PDA

View Full Version : Monday poll: Which Big 12 stadium sucks the most

badger
7/30/2012, 09:08 AM
Three days of anonymous voting. Your nominees (only from the current Big 12) are as follows...

UT: DKR - Texas Memorial Stadium (Austin, Texas)
http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Texas+Tech+v+Texas+2hZHvVdS15ll.jpg
Why it sucks: Because in addition to being filled with whorns, they just can't decide on a damn name (formerly War Memorial Stadium, Memorial Stadium, and Texas Memorial Stadium). It's current capacity of 100,119 only gets that high after all the later arriving whorns and before all of the early leaving whorns. It's Godzillatron is mostly filled with ads. It's giant capacity hangs up I-35 traffic. It's Texas. And it therefore sucks.

Baylor: Floyd Casey Stadium (Waco, Texas)
http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/simages/1019.jpg
Why it sucks: While it's capacity is 50,000, the tarp covering the endzone ensures that it will never get close, but they could use a half dozen more tarps to fill all of the empty seats on any given Saturday. You might think that it's nice to have leg room. Stadiums are not intended to give you leg room unless you're a rich booster! Oh, and it's off-campus, making it an incredibly long trek to carry that downed goalpost when you beat the Aggies.

Tech: Jones AT&T Stadium (Lubbock, Texas)
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/2c/JonesATT.jpg/250px-JonesATT.jpg
Why it sucks: Seriously, is that a campus lecture hall building or a football stadium? Hard to tell from that angle. And with all of the sand you'll get in your eyes stemming from the fact that LUBBOCK HAS NO TREES, you and a mere 60,454 of your closest foul mouthed enemies will not be able to watch football anyways, so let's unscrew the bleachers and rush the field three times before the game is over. Stupid Raiders.

TCU: Amon G. Carter Stadium (Fort Worth, Texas)
http://www.magazine.tcu.edu/Assets/Images/409CVaerial.jpg
Why it sucks: You are new to the Big 12, so perhaps 45,000 was an acceptable capacity in the MWC, Big East, or any other conference you were planning to play in, but dag nabbit, this is WORSE THAN BAYLOR. I know that you are expanding, and it's really cool that you get to host the Armed Forces Bowl when you're not in renovation mode, but I really can't ignore 45k capacity. That just sucks.

OU: Oklahoma Memorial Stadium (Norman, Oklahoma)
http://www.rankopedia.com/CandidatePix/71761.gif
Why it sucks: If you don't like to hear "Boomer Sooner," you are in for a very long game. If you were planning to bring in filled-bottle water, you are outta luck. As you can see, not really a whole lot of suck. Moving on...

OSU: Boone Pickens Stadium (Stillwater, Oklahoma)
http://www.themaneater.com/media/2009/1020/photos/blog016a.jpg
Why it sucks: It's nice that you are outta the embarrassing low capacity category and up to 60,218, but you have dinky "jumbotrons" attached to your GIA that are really hard to see from a distance, especially of your eyes are already blinded by the insurmountable amount of bright orange everywhere. And if that doesn't blind you, having an east-west configured stadium will if you're on the wrong side. Seriously, you just weren't thinking that day, were you.

KU: Memorial Stadium (Lawrence, Kansas)
http://media.kansan.com/img/photos/2008/09/24/1A_C_crowd_jg_WEB.jpg
Why it sucks: I'll let the 50,071 capacity thing go, because you have A TRACK AROUND YOUR STADIUM. That is sooooooo outta style. Fans wanna be closer to the field so they can hear Mangino screaming about hot dogs, KU. Ah, who are we kidding. You only care about the Phog.

KSU: Snyder Family Stadium (Manhattan, Kansas)
http://portraitarts.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/bill-snyder-stadium-3.jpg
Why it sucks: While your bleachers no longer give you splinters in your butts, your dinky capacity of 50,000 means that your football better be good. And you named it after the only guy that can give you a winning program. And I hate to remind you all of this, but Snyder is getting old and one of these days, he's going to retire for reals. Also, your stupid mascot pregame skits are stupid.

ISU: Jack Trice Stadium (Ames, Iowa)
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/5/55/Jack_Trice_Stadium%2C_daytime.jpg/800px-Jack_Trice_Stadium%2C_daytime.jpg
Why it sucks: GIANTIC SCOREBOARD RAWRRRRRRR. Nope, still not intimidated. What a meh stadium.

WVU: Mountaineer Field at Milan Puskar Stadium (Morgantown, WV)
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f8/WVU_Opening_Game_Mountaineer_Field.jpg/798px-WVU_Opening_Game_Mountaineer_Field.jpg
Why it sucks: Seriously? That's the name? SERIOUSLY?!

Vote away and add your own suckitude stories.

badger
7/30/2012, 11:29 AM
I voted for Baylor, based on how much not-fun that stadium was. Sure, the fans were brown nosing nice-nice (maybe only a degree below Nebrasky), but for the most part, it was a quiet, open-seat stadium. Zzzzz.

Poke State was the worst experience fan-wise, as a lot of orange clad baddies were constantly trying to pick fights with us crimson-clad people. But, at least it felt like being at a real college football game.

Tech was also annoying. Tons of open seats. Sandy windiness and really not enjoyable.

As for ex-Big 12ers, Texas A&M could make you feel like you were going to die with their little drum-only silent entrance, and how offended they can get at the littlest things. Nebraska over-nice-nice about everything. Colorado was pretty un-football fanwise, but at least it was fun watching them throw marshmallows and the cold weather made it feel football-like

deweydw
7/30/2012, 11:33 AM
Poke State - Running east/west. And not a lot of room on the sidelines.

SoonerBread
7/30/2012, 11:56 AM
KU, cuz it looks like a mid-major.

Ex-B12, Mizzou. Cuz it just plain sucked. Hated that stadium. Nice campus, crap stadium.

Jason White's Third Knee
7/30/2012, 12:39 PM
Poke State - Running east/west. And not a lot of room on the sidelines.

What he said. Plus the fans are trained to be *** bags. Beating on the pads is annoying, not scary. Oh, and the fans are trained to be *** bags.

PalmBeachSooner
7/30/2012, 12:41 PM
Poke-me-in-the-behind State. The field is ugly, the seating crappy, the fans even uglier and crappier. I actually like going to Baylor to see OU play especially for my kids. They could high-five the players as they come in and out of the locker rooms.

fwsooner22
7/30/2012, 01:35 PM
The notes say TCU is expanding.....actually they are renovating and are actually decreasing the number of seats. Stinkin' brilliant.

stoops the eternal pimp
7/30/2012, 01:40 PM
I hated everything about Kstate...The fans I encountered kept me from having an open mind about anything else there.

Salt City Sooner
7/30/2012, 04:00 PM
Actual stadium itself: I'd have to go with Iowa State. We stopped there a couple of times on our trips up to Mayo Clinic last summer. Long story short, I've seen a few H.S. stadiums that I'd rate above JTS. Looking around the place only made my respect for what Rhodes has been able to accomplish there increase.

Stadium location: KSU. The thing's across the street from a frickin' feed lot, & not to insinuate anything (oh, wait, that's exactly what I'm doing) but a clothespin can come in pretty handy if the wind is just right.

cccasooner2
7/30/2012, 04:12 PM
I hated everything about Kstate...The fans I encountered kept me from having an open mind about anything else there.

So that's one abstain? KSU = 0

PMKMDJ
7/30/2012, 05:56 PM
KSU, i walked by it on my way to a basketball game and though I was at my HS. Nice chain link fence on the perimeter.

SicEmBaylor
7/30/2012, 06:04 PM
You all are now free to hate The Case as much as you want for the next two years. :D

goingoneight
7/30/2012, 09:50 PM
I'll say OSU's is improved over what was one of the worst a few years back for a supposed "team on the rise." I agree that the beating on the walls with sticks thing is not funny nor intimidating, it's annoying and doesn't help their cause at all (see: Landry Jones two TD passes in the middle of "get loud time" circa 2010 and Collin Klein is still running crazy on that OSU defense. Still, it's not THE worst.

Baylor, KU, KSU and Taco Tech's all have OSU's stadium beat as far as what "sucks." Til Snyder, Mangino, Leach and RG3 came along, we could make a case for those four programs doing nothing more than four random Conference USA scrubs would have done in this league. I still say their stadiums and programs have watered this league down. I liked the WVU and TCU additions, but let's face it... WVU could easily be the league's next Colorado eventually and TCU is only going as far as Patterson wants to stay IMO. No Patteron at TCU could be as devastating to their program as Tech losing Leach or Snyder retiring from KSU again.

texas bandman
7/30/2012, 10:39 PM
Stillwater, I've never been to any other stadium where the students attacked the opposing band with trashcans full of water on the way into the stadium. Made my hate of everything in Stoolwater lifelong. On the upside, I did get to clock a couple of dooshbags with the bell of my sousaphone when they got too close. I hate anything Aggy.

OUTrumpet
7/31/2012, 01:17 AM
Okie St can't even build their stadium the right way. Especially with a wind coming out of the west. Smell of cow and pig manure slamming you in the face.

Tech is a close second though. Got bronchitis from a 4 1/2 hour game (that we lost cause of bs refs) with a constant wind blowing dust in my face. Was coughing black for days.

TheHumanAlphabet
7/31/2012, 09:25 AM
Is there any doubt. Aggie lite will always be the worst stadium...

Oh, now that the aggies have left the conference, does aggie lite get a promotion?

badger
7/31/2012, 09:28 AM
Oh, now that the aggies have left the conference, does aggie lite get a promotion?

No, they're still beneath Sand Aggies, right?

TheHumanAlphabet
7/31/2012, 11:32 AM
I would think so...

So no regular aggies then...:D

SoonerSpock
7/31/2012, 12:25 PM
There is no question that pukes suck but to envision that BPS sucks more than KU, KSU, Tech, Baylor and ISU's stadiums is a folly. Perhaps TCU's just remodeled Amon Carter Stadium is on par with BP despite having 15,000 fewer seats but that too is doubtful. WVU's Mountaineer Stadium seats as many as Boone and I suspect the environment on game day is better given the long term success their program has experienced as verified by their sellouts something Boone has yet to accomplish.

Net, net Texas and OU have better stadiums than does OSU but the pukes in stoolwater are no worse than the 3rd or 4th best stadium in the league. To think otherwise is merely jaundiced by hatred.

badger
7/31/2012, 12:29 PM
To think otherwise is merely jaundiced by hatred.

The fun part about offseason polls, other than having something to do during offseason, is that they're open questions. In this case, I think that people are voting not based on quality of stadium, but quality of experience... and the orange clads are not exactly the most hospitable when we come to town.

I remember falling asleep on a Norman-bound bus after a Poke afternoon game, waking up about midnight and still not being home. Sh!tty I-35 south traffic. it was like rats escaping a sinking ship. EVERYone wanted out of Stillwater that day.

jkjsooner
7/31/2012, 12:56 PM
Why it sucks: Seriously, is that a campus lecture hall building or a football stadium?

I actually think this is a plus. Stadiums should blend in (while also overshadowing everything due to immense size) with the campus and not look like some concrete eyesore.

I voted Baylor. Just a plain small stadium. They won't remain last once they build the new one.

jkjsooner
7/31/2012, 12:58 PM
The notes say TCU is expanding.....actually they are renovating and are actually decreasing the number of seats. Stinkin' brilliant.

We did that back in the '90s. Then again we didn't do too many brilliant things back then...

tycat947
7/31/2012, 01:48 PM
We did that back in the '90s. Then again we didn't do too many brilliant things back then...

I think the only reason this happened was to meet the ADA (disabled) requirements.

Scott D
7/31/2012, 02:00 PM
I'm giving Baylor a pass since they're going to be building a new house.

8timechamps
7/31/2012, 06:13 PM
I've been fortunate enough to visit every stadium in the Big XII except DKR in Austin and WVU. As much as we all hate Texas, I think it's safe to say Austin is a pretty cool town, and DKR is among the top stadiums in the Big XII. Also, from what I've seen, looks like night games in Morgantown are pretty fun. Otherwise, I can't say much for WVU.

Out of all the stadiums I've visited in the conference, I would nominate "the Jones" (Taco Tech) as the worst in the conference, followed closely by KSU. Fans aside, I've never felt less like being at a game than the times I've been to Lubbock. Granted the last two visits were Sooner losses, so that doesn't help. But the stadium feels like a mid-major stadium, and Lubbock is one of the last places I would ever want to return to for a visit/game.

KSUs stadium just sucks. The few times I've been, it's been horribly cold and extremely windy. There is nothing memorable about the stadium or festivities (even Tach Tech has the occasional tortilla throw). Just lame. Also, K-State fans are like a person in their late 50s that hasn't accomplished anything they wanted to in their life, so they are just miserable to be around.

Jason White's Third Knee
7/31/2012, 06:50 PM
I'm giving Baylor a pass since they're going to be building a new house.

I have only been there once but I liked the stadium a lot. Sure it's small and high school-esque, but it's still roomy and fun. The fans do that bearclaw thing.

I remember a kid behind me saying that OU sucked because Nebraska was beating then way worse at halftime earlier in the year.

CowboyMRW
7/31/2012, 07:02 PM
O yea, we are dominating this poll. What's next?

https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIHnDNozFlE9wGXdUb1n95EQKRWgPzs _ST2I13tPaJEq7LZDj4jQ

Soonerfan88
7/31/2012, 09:44 PM
Also, K-State fans are like a person in their late 50s that hasn't accomplished anything they wanted to in their life, so they are just miserable to be around.

Well, they are at least proud of their bowl games since the banners are all hanging from their stadium. Not the bowl games they won, all the bowl games they've ever played - which is 15 I think. :D

LVSOONER15
7/31/2012, 10:39 PM
TTU just sucks plain and simple.

BajaOklahoma
7/31/2012, 11:18 PM
Nothing can come close to the east/west fiasco in Stillwater.

TCU's Carter Stadium/Moncrief Field - the best thing is the field is built below ground level, so you enter approximately halfway up the stands. Parking is horrendous and expensive, if you can find it. Cops are quick to ticket, so be careful where your park. They used to sell beer at the stadium, as recently as 2010

Baylor - covering the endzone with a tarp because they can't sell the seats. It's like a home game for us though, we have more fans there.

MamaMia
8/1/2012, 10:43 AM
Poke state. Its the wrong direction. They cheat with the speaker system. The fans are rude. It has a smell about it thats nauseating. The beating on the structure as a tradition, parking is bad, security sucks in that they wont even tell a poke to move the hell out of seats you pay for and the 1st down waving of the arm nonsense.

XingTheRubicon
8/1/2012, 10:58 AM
Haven't been to BPS for the same reason I would never go to the DHS. I'm not sitting with those maggots.

Trivia:

What is the only Big XII football stadium, that had a referee (live on national TV) say the words "whiskey bottle," when describing a penalty.

MamaMia
8/1/2012, 11:27 AM
Haven't been to BPS for the same reason I would never go to the DHS. I'm not sitting with those maggots.

Trivia:

What is the only Big XII football stadium, that had a referee (live on national TV) say the words "whiskey bottle," when describing a penalty.Did some fan throw one on the field?

oSuJeff1997
8/1/2012, 11:28 AM
I figured we'd be dominating this poll.

I honestly don't understand what exactly gets you guys' collective panties in such a wad over the east-west configuration. Most big games are at night now, so what difference does it make?

If some of you guys honestly believe that BPS is the worst stadium in the conference, you need to mix in a trip outside of the state of Oklahoma.

I've been to all of the 8 legacy Big 12 members' stadiums, but not WVU or TCU, so I can't comment on those.

Among the 8 legacy schools, Floyd Casey is by far the worst, and it's not close. K-State is probably second worst. ISU is smallish, but OK.

Kansas was also OK I thought. The track needs to go, but the setting is nice.

Tech's fans are awful, but I didn't think the stadium itself was bad.

OU, Texas and OSU all have top-notch facilities.

SicEmBaylor
8/1/2012, 01:10 PM

I honestly don't understand what exactly gets you guys' collective panties in such a wad over the east-west configuration. Most big games are at night now, so what difference does it make?

If some of you guys honestly believe that BPS is the worst stadium in the conference, you need to mix in a trip outside of the state of Oklahoma.

I've been to all of the 8 legacy Big 12 members' stadiums, but not WVU or TCU, so I can't comment on those.

Among the 8 legacy schools, Floyd Casey is by far the worst, and it's not close. K-State is probably second worst. ISU is smallish, but OK.

Most are at night? It has seemed to me that earlier games have been the trend.

picasso
8/1/2012, 02:06 PM

It could be that your dickhead fan base spoiled the party. I've been going to oSu games since the early 80's and I'm glad you guys have finally gotten past being one of the worst D-1 stadiums in the country. Alas, some of your fans (that I know) still have to compare your new digs to Owen Field, completely forgetting that the history and tradition in Norman absolutely trumps shiny new lavatories.
I've always thought that Kansas had the worst in recent years but their campus makes up for it.

oSuJeff1997
8/1/2012, 04:30 PM
It could be that your dickhead fan base spoiled the party. I've been going to oSu games since the early 80's and I'm glad you guys have finally gotten past being one of the worst D-1 stadiums in the country. Alas, some of your fans (that I know) still have to compare your new digs to Owen Field, completely forgetting that the history and tradition in Norman absolutely trumps shiny new lavatories.
I've always thought that Kansas had the worst in recent years but their campus makes up for it.

Oh right -- I forgot the old message board standby that my fan base is awesome and my rival fan base is a bunch of morons. My bad.

badger
8/1/2012, 04:57 PM
Oh right -- I forgot the old message board standby that my fan base is awesome and my rival fan base is a bunch of morons. My bad.

Glad you finally got the memo for your TPS report. Now go squish cockroaches in the basement with Milton Wadams while I steal your Swingline stapler.

bmjlr
8/1/2012, 04:59 PM
K-State is the worst...imo

CowboyMRW
8/1/2012, 05:46 PM
Glad you finally got the memo for your TPS report. Now go squish cockroaches in the basement with Milton Wadams while I steal your Swingline stapler.

Don't "jump to conclusions" about our fanbase. ;)

SicEmBaylor
8/1/2012, 06:52 PM
OSU isn't the worst by a long shot. KSU only beats us out since theirs is at least on campus. Kansas State has one of the ****tiest houses in the country.

champions77
8/2/2012, 03:38 PM
OSU Besides the obvious East- West configuation which is more about being "stupid" than anything else, the high school atmosphere is most annoying with the idiot Public Address announcer with his "agitated cheerleader" behavior, the ugly orange colors, the G-I Arena built into one end, signifying that Aggie Administrators never dreamed they would ever need that space for additional seating, lastly throw in it being the most unsafe stadium in the country, with it's sideline walls being 4 feet from the playing field, another genius move.

Scott D
8/2/2012, 04:10 PM
OSU isn't the worst by a long shot. KSU only beats us out since theirs is at least on campus. Kansas State has one of the ****tiest houses in the country.

as long as Potato State has blue astroturf, second worst ****house in the country is far far far behind worst ****house in the country.

cccasooner2
8/2/2012, 04:34 PM

Don't look now, but ISU is showing Ron Paul numbers.

BigTip
8/2/2012, 10:53 PM
Baylor - covering the endzone with a tarp because they can't sell the seats. It's like a home game for us though, we have more fans there.

I was blown away at the game this year. They were playing US for gawd's sake and they STILL couldn't sell out that puny azz stadium. EmmBEARassing for them.

SicEmBaylor
8/2/2012, 11:49 PM
I was blown away at the game this year. They were playing US for gawd's sake and they STILL couldn't sell out that puny azz stadium. EmmBEARassing for them.
Get over yourself. Playing OU doesn't get us all moist in the netherregions. The only games that sell out at Baylor are former SWC schools.

Having said that, the official numbers were

picasso
8/2/2012, 11:53 PM
Get over yourself. Playing OU doesn't get us all moist in the netherregions. The only games that sell out at Baylor are former SWC schools.

Having said that, the official numbers were
Well considering OU has as many fans at Baylor games, no ****! I kind of liked KSU's house myself, but I was sitting in the suites in '04.:tickled_pink:

picasso
8/2/2012, 11:59 PM
I've encountered countless dickheads in Stillwater while wearing my OU gear. It's not even comparable to anywhere else in the Big 12. If you don't realize this then you're in complete denial.
I've been lucky enough to go to OU games since the early 80's and the only time I can ever remember some OU redneck giving a visiting fan hell was the 2001 k-state game. And that goober was shouted down by other OU fans. I'll admit that OU/oSu brings out the worst in us but you guys are plain goofy.
Why the hell else would I get a lecture by an oSu student giving me a ride from a car dealership in Stillwater on the merits of the family atmosphere at oSu compared to OU. This kid went on and on about how he could have gone to OU but chose oSu because it was special. Who gives a ****? Weird.

SicEmBaylor
8/3/2012, 04:25 AM
Well considering OU has as many fans at Baylor games, no ****! I kind of liked KSU's house myself, but I was sitting in the suites in '04.:tickled_pink:
This has never been true. The claim that opponents have more fans at our games has been bandied about for years and it has consistently been disproven.

champions77
8/3/2012, 01:35 PM
I've encountered countless dickheads in Stillwater while wearing my OU gear. It's not even comparable to anywhere else in the Big 12. If you don't realize this then you're in complete denial.
I've been lucky enough to go to OU games since the early 80's and the only time I can ever remember some OU redneck giving a visiting fan hell was the 2001 k-state game. And that goober was shouted down by other OU fans. I'll admit that OU/oSu brings out the worst in us but you guys are plain goofy.
Why the hell else would I get a lecture by an oSu student giving me a ride from a car dealership in Stillwater on the merits of the family atmosphere at oSu compared to OU. This kid went on and on about how he could have gone to OU but chose oSu because it was special. Who gives a ****? Weird.

+1 Went to the 2002 game in Stoolwater, won't ever go back. Walking to my truck after the game, had one ahole sitting in his Escalade taking a video of us walking, shouted, "I'm loving it, love to see OU fans after getting their arse kicked" Nice Then some drunk students 5-6 of them, noticed us and starting following us down the street, screaming and cussing us all the way. Classy

I guess some of this can be understood due to their abysmal record against us (17 wins in over 100 years) but they don't have the character up there to handle beating us with any class. I was hoping we would go to the best Conference (SEC) and leave the sorry sacks behind, but Boren would have no part of it.

badger
8/3/2012, 02:02 PM
WELL!! What a spirited discussion I had no idea how spirited it would become. Alas, this poll is over so let's just agree that no stadium will ever be as awesome as Oklahoma Memorial Stadium unless they drop the Gaylord name from it hehe

picasso
8/5/2012, 11:36 PM
This has never been true. The claim that opponents have more fans at our games has been bandied about for years and it has consistently been disproven.
Yeah I wasn't being completely serious but I can't for the life of me ever recall seeing an OU road game with such Sooner color filling the craphole stadium.

StoopTroup
8/6/2012, 07:48 AM
It's Baylor. Now...just because it's them doesn't mean that KU, KSU, Taco Tech, poke crap hole and ISU should get a pass.

Also since I haven't ever been to TCU or West Vagina....I can't comment on them as of yet.
Also even though Baylor is building a new place on campus doesn't even put them on the Welcome to the Big XII list of great Venues. It only serves to wonder whether or not putting it next to the river will make it even more of a West Nile Virus of the Big XII. :D

XingTheRubicon
8/6/2012, 12:07 PM

The Waco game in 2000 was probably the most embarrassing home atmosphere I've ever witnessed.

@Midwest City would have been more intimidating

Landthief 1972
8/7/2012, 11:10 AM

Reason #1: Forcing OU fans to by 3-game tickets to your spitoon of a stadium to help ensure OU fans won't show up. Classy.

Reason #2: My buddy who is an OSU fan came out of the OU-OSU game last fall, and some inbred Aggie "alumni" had walked through freshly-poured concrete in his sh!tkickers and then walked all over the hood, roof and trunk of my friend's brand new red Mustang, because only a "gooner" would drive a red car, right?

Reason #3: you stadium is the same cramped hole that is was before; all you've done is slap a coat of paint on it, put in more bathrooms and erected a building in the end zone. Putting T-Boob's name on the building doesn't make the sideline gaps any wider to keep players from both teams from getting splattered against the wall on a vicious hit.

Reason #4: having your players run onto the field while running through a cattle guard is idiotic. You're the CowBOYS, not the cows.

Reason #5: Let's go ahead and assume "most" most your big games are held in the evening. Here's the thing: until we set the clocks back an hour, any game with a kickoff between 2:30 and 6 p.m. kickoff will have the setting sun in somebody's eyes for at least one quarter. That means 3/4 of your "big" evening games are going to have the sun issue.

Reason #6: your cornball "traditions" that you ripped off from other schools, such as Pistols Firing (Tech), waving wheat (Kansas), Another COWBOY first down, beating paddles on the ground/walls (OU Ruf-Neks), etc. What's next, are you going to do mascot skits like KSU?

SicEmBaylor
8/7/2012, 02:23 PM
The Waco game in 2000 was probably the most embarrassing home atmosphere I've ever witnessed.

@Midwest City would have been more intimidating
It was a Kevin Steele coached team -- you're lucky we even had a squad on the field to play OU let alone fans to watch that abomination.

BoomerFrog
8/7/2012, 02:58 PM
http://keithr.zenfolio.com/p137985403

If you guys want a look at TCU's stadium.