PDA

View Full Version : Lions Release Unofficial Depth Chart

SoonerofAlabama
8/7/2012, 10:22 PM
http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2012/8/7/3226609/detroit-lions-depth-chart-2012-cleveland-browns-preseason

On offense, Ryan Broyles is listed as second string (behind Calvin Johnson?) And on defense, Travis Lewis and Ronell Lewis are listed as third string OLB and RE respectively. Also, Ryan Broyles is listed as third-string Punt Returner.

Collier11
8/7/2012, 10:37 PM
Broyles is likely going to be the #4 receiver this year, early returns are that they are loving Tlew, and I have read that Ronnell will only make the team on Special Teams unless he really starts to impress on the DL

Scott D
8/8/2012, 05:02 AM
Broyles is likely going to be the #4 receiver this year, early returns are that they are loving Tlew, and I have read that Ronnell will only make the team on Special Teams unless he really starts to impress on the DL

Yeah, DL is the one position that is stacked on that roster. And with Avril signing his 1 year tender, spots got even thinner.

badger
8/8/2012, 08:03 AM
Hammer will probably best be served on another roster that isn't as crowded at his position, since he wasn't a first rounder or anything.

Broyles is a shoo-in.

Travis... well, I don't expect him to be in the NFL for a long time, unless he becomes a fan favorite with his mouth :)

cccasooner2
8/8/2012, 09:44 AM
While checking out the Lion depth chart, I noticed this Burn Orange Nation 8/6 article on 2012 Sooner Team Preview. Thought I'd bury it here. :) http://www.burntorangenation.com/2012/8/6/3221837/oklahoma-sooners-2012-football-preview

SoonerofAlabama
8/8/2012, 09:53 AM
Degree of Difficulty for Texas (out of 10): 11.

^ From that article from cccasooner2, just awesome.

ouleaf
8/8/2012, 02:55 PM
Makes me wish that Hard Knocks was covering the Lions this year instead of Miami.

badger
8/8/2012, 03:04 PM
Makes me wish that Hard Knocks was covering the Lions this year instead of Miami.

I wish they were there to witness those NYJets camp fights we keep hearing about... not to mention Rex Ryan barking curse words at them all afterwards :D

Maybe they should have regional Hard Knocks coverage. Regional blackouts possible if fans do not fill up the sideline fences.

8timechamps
8/8/2012, 07:27 PM

Sounds like Venebals really did a lot to help Travis adjust to the next level. Sounds like he's going to make the team. Would really like to see how he does in the NFL when he's healthy.

85sooners
8/8/2012, 08:06 PM
Booyaaah

Collier11
8/8/2012, 10:19 PM
Travis... well, I don't expect him to be in the NFL for a long time, unless he becomes a fan favorite with his mouth :)

Its obviously early, but go google some Lions articles about Tlew, the coaches absolutely love him so far, including the Def Coord