PDA

View Full Version : Captain Kirk!

MsProudSooner
8/2/2012, 10:45 PM
A quote from Dr. McCoy is appropriate: The bureaucratic mentality is the only constant in the universe.

http://www.examiner.com/article/tsa-pull-william-shatner-s-pants-down-during-strip-search-exposing-his-starship

Chuck Bao
8/2/2012, 11:39 PM
Well, they do make men take off their belts these days and stand there with our arms straight out at the sides. I've been afraid of something similar happening to me.

yermom
8/3/2012, 08:30 AM
81, damn

but seriously, patting down Captain Kirk? doesn't he have some Priceline connections or something?

dude has been on TV pretty much constantly for 6 decades and you are going to treat him like that? maybe they were a REALLY big fan and wanted to see the starship up close :D

olevetonahill
8/3/2012, 08:33 AM
81, damn

but seriously, patting down Captain Kirk? doesn't he have some Priceline connections or something?

dude has been on TV pretty much constantly for 6 decades and you are going to treat him like that? maybe they were a REALLY big fan and wanted to see the starship up close :D

Like I've said, I prolly will never fly again. No place I need to get to in that much of a rush, Will drive or maybe Like I mentioned awhile back Take Amtrak.

I refuse to be treated like some kind of Stock that is being run thru an auction or something

TheHumanAlphabet
8/3/2012, 09:08 AM
TSA - a bunch of wanna be cops that were too stupid to make it and nwo have some small amount of power and relish in it.

KantoSooner
8/3/2012, 10:47 AM
^^^^^ This

oudanny
8/3/2012, 11:35 AM
...........boldly going where no man has gone before.

sooneron
8/3/2012, 11:59 AM
I'm pretty sure Esquire stated in a guide, that while travelling on a long flight or drive, you should wear briefs or boxer briefs. No commando or boxers.

yermom
8/3/2012, 12:14 PM
Like I've said, I prolly will never fly again. No place I need to get to in that much of a rush, Will drive or maybe Like I mentioned awhile back Take Amtrak.

I refuse to be treated like some kind of Stock that is being run thru an auction or something

i hate flying. i try to avoid it whenever possible. i have to be pressed for time or be going pretty darn far away

olevetonahill
8/3/2012, 12:50 PM
i hate flying. i try to avoid it whenever possible. i have to be pressed for time or be going pretty darn far away

And at My Age, I aint in a hurry to get anywhere.:ambivalence:

StoopTroup
8/3/2012, 06:50 PM
Flying is no big deal. Those that don't fly are making way to big of a deal about the TSA.

I'm glad they search Granny just like they search Shatner or make Baldwin turn his electronic devices off.

People are way to uptight and IMO they should honor the 911 fallen and submit to any search that might uncover any terrorist activity that those idiots might continue to try on our aircraft in the continental US.

yermom
8/3/2012, 07:00 PM
Flying is no big deal. Those that don't fly are making way to big of a deal about the TSA.

I'm glad they search Granny just like they search Shatner or make Baldwin turn his electronic devices off.

People are way to uptight and IMO they should honor the 911 fallen and submit to any search that might uncover any terrorist activity that those idiots might continue to try on our aircraft in the continental US.

it's more about making people think they are safe than making people safe

and flying sucks. being herded like cattle into overcrowded confined spaces on a crappy schedule and paying big money to wait in lines of security aren't my idea of fun. unless i have to drive over more than one day, driving is a better experience to me.

StoopTroup
8/4/2012, 09:23 PM
Maybe they should have never de-regulated it all.

rock on sooner
8/4/2012, 09:29 PM
And at My Age, I aint in a hurry to get anywhere.:ambivalence:

Listen, ya pup, ya keep up with that 'scuse 'bout yer age n
purty soon, you'll believe it...so knock it off..:excitement:

Chuck Bao
8/5/2012, 01:42 AM

True that. But sometimes the nerves are tested to the max. For example, when arriving at a US international airport after a 12-hour cross Pacific flight, one is directed outside of the secured area and have to queue up sometimes for another half hour to two hours to get back into the secured area and possibly missing all the subsequent connecting flights. And, that is after having already gone through 2-3 security checks at various airports from the starting airport and the connecting airports as well. If each country feels that they have to do their own security check, I'm not sure that I'm feeling so reassured.

StoopTroup
8/5/2012, 05:00 AM
International Flights are a whole different animal and many folks might ought to talk to their Doctor McCoy for a little help if they have trouble relaxing. Better to take a pill than to have the Air Marshall Tazer you and restrain you with tie wraps for 12 hours....lol

http://m.toledoblade.com/image/2012/03/28/800x_b1_cCM_z_cT/jetblue-captain.jpg