PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Fan Guide - Tobacco Use

StoopTroup
8/6/2012, 06:33 PM
I received my tickets today and along with them is the 2012 Fan Guide. Now I know there has been a
Thread on this and a Statement made before but I'd never seen a Statement like the one in the Fan Guide. I thought the change was made by the University. This statement seems to release the University from any blame and shifts the policing of the new policy (at least it looks this way to me) to Campus Police and the other law enforcement that is always present at Home Games.

That said...for the folks who aren't Season Ticket Holders and don't get this Wonderful New Document for 2012, here's what it says...

"As a reminder, in Spring 2012 Governor Fallin issued an Executive Order that all State-funded institutions become Tobacco Free as of July 1, 2012. The Tobacco-Free policy prohibits the use of all tobacco products (cigarettes - traditional and electronic, chewing tobacco, pipes, cigars, snuff, snus, hookah, bidis, clover cigarettes or water pipe smoking) on the entire OU Campus and all University owned, operated, leased, and/or controlled properties".

I think it's a well thought out little blurb that's tucked away nicely on page 09 of this great new guide.

So...enjoy the new Season and Boomer Sooner!

Also on the back of the tickets you will use to enter the stadium the new policy is reflected on line 8 in near microscopic font.

"Smoking and/or Tobacco Use within the Stadium or University Property is Prohibited".

8/6/2012, 06:45 PM
Well, there goes my pre-game hookah with my tailgating buds.

tomtom
8/6/2012, 06:52 PM
No whiskey coming next?

StoopTroup
8/6/2012, 06:56 PM
LOL. Also there is a nice yellow post card with the Mary Fallin Statement on it that's a "Fan Reminder about Tobacco-Free Policy"

I guess we can expect signs in parking lots and the message stenciled on the walls in the areas under the stands and on every seat in the Stadium.

I'm also wondering if the Coaches will get arrested when we Smoke Phlorida A&M. :D

8/6/2012, 07:04 PM
Parts of it seem very difficult to enforce. A guy having a dip isn't likely to be nabbed.

Any of you guys remember the stench of the cigar-filled troughs of the 70s?

MamaMia
8/6/2012, 07:20 PM
Well, there goes my pre-game hookah with my tailgating buds.Way funny!!!!! OH my gosh...:D

Jason White's Third Knee
8/6/2012, 07:43 PM
Nothing about weed? Excellent. Really helps when I am watching defenses blitz Landry.

PS- big Landry fan here.

setem
8/6/2012, 08:14 PM
They won't catch me dipping!

fadada1
8/6/2012, 08:27 PM
didn't there used to be a hookah lounge in the union???

Fraggle145
8/6/2012, 08:27 PM

Me either.

prrriiide
8/6/2012, 08:30 PM
http://www.cvs.com/bizcontent/merchandising/productimages/large/30766784440.jpg

StoopTroup
8/6/2012, 09:03 PM
I think everyone ought to fill their cheeks with Big League Bubble Gum Chew just to mess with the folks at the gate and especially the haters who might see you spitting into a cup and take the time to turn you in.

I want to see those guys run up and down the stairs all
Day at the Phlorida A&M Game checking for illegal dippers and sexy Ladies who might be hiding a pipe in their hookahs. :D

8timechamps
8/6/2012, 09:50 PM

I was thinking the same thing.

badger
8/7/2012, 09:22 AM
I peeked at the Bone Pick Stadium policy... they haven't changed theirs yet. Will be interesting to see if this is just a David Boring excuse to get his beloved Sooner campus healthier (or get Molly Shi's precious gardens butt-free)

StoopTroup
8/8/2012, 09:46 AM
I peeked at the Bone Pick Stadium policy... they haven't changed theirs yet. Will be interesting to see if this is just a David Boring excuse to get his beloved Sooner campus healthier (or get Molly Shi's precious gardens butt-free)

No reason to change it. They all swallow.

SoonerLB
8/8/2012, 04:22 PM
No reason to change it. They all swallow.

Hehee! Been missin' your humor ST, as has some of the ol' gang, hope to see some of it over at the shack, hint, hint. ;)

85sooners
8/8/2012, 06:45 PM
Puff puff give

StoopTroup
8/9/2012, 01:33 AM
Hehee! Been missin' your humor ST, as has some of the ol' gang, hope to see some of it over at the shack, hint, hint. ;)

I don't like to travel much anymore so I stay here where I started posting in the 1990's.