PDA

View Full Version : AT&T Uverse

FtwTxSooner
8/1/2012, 03:06 PM
Does anyone here currently have them for TV? I'm looking to switch from my current provider, though from what I've read, HD quality on Uverse sucks. I don't know if this was from just fanboys of their own service, or if there really is a quality problem. I'd like to make the switch before football season kicks into high gear.

badger
8/1/2012, 03:12 PM
Are you getting sick of Cox Cable also? Our neighbors recently switched to AT&T and have said that the only difference and annoyance is having to re-learn all of the channel numbers.

Turd_Ferguson
8/1/2012, 05:20 PM
Does anyone here currently have them for TV? I'm looking to switch from my current provider, though from what I've read, HD quality on Uverse sucks. I don't know if this was from just fanboys of their own service, or if there really is a quality problem. I'd like to make the switch before football season kicks into high gear.If you're on copper, ask them how far you are from the RT. If it's more than 3k ft, tell'm to f off. If you're on fiber, your tv and innerwebs will scream.

jkjsooner
8/2/2012, 10:52 AM
I've had Comcast (2 different service areas), Verizon FiOS, and Time Warner in the various places I've lived over the last few years. The reason they sucked is something that's easily correctable. The DVR's are completely underpowered. They were frustratingly slow to respond to user input and would at times not respond for 20-30 seconds. FiOS was better than the other two.

I finally got DirecTV at my new house. Their DVR's are very responsive.

I just don't get the cable companies with their cheap DVR's. You'd think an upgrade on their DVR's would be beneficial in the long run. Not only would they not lose clients because of this but you gotta believe they spend a lot more money on technical support than it would cost to upgrade them...

Penny wise pound foolish.

StoopTroup
8/2/2012, 11:32 AM
They all blow.

Boomer.....
8/2/2012, 11:47 AM
I was wanting to switch, but I don't want to have to attach a cable box to each tv. I have most of mine hung on the wall and one in the garage, so that wouldn't work.

badger
8/2/2012, 11:48 AM
True story: A poor teenager (he was at least younger than me I'd say) drove up and said that he couldn't find my neighbor's cable box so he asked if he could check our yard. Remember that these are the guys that just quit Cox for AT&T U-Verse.

Anyways, he checks our backyard and can't find it there either.

Even though we are customers, we have not ever thought highly of Cox. Back when our dogs were far more destructive puppies, they would dig up Cox cable wires in our backyard and chew them apart... and Cox was like "Durr, no signal loss!" Apparently, they string their wires wherever the hell they want. When something goes wrong, they don't repair old ones, they just string new ones wherever.

Thus, my dogs could chew through every damn Cox cable in the backyard and probably nobody would lose service over it.