PDA

View Full Version : Do Democrats oppose Muslim-owned businesses?

cleller
8/3/2012, 09:47 PM
Since the strong reaction against Chick Filet, I've been confused. It has seemed that liberals and/or Democrats have been very supportive of the Muslim community. Then, we have the Chick Filet CEO who stated his opposition to same-sex marriage. Several prominent Democrats then voiced their feelings that this man's entire company was unfit to do business in their cities.

It would be foolish to believe any professed Muslim would support same-sex marriage. They'd be marked for Jihad quicker than you could say Ahkim Sprat. My question is: should Muslims be run out of business for their beliefs, also, or just Christians?

rock on sooner
8/3/2012, 09:51 PM
Since the strong reaction against Chick Filet, I've been confused. It has seemed that liberals and/or Democrats have been very supportive of the Muslim community. Then, we have the Chick Filet CEO who stated his opposition to same-sex marriage. Several prominent Democrats then voiced their feelings that this man's entire company was unfit to do business in their cities.

It would be foolish to believe any professed Muslim would support same-sex marriage. They'd be marked for Jihad quicker than you could say Ahkim Sprat. My question is: should Muslims be run out of business for their beliefs, also, or just Christians?

C'mon, C, aint nobody should be run out of business for their beliefs and
you know it. Folks on the left got rocks for brains if they say that, just like
folks on the right for some of the crap they spout...

cleller
8/3/2012, 10:28 PM
But they were so passionate and emphatic about it. How can they reverse course now? Wouldn't that be tantamount to saying they changed their mind, and signal they think it is OK to deny this, that and they other thing to same sex couples?

In reality, wouldn't any good Muslim being reaching for his barong (big knife) at the mere mention of homosexuality? How do some of these Democrat leaders square their support for a community with those views?

Curly Bill
8/3/2012, 11:25 PM
I thought Democrats opposed all business?

diverdog
8/4/2012, 05:16 AM
But they were so passionate and emphatic about it. How can they reverse course now? Wouldn't that be tantamount to saying they changed their mind, and signal they think it is OK to deny this, that and they other thing to same sex couples?

In reality, wouldn't any good Muslim being reaching for his barong (big knife) at the mere mention of homosexuality? How do some of these Democrat leaders square their support for a community with those views?

We all know how tolerant the right is of Muslim's. rolls eyes.

cleller
8/4/2012, 07:43 AM
We all know how tolerant the right is of Muslim's. rolls eyes.

That's the ironic part. The right mostly don't much like the whole Muslim faith, to be sure. They would not try to infringe on their right to do business, though. I guess anyone trying to pay their way gets a little consideration there.

yermom
8/4/2012, 09:50 AM
there is a difference between having a belief and donating millions of dollars to hate groups

olevetonahill
8/4/2012, 10:17 AM
there is a difference between having a belief and donating millions of dollars to hate groups

What "HATE" group Bro?

olevetonahill
8/4/2012, 10:26 AM
Oh wait heres the biggest recipient

Marriage and Family Foundation

Yea ya got crush those kinda Hate groups out. Next thing ya know they gonna start acting like Boy Scouts er sompun

heres the Other, A group that is dedicated to strengthening Tradional Marriage .

Marriage CoMission

yermom
8/4/2012, 10:31 AM
http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2012/08/03/chick-fil-a-controversy-shines-light-on-companys-charitable-giving/

Focus on the Family would seem to qualify, as well any of those "conversion" groups

olevetonahill
8/4/2012, 10:48 AM
http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2012/08/03/chick-fil-a-controversy-shines-light-on-companys-charitable-giving/

Focus on the Family would seem to qualify, as well any of those "conversion" groups

If those are "Hate" groups then I say all The Gay pride, or any group that Pushes their own agenda is a HATE group.

Oh well Im thru with this topic. Every one of us has our minds made up to believe what we believe and thats it.

He is definately against the Gay Lifestyle, But I see No where that he has said he HATES Gays

yermom
8/4/2012, 11:36 AM
funding groups that actively try deny rights to gays is a little more than being against the gay lifestyle

LiveLaughLove
8/4/2012, 12:01 PM

Anybody that thinks focus on the family is a hate group is just wack, sorry.

That is so laughable. But then, that hate book called the Bible says, good will be called evil and evil, good.

Of course, its just fantasy.

And hate.

TitoMorelli
8/4/2012, 01:02 PM

Of course not, nitwit. Only profitable or successful ones.

badger
8/4/2012, 04:21 PM
Who really cares. Chick Fil A got record sales thanks to their CEO's remarks. It seems to have worked out pretty well for them, other than a few people hating via social media... and really, we've all experienced high school, so the whole petty gossip thing shouldn't bother anyone after high school's sh!t.

rock on sooner
8/4/2012, 04:30 PM

Naw, not true, CB, I had my own busines for 13 years, til a bigger business
forced me to get out...that not enough revenue thing, doncha know..

cleller
8/4/2012, 09:19 PM
I just want to know if a large Muslim owned company wanted to locate in Chicago- would Rahm try to block them or run them out?

soonercruiser
8/4/2012, 09:26 PM

LWers who hate Christians should be disqualified from posting!
(sarcasm)

Curly Bill
8/4/2012, 10:03 PM
I just want to know if a large Muslim owned company wanted to locate in Chicago- would Rahm try to block them or run them out?

You saying Obammy is gonna start a company back in Chicago?

StoopTroup
8/5/2012, 05:28 AM
A good example of a responsible businessman in this case might be Bill Marriott. I believe he had a much better grasp on how to express his personal views instead of take Chick FIL A's CEOs original approach he viewed to Baptist TV I think it was.

In Marriott’s personal life, marriage is something reserved for a man and a woman. But he has long been reluctant to impose that view on the company his father founded. Not only could that crimp the company’s $12 billion in sales, it might demoralize employees working in more than 3,700 Marriott properties worldwide. With Mitt Romney’s presidential run and same-sex marriage in the headlines, we spoke about his stance as Mormon leaders were being held up for scrutiny again.
“This church helped me raise a family and has brought great joy and happiness to my life,” he told me. But that didn’t mean gay employees had any less status at Marriott. “We have to take care of our people, regardless of their sexual orientation or anything else,” he said. “We are an American Church. We have all the American values: the values of hard work, the values of integrity, the values of fairness and respect.”*Marriott has both a deep faith and a deep understanding of his responsibility as a leader. Many of his shareholders, customers, and employees don’t belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Their values matter, too.
“Our church is very much opposed to alcohol and we’re probably one of the biggest sales engines of liquor in the United States. I don’t drink. We serve a lot of liquor. You’re in business. You’ve got to make money,” he said. “We have to appeal to the masses out there, no matter what their beliefs are.”
As a result, when his church actively campaigned against same-sex marriage in California, neither Marriott nor the hotel chain donated any money to the cause. Instead, he stepped into the drama by publicly reinforcing his company’s commitment to gay rights through domestic partners benefits and services aimed at gay couples.
Contrast that with the approach of Chick-fil-A President Dan Cathy. His company is also committed to treating gay employees and customers at its 1,608 outlets with the same “honor, dignity, and respect” as everyone else gets. “Going forward,” the company says, “our intent is to leave the policy debate over same-sex marriage to the government and political arena.”

http://mobile.businessweek.com/articles/2012-07-26/god-and-gay-marriage-what-chick-fil-a-could-learn-from-marriott

StoopTroup
8/5/2012, 05:39 AM
Anybody that thinks focus on the family is a hate group is just wack, sorry.

That is so laughable. But then, that hate book called the Bible says, good will be called evil and evil, good.

Of course, its just fantasy.

I

And hate.

Unless the SCOTUS decides that Corporations are people too and then any CEO that might express a view such as Bill Marriott did....they might be trying to shelter their hatred by hiding behind their religion while stating what I posted above.

I think maybe the SCOTUS might have made a huge mistake allowing Corporations to be people. LoL

As long as your Corporation is doing it for the money...it's OK. LMAO

soonercruiser
8/5/2012, 01:26 PM

Or, a differnce in TAKING money from hatefuil persons or groups?
(George Soros, for instance)

yermom
8/5/2012, 03:20 PM
ooh, the Right's boogey man. what hate group is that?

LiveLaughLove
8/5/2012, 03:36 PM
You people have no concept of what the word hate means. It doesn't mean oppose an agenda.

Hate means hate. You use the word until it has no meaning. I know Focus on the Family and James Dobson's stuff VERY well. There isn't a bit of hate in it.

I know the people of my church and many many other churches, I have never once heard anyone say anything that could be construed as hate toward gays.

Do we oppose their agenda? ABSOLUTELY! But do I hate gays? ABSOLUTELY NOT! I pray for their souls, which is more than any of you sanctimoniously self righteous hypocrites do.

I believe they have souls, just like every one else, and they are precious in God's eyes. I want fervently for them to repent and receive salvation. That my friend, is love.

THAT is the loving your neighbor as yourself that the Bible speaks of, not the idiotic way you choose to use it.

To ask or demand of us, that we simply disown or heart felt beliefs and let the homosexual agenda run amok in this nation is as absurd as you think it is to "pray the gay" out. It's not happening, and it dang sure ain't hate.

yermom
8/5/2012, 03:43 PM
what agenda is that? the equal rights agenda?

pphilfran
8/5/2012, 03:53 PM
What rights are you concerned with? I will voice my opinion on each...

SoonerProphet
8/5/2012, 04:54 PM
I pray for their souls, which is more than any of you sanctimoniously self righteous hypocrites do.

Funny stuff right here.

jkjsooner
8/5/2012, 05:14 PM
I haven't seen a post from anyone on here who supported government action against Chick-fil-A. I'm sure someone will bring up one but most Democrats here have said that Emanuel and others stepped out of line.

I'm sure plenty of gay rights supporters would vote with their wallets if a Muslim business owner came out against gay marriage. Plenty of liberal women's rights groups have been openly critical of Muslims on women's rights so there is a lot of precedent.

So, anyway, it's easy to attribute an individual's belief to all Democrats or Republicans and come out believing they are all hypocrites.

cleller
8/5/2012, 07:23 PM
A good example of a responsible businessman in this case might be Bill Marriott. I believe he had a much better grasp on how to express his personal views instead of take Chick FIL A's CEOs original approach he viewed to Baptist TV I think it was.

http://mobile.businessweek.com/articles/2012-07-26/god-and-gay-marriage-what-chick-fil-a-could-learn-from-marriott

Hmmm. Interesting. I guess Rahm is oily enough to claim Marriott's feelings toward gay marriage are somehow different enough to preclude him from running them out of Chicago.

badger
8/6/2012, 08:15 AM
Like me, you now will never be able to look at a "COEXIST" bumper sticker without picturing this parody in your head:
http://westcoastfiya.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/coexist.jpg

Seriously now though, some people, especially politicians, like to open their mouths too quickly (remember Obama saying "behaved stupidly" and then calling a beer summit?). This is probably one of those situations.

StoopTroup
8/6/2012, 08:17 AM
C'mon, C, aint nobody should be run out of business for their beliefs and
you know it. Folks on the left got rocks for brains if they say that, just like
folks on the right for some of the crap they spout...

Yet you'd lose your job if you voiced your opinion. Also if you were a gay Espicopal Minister who wanted to back his Son as a Franchiser, I'm guessing they would turn you down even if you had 10 million in the bank and agreed to keep your stores closed on Sundays.

StoopTroup
8/6/2012, 08:22 AM
You people have no concept of what the word hate means. It doesn't mean oppose an agenda.

Hate means hate. You use the word until it has no meaning. I know Focus on the Family and James Dobson's stuff VERY well. There isn't a bit of hate in it.

I know the people of my church and many many other churches, I have never once heard anyone say anything that could be construed as hate toward gays.

Do we oppose their agenda? ABSOLUTELY! But do I hate gays? ABSOLUTELY NOT! I pray for their souls, which is more than any of you sanctimoniously self righteous hypocrites do.

I believe they have souls, just like every one else, and they are precious in God's eyes. I want fervently for them to repent and receive salvation. That my friend, is love.

THAT is the loving your neighbor as yourself that the Bible speaks of, not the idiotic way you choose to use it.

To ask or demand of us, that we simply disown or heart felt beliefs and let the homosexual agenda run amok in this nation is as absurd as you think it is to "pray the gay" out. It's not happening, and it dang sure ain't hate.

Does "I love a good Hot Dog!" mean your gonna have secs with it ?