PDA

View Full Version : Kameel Jackson Done at OU

SoonerofAlabama
8/4/2012, 02:39 PM
Per Jake Trotter on twitter. Also says Danzel Williams has moved from RB to DB.

colleyvillesooner
8/4/2012, 02:41 PM
Stoops just said in his presser that Kameel Jackson will not be reinstated.

85sooners
8/4/2012, 03:30 PM
Hit the road

85sooners
8/4/2012, 03:32 PM
:gary:

BoulderSooner79
8/4/2012, 04:10 PM
In retrospect, Kameel publicly announcing he was transferring may not have worked in his favor.

MamaMia
8/4/2012, 04:29 PM
Was he wanting to be reinstated? I'm sorry, this is the 1st I've heard about this. :)

badger
8/4/2012, 04:43 PM
Stoops just said in his presser that Kameel Jackson will not be reinstated.

Golly gee, I wonder why...
http://nbccollegefootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/kameel-jackson-tweet.png

Even though it turns out that A&M didn't want him, the fact that he would publicly state that he was going there meant he was pretty much gone. Surprised he was borderline for this long without an adamant GTFO from Stoops after that.

BoulderSooner79
8/4/2012, 04:55 PM
Kidding aside, I don't think his transfer tweet ended up being a big deal or else he would have been gone ASAP. I am taking what Stoops said at face value since KJ kept his scholarship. He needed to start achieving in the classroom and apparently he didn't.

SoonerofAlabama
8/4/2012, 05:16 PM
Trey Metoyer said Kenny Stills wants to turn pro after this year.

cccasooner2
8/4/2012, 05:28 PM

Oh no! Does this mean that he's going to rely on his frosh and soph higlight videos through the Texas game for his NFL entrance exams pior to the combine? Wouldn't want to risk injury.

SoonerMarkVA
8/4/2012, 06:34 PM

Not ready. Looks like his head still isn't on straight.

badger
8/4/2012, 07:00 PM

I want to turn pro after this year too. Alas, I don't think I have the numbers to be drafted :P

SoonerofAlabama
8/4/2012, 07:24 PM
I want to turn pro after this year too. Alas, I don't think I have the numbers to be drafted :P

Say something about it on twitter, somebody is bound to be surprised.

8timechamps
8/4/2012, 07:51 PM
Golly gee, I wonder why...
http://nbccollegefootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/kameel-jackson-tweet.png

Even though it turns out that A&M didn't want him, the fact that he would publicly state that he was going there meant he was pretty much gone. Surprised he was borderline for this long without an adamant GTFO from Stoops after that.

The old "you can't fire me, I quit" method. Not the best idea.

SoonerLB
8/5/2012, 01:04 PM

Yeah but . . . , if you would spend enough time in hair salons and tattoo parlors they MIGHT notice you! ;)

budbarrybob
8/5/2012, 04:50 PM

He'd be a solid 4-5th round pick... :dispirited:

badger
8/5/2012, 05:21 PM
He'd be a solid 4-5th round pick... :dispirited:

Perhaps STEP can weigh in on this, but there must be something going on with the Neffel that players are now just announcing early retirement instead of trying out for training camps unsuccessfully year after year when the injuries and lack of NFL-caliber skill gets the better of them.

Is it being worried about lifelong injuries?

Is it because after years of nothing but football, they're exhausted and want to do something else?

Is it because the NFL is a cruel business and they don't want to be in that type of environment that makes football less fun than perhaps it was at earlier levels?

Is the money just not good enough after you see some ex-NFLers dying in their 30s, 40s and 50s?

In any event, I wonder if it'll eventually hit the college level too, where players just up and quit before anyone expects them to.

BoulderSooner79
8/5/2012, 05:40 PM
Perhaps STEP can weigh in on this, but there must be something going on with the Neffel that players are now just announcing early retirement instead of trying out for training camps unsuccessfully year after year when the injuries and lack of NFL-caliber skill gets the better of them.

Is it being worried about lifelong injuries?

Is it because after years of nothing but football, they're exhausted and want to do something else?

Is it because the NFL is a cruel business and they don't want to be in that type of environment that makes football less fun than perhaps it was at earlier levels?

Is the money just not good enough after you see some ex-NFLers dying in their 30s, 40s and 50s?

In any event, I wonder if it'll eventually hit the college level too, where players just up and quit before anyone expects them to.

For NFL players, earlier retirement could also be result of much higher pay. The salaries have increased much faster than inflation (at least for starters) for a long time now. If a player socks it away or invests wisely in something better than exotic cars and entourages, he should be set for life after not many years in the league.

cccasooner2
8/5/2012, 05:48 PM
For NFL players, earlier retirement could also be result of much higher pay. The salaries have increased much faster than inflation (at least for starters) for a long time now. If a player socks it away or invests wisely in something better than exotic cars and entourages, he should be set for life after not many years in the league.

Pssst, one word, "entourages", it's the future.

tulsaoilerfan
8/5/2012, 06:01 PM
Why would you want to stay for your Senior year at OU when you can be making bucks in the NFL? Even a 4th rounders pay beats playing for free

Curly Bill
8/5/2012, 06:11 PM
Why would you want to stay for your Senior year at OU when you can be making bucks in the NFL? Even a 4th rounders pay beats playing for free

Word! ...and yet I'm always amazed at the peeps on here that disagree.

That being said I don't see Stills being a 4th round pick or even close to that based on what he's done so far.

BoulderSooner79
8/5/2012, 06:38 PM
Pssst, one word, "entourages", it's the future.

And two words, "diamond earrings", as well. At least those can be pawned when everything else has been pizz'd away.