PDA

View Full Version : What kind of stuff do you guys want to read on here?

stoops the eternal pimp
8/2/2012, 04:50 PM
I'm been kicking around a few idea of some weekly threads to do...Of course, I already do the ***Official Score Thread***, I've done Know Their Quarterback threads some posters have said they liked. I stay away from recruiting stuff and 75 along with the others do a good job keeping that up.. So:

Maybe something NFL prospect related to that week's game as far as who OU is facing
Maybe a weekly scouting report on a Sooner NFL prospect
Maybe some more Xs and Os type stuff

What do you want to see here?

badger
8/2/2012, 04:53 PM
Have any ideas for on-season polls? I've been cranking out the offseason crap for a few offseasons now

We definitely need more NFL updates. I hardly get to read about the ones that aren't from the localish clubs (rams, chiefs and cowboys)

stoops the eternal pimp
8/2/2012, 04:55 PM
I haven't thought about it but I can!..

goingoneight
8/2/2012, 04:59 PM
Why they might win/Why we'll kick their arses threads to me are interesting. You can't say you won't be warned that way.

SoonerofAlabama
8/2/2012, 04:59 PM
I'd like more info on some of the players on the teams woe will be playing.

8timechamps
8/2/2012, 05:42 PM
Since you're more the NFL guru, some things more specific to the NFL (maybe current Sooner players, etc).

85sooners
8/2/2012, 05:45 PM
Make threads on how good ou is and there's no way they will ever lose again

cccasooner2
8/2/2012, 07:16 PM
I would like
A weekly scouting report on a Sooner NFL prospect,

Xs and Os type stuff beyond the normal BS written on ESPN, CBS etc. For example most analysis goes like this: What the OU offense needs to do: "Landry needs to relax in the pocket and complete more than 65% of his passes." What the OU defense needs to do: "Forget the Boise State lateral, hunker down, and show some moxie. Mike has to forget he's not in the desert anymore."

Maybe it would be too hard to do but each team we face will have its strenghts and weaknesses. What are the foes tendancies that we can exploit or need to worry about? How should we defend slip screens from a higher level? I wouldn't want secrets given out or anything like that but a little higher level decriptions than the regular fluff.

PLaw
8/2/2012, 07:49 PM
It's probably impossible to do in the modern message board era, but back in the day GenCutler used to do some great practice updates giving insight on up and comers and just how the practices were going. Always looking for pulse of the team insights.

Just sayin'

Boomer

SoonerObsession
8/2/2012, 08:36 PM
Might as well make the "Make fun of other team's coach thread" a sticky.

soonerboy_odanorth
8/2/2012, 11:54 PM
*DOOMED* thread.

You must have a *DOOMED* thread.

:D

NYC Poke
8/3/2012, 02:16 AM
Is it still possible to fire Brent Venables? Those always seemed popular.

SoonerCLF
8/3/2012, 02:29 AM
X's and O's, somethin' like breakin' down the previous game and looking ahead to next opponent.

better yet, just do all of 'em that you listed... :loyal:

stoops the eternal pimp
8/3/2012, 08:48 AM
Some good idea in this thread..I try to only do threads that I don't have to go through too many if other sources or read off of the oklahoman, so if anyone is a practice follower, they should keep that up.

I'll try to do a current Sooner in the NFL, current Sooner as an NFL prospect...

I know I won't have ask anyone to lead up the hell, fire, and brimstone threads when/if things go wrong.

MamaMia
8/3/2012, 11:46 AM
Know Their Quarterback threads are fun. :)

BillyBall
8/3/2012, 12:00 PM
What about a "Know Your Enemy" type thing that covers everything from their state to their stadium to their current roster, etc? Kind of similar to what Wide Right and Natty Light does for ISU.

goingoneight
8/3/2012, 12:04 PM
Looks like opponent research is the winnar here. Might help calm one or two of the three thousand Chicken Little trolls' heads from exploding after a close game or a loss. Then again, they're still trying to figure out how we weren't undefeated in 2005 and 2009 probably.

Mississippi Sooner
8/3/2012, 12:09 PM
As long as it doesn't affect the quantity or quality of your poop threads, I'm good with just about anything.

cccasooner2
8/3/2012, 12:13 PM
Some practice videos are up now. http://www.soonersports.com/allaccess/index.html?media=324037

stoops the eternal pimp
8/3/2012, 12:19 PM
As long as it doesn't affect the quantity or quality of your poop threads, I'm good with just about anything.

Those are pretty easy for me to analyze.

Jason White's Third Knee
8/3/2012, 12:34 PM
I want to know more about the various units like the lines etc. how are they stacking up.

setem
8/3/2012, 12:37 PM
How about a daily Tea Bag picture thread? We give you a object and you attempt to Tea Bag it!

1st Assignment: Mrs. Stoops Pink Avon Cadillac

badger
8/3/2012, 01:06 PM
I want you to do a random Google News search and then post what you come up with.

It's how I found crazy sh!t on Craig James and Mike Leach all those months :)

olevetonahill
8/3/2012, 01:10 PM
Must be a Bunch of Panty waist here.

Give us Nude Pics of the Opposing Teams Cheer Leaders :encouragement:

rock on sooner
8/3/2012, 01:58 PM

Hell, Vet, I can member some of 'em that'd make ya go blind if'n
ya saw 'em nekkid...

olevetonahill
8/3/2012, 02:00 PM
ya saw 'em nekkid...
Yea but we aint gots to play A&M anymore

rock on sooner
8/3/2012, 02:48 PM
Yea but we aint gots to play A&M anymore

True dat!!

Scott D
8/3/2012, 04:04 PM
more updates on the quarterback search by the Clusterbomb of Fail.

OU_Sooners75
8/3/2012, 06:57 PM
I'm been kicking around a few idea of some weekly threads to do...Of course, I already do the ***Official Score Thread***, I've done Know Their Quarterback threads some posters have said they liked. I stay away from recruiting stuff and 75 along with the others do a good job keeping that up.. So:

Maybe something NFL prospect related to that week's game as far as who OU is facing
Maybe a weekly scouting report on a Sooner NFL prospect
Maybe some more Xs and Os type stuff

What do you want to see here?

Hell sweetpea, I would love to see a weekly top 3 NFL prospects draft board type thing.

Knowing you, you have a much better evaluation than kyber or anyone else at the major networks.

I always enjoy reading your analysis of nfl prospects even if I disagree with some of them. You definitely know your **** when it comes to that stuff.

En_Fuego
8/3/2012, 10:50 PM
Seriously STEP ?

You know all of our sick minds want the "DELETE ME" thread !!!!!!!!!!

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa163/tabagista/gif.gif

Jason White's Third Knee
8/4/2012, 12:01 PM

ya saw 'em nekkid...

It's not the lookin at em that makes you go blind. It's what you are doing while you look at em.

rock on sooner
8/4/2012, 04:38 PM
It's not the lookin at em that makes you go blind. It's what you are doing while you look at em.

Izzat why ya keep bumpin into things?:friendly_wink: