PDA

View Full Version : Good article about Sam and the Rams

westbrooke
8/2/2012, 12:24 PM
Didn't see this posted already. (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/jim_trotter/08/01/sam-bradford-st-louis-rams/index.html?sct=nfl_wr_a2) Slipped off the SI front page pretty quickly. But it had some encouraging thoughts about Sam for this year, including this line I really liked:

This much is certain: If the Rams give Bradford time and options, he'll capitalize. He wasn't voted Offensive Rookie of the Year in 2010 by accident. Fisher knows it. After watching Bradford dissect the defense on the opening day of training camp, Fisher sat in the shade outside the locker room and leaned over to a visitor.

"Sam's really good," he said. "No, I mean really good."

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/jim_trotter/08/01/sam-bradford-st-louis-rams/index.html#ixzz22PVhn4Kj

BoulderSooner79
8/2/2012, 12:39 PM
I've believed that the Rams going with McDaniel as the OC and QB coach caused a big set back for Sam. This will be the 3rd OC in 3 years, but I think it will be positive in the long run assuming there is a long run. The Rams should give Fisher time to develop the type of team he wants.

SoonerAtKU
8/2/2012, 01:22 PM
I've believed that the Rams going with McDaniel as the OC and QB coach caused a big set back for Sam. This will be the 3rd OC in 3 years, but I think it will be positive in the long run assuming there is a long run. The Rams should give Fisher time to develop the type of team he wants.

I think that McDaniel as an OC could have worked if the Rams had more talent on the OL, better luck in regards to injuries, and an actual offseason to prepare. It was just a perfect storm of a bad situation, as it was.

stoops the eternal pimp
8/2/2012, 01:29 PM
It was such a drastic change from the previous season to last year as far as style of offense..retraining lineman in blocking concepts without an offseason is rough..

The setback that I can see it being working with him though is that McDaniel is an egomaniac..And something doesn't work, he really isn't the best at fixing it.

westbrooke
8/2/2012, 01:46 PM
I think that McDaniel as an OC could have worked if the Rams had more talent on the OL, better luck in regards to injuries, and an actual offseason to prepare. It was just a perfect storm of a bad situation, as it was.

Yeah, that factor in particular seemed to be pretty devastating. It's hard enough to learn a new offense without introducing the constraints on coach-player contact and practice that the lockout imposed.

SoonerAtKU
8/2/2012, 01:52 PM
It was such a drastic change from the previous season to last year as far as style of offense..retraining lineman in blocking concepts without an offseason is rough..

The setback that I can see it being working with him though is that McDaniel is an egomaniac..And something doesn't work, he really isn't the best at fixing it.

Absolutely. He was a "let's look at the tape" guy and not a "fix it NOW at halftime" guy.