PDA

View Full Version : CHAZ NELSON

OUster
7/26/2012, 03:22 PM
Quite a bit of talk about the possible strength and lack of depth at DE. Chaz Nelson was aJUCO All-American and supposed to have some serious wheels for a DE. He had crazy stats out of Juco, but there is no mention of his possible contribution in any articles. Anyone know why? Hopefully, he made it campus.

MojoRisen
7/26/2012, 03:29 PM
I just read an article on him I believe on SCOUT.. He is expected to be in the rotation and to contribute! He has some talent!

cccasooner2
7/26/2012, 03:37 PM
Quite a bit of talk about the possible strength and lack of depth at DE. Chaz Nelson was aJUCO All-American and supposed to have some serious wheels for a DE. He had crazy stats out of Juco, but there is no mention of his possible contribution in any articles. Anyone know why? Hopefully, he made it campus.

He enrolled in the spring and played in the spring game.

madillsoonerfan5353
7/26/2012, 03:39 PM
He enrolled in the spring and played in the spring game.

Beat me to it. I sat by his family during the spring game. He made some plays.

goingoneight
7/26/2012, 07:00 PM
King, Washington, Ndulue, Tapper and Nelson. There's plenty of bodies to work with... I just don't know if any of them are going to be as good as what we've had in recent years. Auston English, Jeremy Beal, Ronnell Lewis and Big Frank Alexander have all been really good for quite some time now.

Salt City Sooner
7/26/2012, 11:05 PM
OU has had good DE play from the start of the Stoops era. It may be a bit of an unknown to this point, but until I see that position consistently not producing, color me not worried.

setem
7/27/2012, 12:52 AM
We have had some big questions marks in the past and for the most party they have worked out. I knew nothing of Austin English and that dude KILLED!!!

8timechamps
7/27/2012, 04:49 PM
There isn't really a depth issue at DE (9 rostered DEs). I think the only reason the media hasn't made more of Nelson is becuase there are so many DEs. Nelson should play some (on rotation), but it sounds like Ndulue is the guy that has gotten the most attention (as an "up and comer") at that position. We are pretty solid at DE (although not as solid as least year), so anything Nelson can add will just be a bonus.

soonerboy_odanorth
7/27/2012, 05:12 PM
I'm gonna give this dead horse another lash every time the DE conversation strikes up:

David King is going to have a MONSTER year at DE.

And RJ will be very good, too.. Go back and watch him abuse Iowa's Reilly Reiff (considered 2nd or 3rd best OT in the NFL draft). Ndulue is also going to surprise. He had too many good moments last year not to be a factor this year, unless he just gets lazy or hurt. But I believe I've heard he is a great worker. So maybe opponents better hope for the "hurt".

We're going to be fine at DE.

8timechamps
7/27/2012, 05:25 PM
We're going to be fine at DE.

Yep.

picasso
7/27/2012, 07:31 PM
Grissomm moving to TE should tell us something. JKM, the film nerd himself was highly impressed with Ndulue after our bowl game.

VA Sooner
7/27/2012, 08:54 PM
DE and DT will be key for the defense to give the secondary some breathing room and make some plays (hopefully lots of INTs). I'm less concerned about the DEs than I am of the DTs.

Collier11
7/28/2012, 02:58 PM
we might be more athletic, who knows if we will be better