PDA

View Full Version : Skip Bayless is truly an A-Hole

cccasooner2
7/27/2012, 06:58 PM
http://www.tulsaworld.com/blogs/sportspost.aspx?/Bayless_meets_Stoops_face_to_face._Would_he_try_to _fire_him_as_he_did_on_Twitter/12-16246

Bayless: "But, after you saved me against Florida State and Texas, you followed it up by handing me the most devastating loss I've ever suffered in my life. You fell behind 31-7 at home after a rainstorm to a 28-point underdog that went on and lost all the rest of its games, mostly by blowout. I will never recover from the Texas Tech loss. So please explain to me what the heck happened that fateful night."

Born and bred. LOL

SoonerObsession
7/27/2012, 07:35 PM
I can't stand Skip either, but I have to admit that some of those questions he asked were questions that I've been asking myself. I'm surprised that Bob didn't show the slightest bit of irritation during that interview.

rock on sooner
7/27/2012, 08:18 PM
That's cause Bob knew it was coming and he had his game face on.

zeke
7/27/2012, 10:31 PM
Nobody likes Bayless.

But he had nuts enough to ask Stoops. And its some of the same stuff that we have wondered and complained about.

Like him or not, I dont see much wrong with how that went.

Curly Bill
7/27/2012, 11:45 PM
I'm not a Skip fan, but I don't see a problem asking Bob about that. I mean it did happen on his watch right?

BoulderSooner79
7/28/2012, 12:16 AM
If I were Bob, I'd be tempted to respond "because it was worth it to watch YOUR reaction. Priceless."

Soonerus
7/28/2012, 12:20 AM
I think it is a fair question...what the h, did happen that night ??

Jason White's Third Knee
7/28/2012, 09:13 AM
Bayless just likes to hear his head rattle. He'll say anything for ratings. He has been caught lying on air and he admits that he doesn't watch most of the games he comments on. He could blather on regardless of the subject. I don't consider him a sports guy at all. Just a guy on tv yapping away about something.

tycat947
7/28/2012, 10:15 AM
Bayless just likes to hear his head rattle. He'll say anything for ratings. He has been caught lying on air and he admits that he doesn't watch most of the games he comments on. He could blather on regardless of the subject. I don't consider him a sports guy at all. Just a guy on tv yapping away about something.

This applies to most of the media these days! Included are some clowns from the Joklahoman. I think ESPiN started and encouraged that behavior.

thecrimsoncrusader
7/28/2012, 10:42 AM
6 KEY starters out is a reason, not an excuse for the loss. Anyone who disagrees doesn't know the difference between a reason and an excuse. With that said, 6 KEY starters out explains the loss, but it doesn't explain the complete arse kicking that occurred in the 1st half of that game to set the tone for the rest of the game.

marfacowboy
7/28/2012, 11:25 AM
I think Bayless is just doing his job, although I think it's inappropriate to "Tweet" that someone should be fired. That's unprofessional.

BoulderSooner79
7/28/2012, 04:31 PM
I think it is a fair question...what the h, did happen that night ??

Sure it's a fair question, but wording it like it was personal assault is, what's the technical term, dooshy?

cccasooner2
7/28/2012, 04:58 PM
Sure it's a fair question, but wording it like it was personal assault is, what's the technical term, dooshy?

Bob Stoops: Skip, I used up all the glue on purpose.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=JJMePGBYNqA

85sooners
7/30/2012, 12:03 AM
Phuck skippy

rainiersooner
7/30/2012, 01:32 AM
Did you want him to fellate Bob on the spot?

swardboy
7/30/2012, 08:42 AM
I think Skippy is a fan of the OU he grew up with, but sees Stoops as an outsider. Plus, he's putting himself in a no-lose position....if OU wins it all he'll be the biggest OU homer ever, otherwise he gets to play the know-it-all fan.

Statalyzer
7/31/2012, 05:41 PM
Rule #1 of sports analysis - Skip Bayless is always wrong. Even when he makes a good point, all he is doing is proving the adage that there is no cause so noble that a fool can't decide to join it, and no position so correct that an idiot can't hold it.

Flagstaffsooner
7/31/2012, 06:51 PM
Skippy and Barry Tammel sleep inn the same crib.

Scott D
8/1/2012, 03:55 PM
I'll say this...if Troy Aikman ever turned out to be gay, Skippy would be claiming he was telling everyone from Barry Switzer on down to the waterboy that Aikman was gay when he left Henryetta for Norman.

cccasooner2
8/1/2012, 04:23 PM
Rule #1 of sports analysis - Skip Bayless is always wrong. Even when he makes a good point, all he is doing is proving the adage that there is no cause so noble that a fool can't decide to join it, and no position so correct that an idiot can't hold it.

I'll put it in another way,

Skippy to Stoops: "You used up all the glue on puropse. You handed me the most devastating loss I've ever suffered in my life. "

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJMePGBYNqA

SoonerNomad
8/1/2012, 05:19 PM
I don't hate Skip Bayless but can only watch for so long. I also think interviewing a coach and crying like a baby about how YOU had to sit through a bad game is a poor way of doing an interview. I do agree that the questions were fine, just the style that puts me off.

I do always believe that as frustrated as I am when they play as poorly as they did against Tech last year that it doesn't hold a candle to the frustration level felt by Coach Stoops and his staff. My guess is they start questioning their own methods and start searching for answers much sooner than any of us do, including Skip Bayless.

cccasooner2
8/1/2012, 05:25 PM
What is Skippy's win-loss record? What was his nexr to worst loss? Anyone have inside information?

AlboSooner
8/1/2012, 09:46 PM
I watched the video of the exchange and it didn't sound bad at all. Bob knew the questions were coming, and in end Skip made Bob look good and praised him. Watch the video please.

Scott D
8/2/2012, 04:07 PM
I watched the video of the exchange and it didn't sound bad at all. Bob knew the questions were coming, and in end Skip made Bob look good and praised him. Watch the video please.

how much you payin?

stoops the eternal pimp
8/2/2012, 04:09 PM
I'll be honest, I don't care for Bayless one way or the other...But it wasn't that big of a deal.

Scott D
8/2/2012, 04:12 PM
I'll be honest, I don't care for Bayless one way or the other...But it wasn't that big of a deal.

I wouldn't know, nobody not even Mark Cuban has met my asking price to watch Bayless in any form of media.

stoops the eternal pimp
8/2/2012, 04:16 PM
I read it online...I haven't watched any talk ESPN stuff in over a year.

AlboSooner
8/3/2012, 11:17 AM
I wouldn't know, nobody not even Mark Cuban has met my asking price to watch Bayless in any form of media.

I watched the video because of Stoops.

Scott D
8/3/2012, 04:02 PM
I read it online...I haven't watched any talk ESPN stuff in over a year.

did skippy lie about his high school career in print too? :D