a nickname or a real name? I like to think its a nickname that has some meaning to it.

Heh. It's her last name.

Jacie
8/9/2012, 01:57 PM
Give me that banana!

StoopTroup
8/9/2012, 09:15 PM
LoL. It's a plantain beyotch!

Chuck Bao
8/10/2012, 01:47 AM
LoL. It's a plantain beyotch!

I don't get it. What do you cook with bananas...banana pudding, banana bread, bananas in cereal, fried bananas, dried bananas?

StoopTroup
8/10/2012, 09:16 AM
You can cook plantains.

KantoSooner
8/10/2012, 11:45 AM
In general SE Asia has a very clear eyed view of the world. You want men to buy plane tickets? Among other things, make sure your cabin staff is 98% gorgeous young women with winning smiles and great, playful, personalities. It's cheap, tawdry, sexist and it works.

Malaysian Air used to fire virtually all its cabin staff on a three year basis....and then have cattle call interviews in Pahang provine (which has the same reputation, locally, that Georgia or Texas do traditionally here in terms of being hotbeds of hotties). The local press criticized the CEO and he basically responded, "We make money only on business class. If you're a business traveller, do you want your drink delivered by a bikini model? Or your mother?"

fadada1
8/13/2012, 07:30 AM
The rides I got while there dint have any chicks on em
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-qxNFs_XeVRI/TYSt0iBRIPI/AAAAAAAACZQ/F3BhQwomtaE/s400/huey1.jpg
... and i'll hazard a guess that this recent flight didn't have bullets flying through the cabin.:nightmare:

Position Limit
8/13/2012, 11:39 AM
i just got back from a trip to asia last month. and flew EVA airlines. they absolutely pissed on any american carrier out there. beautiful young asian ladies that were friendly. a far cry from the average union battle axe that you find on american carriers. great seats, leg room, tons of free movies, games whatever. free beer and wine. asian airlines get it in the customer service department. my connecting flight from tulsa to los angeles via american airlines was the typical broke down joke as always.