PDA

View Full Version : RB Greg Bryant Decommits (our highest rated recruit)

colleyvillesooner
7/30/2012, 09:58 PM
@rivalsmike: Florida RB Greg Bryant has de-committed from #Oklahoma according to his dad. Wants to play in SEC, #Auburn and #Gamecocks on top.

WE have other good backs in the class, but this stings.

picasso
7/30/2012, 10:49 PM
I feel fine.

OU_Sooners75
7/30/2012, 11:14 PM
He visits ou as his final official visit.

Not really at all surprised. The kid seemed to use ou to gain even more notority from the sec. And don't be surprised if dad got a call from an auburn booster.

Ford is probably the better rb of the two anyway but it does suck.

Seamus
7/31/2012, 05:16 AM
F M

8timechamps
7/31/2012, 04:53 PM
Sucks. But, they saw this one coming. About a week after he committed in Norman, he scheduled a visit to Auburn. Typically, when a kid commits, there is no reason to visit another campus. That was kind of a sign.

It would have been great to have him next year, but his initial commitment was kind of a surprise.

Not too worried about depth at the running back position.

Curly Bill
7/31/2012, 05:09 PM
Can't say that I'm too surprised by this, not that I had any particular reason beyond he's from SEC country and how highly rated he is.

OU_Sooners75
7/31/2012, 07:56 PM
Sucks. But, they saw this one coming. About a week after he committed in Norman, he scheduled a visit to Auburn. Typically, when a kid commits, there is no reason to visit another campus. That was kind of a sign.

It would have been great to have him next year, but his initial commitment was kind of a surprise.

Not too worried about depth at the running back position.

It wasnt the fact that he set other visits that irks me about this kid.

After he committed he was on record stating that his recruiting process was far from over and that he was going to take all five officials.

The biggest issue, I have with this kid, is the fact that OU was the first big time program that offered him. He immediately jumped at the chance to visit OU (unofficially) and he ended up committing on the spot.

It isnt the fact that he was overwhelmed and influenced by his visit to OU, but the fact that he knew that he was wanted to stay closer to home to play...and since he had ZERO offers before OU from any BCS conference, he committed.

Once committed to OU, he starts to get offers from the SEC. And he chooses to take them.

His loss. He will end up playing at a middle tier SEC team and miss out on conference and national championship caliber teams.

The NCAA needs to shorten the recruit signing period. They need to shorten the recruiting period, period!

That said, I would much rather have a 3 star RB commit to OU because he wants to play at OU over any of these stupid brainwashed kids any day! We (SOONERS) will win without him!

Sabanball
7/31/2012, 08:03 PM
Don't count out Georgia--with the loss of Isaiah Crowell, they will likely be in the running for his services as well.

marfacowboy
7/31/2012, 08:05 PM
Don't let the door hit you in the *** on the way out. If he doesn't know he wants to be here, let him go. If he goes to Auburn, he'll be playing for the second best team in that state and the 4th best team in the SEC West. Have fun!

BoulderSooner79
7/31/2012, 09:22 PM
We are now listed at #23 on rivals for the '13 class behind (drum-roll please...) Penn State!

8timechamps
8/1/2012, 07:08 PM
It wasnt the fact that he set other visits that irks me about this kid.

After he committed he was on record stating that his recruiting process was far from over and that he was going to take all five officials.

The biggest issue, I have with this kid, is the fact that OU was the first big time program that offered him. He immediately jumped at the chance to visit OU (unofficially) and he ended up committing on the spot.

It isnt the fact that he was overwhelmed and influenced by his visit to OU, but the fact that he knew that he was wanted to stay closer to home to play...and since he had ZERO offers before OU from any BCS conference, he committed.

Once committed to OU, he starts to get offers from the SEC. And he chooses to take them.

His loss. He will end up playing at a middle tier SEC team and miss out on conference and national championship caliber teams.

The NCAA needs to shorten the recruit signing period. They need to shorten the recruiting period, period!

That said, I would much rather have a 3 star RB commit to OU because he wants to play at OU over any of these stupid brainwashed kids any day! We (SOONERS) will win without him!

I can understand that, but I wasn't "sold" on his commitment in the first place (because of the reasons you listed). The real issue is that recruiting nowadays is so publicized that some recruits make quick decisions to get that instant gratification. Too bad that he doesn't have someone in his life that could have counseled him through the process. He'll probably "love" every school he visits, then regret his decision a year from now.

Better to know now than a year from now.

OU_Sooners75
8/2/2012, 02:23 AM
I can understand that, but I wasn't "sold" on his commitment in the first place (because of the reasons you listed). The real issue is that recruiting nowadays is so publicized that some recruits make quick decisions to get that instant gratification. Too bad that he doesn't have someone in his life that could have counseled him through the process. He'll probably "love" every school he visits, then regret his decision a year from now.

Better to know now than a year from now.

I am not sold on any recruit until they put ink to the LOI and fax it in!

8timechamps
8/2/2012, 06:01 PM
I am not sold on any recruit until they put ink to the LOI and fax it in!

True, but there is a big difference in being confident about a guy like D.J. Ward, and a guy like Greg Bryant.